Great news!
773 15 2020-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

My recent video clips have been used by Visit Alderney and the BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation) in the promotion of a recently refurbished Roman Fort.Here are links to different videos that contain some of my footage.
https://www.facebook.com/100029001338539/videos/420008382309203/

https://www.facebook.com/visitalderney/videos/2836700099887028/

It isn't much, but is your work in the news?
2020-7-29
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great Job!! Congrats
2020-7-29
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

That's really cool! Congrats!
2020-7-29
Use props
KDP +
Second Officer
Flight distance : 947930 ft
Belgium

Good work !  #proud
2020-7-29
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

Well done!  Hats off to you
2020-7-29
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Cool! Congrats mate
2020-7-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Congrats.     UK here,  just wondered how the BBC found you?
2020-7-30
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Many congrats!
2020-7-30
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Guernsey

DAFlys Posted at 7-30 01:15
Congrats.     UK here,  just wondered how the BBC found you?

That is a convoluted story.
Briefly, i was asked by the tourist office here on the island to take some video for them to use in the promotion of the refurbished fort.
There are experts in filmography here and other drone users to choose from but they asked me, instead.
I try hard to promote the island as a place to holiday by posting drone and normal photos on facebook with free copies, do with them how you like, to the tourist office. In that respect, they are happy to deal with me. For anyone looking for an entry into this medium, i would say, take as much good shots as you can and offer them free. When you get your foot in the door, make yourself known to the chief influencer there and without appearing to 'sell' express your keenness  to get involved. After that, send your shots via that person. It has taken since 2016 for me to be accepted. However, once you have them behind you and the BBC use your stuff, there is a sudden feeling of credibility amongst those of influence.
2020-7-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AlansDronePics Posted at 7-30 01:47
That is a convoluted story.
Briefly, i was asked by the tourist office here on the island to take some video for them to use in the promotion of the refurbished fort.
There are experts in filmography here and other drone users to choose from but they asked me, instead.

Thanks,  I had 4 front covers for a magazine with my non drone photography and was just getting a repport with the editor when she left, and shortly after they scrapped the magazine.    Never thought of trying the local tourist office,  thanks for the idea.
2020-7-30
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Guernsey

DAFlys Posted at 7-30 01:54
Thanks,  I had 4 front covers for a magazine with my non drone photography and was just getting a repport with the editor when she left, and shortly after they scrapped the magazine.    Never thought of trying the local tourist office,  thanks for the idea.

Since then, a matter of a week, i have been asked by the local airline to produce a video for the header on their web site and for this Saturday, the island train group want vidios and photos of the restored miniature railway. The sort of train the driver straddles and tows carridges filled with kids. I plan to do that one, but i turned the airline down. What the wanted wasn't sensible or technically viable. Proof of that was how the previous company had made a mess of the job. Be very careful if asked to do a video for a web page header. It has to stretch for a desktop monitor and shrink for an upright phone screen. I do web work, so i saw the problem early on.  Good luck with getting noticed and staying there.
2020-7-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fantastic job.  Congratulations.
2020-7-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AlansDronePics Posted at 7-30 02:05
Since then, a matter of a week, i have been asked by the local airline to produce a video for the header on their web site and for this Saturday, the island train group want vidios and photos of the restored miniature railway. The sort of train the driver straddles and tows carridges filled with kids. I plan to do that one, but i turned the airline down. What the wanted wasn't sensible or technically viable. Proof of that was how the previous company had made a mess of the job. Be very careful if asked to do a video for a web page header. It has to stretch for a desktop monitor and shrink for an upright phone screen. I do web work, so i saw the problem early on.  Good luck with getting noticed and staying there.

Ah we have a railway like that near here at the local swimming pool.
2020-7-31
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Guernsey

DAFlys Posted at 7-31 00:09
Ah we have a railway like that near here at the local swimming pool.

You must be chuff, chuff, chuff, chuffed.
I hope you will forgive my silly humour. I couldn't help myself.
2020-7-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AlansDronePics Posted at 7-31 00:11
You must be chuff, chuff, chuff, chuffed.
I hope you will forgive my silly humour. I couldn't help myself.

Ive never been on it tbh.
2020-7-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wow, congrats!
2020-9-18
Use props
Advanced