MM - uncontrolled descent and lost in lake
411 4 2020-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7df032dc
lvl.1

Germany

Hi all

I've had a very odd error with my mavic mini. I was flying along nicely, no issues - along a beautiful lake - beautiful day, beautiful sunshine. No major winds and I wasn't flying too high at all. Suddenly, the MM loses connection and then regains it. Then I notice how it no longer moves back into my direction and suddenly loses a lot of altitude. I could not recover it until it finally dropped into the lake I was filming with >17% of battery left.

It was showing me the motor speed error as well, however it did as well in the previous days, after which I had changed the props.

Would you mind having a look at my logs?

https://app.airdata.com/share/PsuQVI

many thanks
2020-7-29
Use props
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Looks like several motor speed errors, read the post right at the top of the forum, DJI advise contacting support if changing the props doesn't fix it, flying over a lake with that warning was very risky (as you discovered).

You probably had damaged props which needed to be replaced (strange how the replacements were the same though), this can result in an uncommanded decent especially if the battery gets low like yours

Sorry to sound negative, hope DJI can help
2020-7-29
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

The poor thing complained and suggested to return home and fix it almost immediately, the error isn't odd at all, not even after replacing some props... the loss of altitude with repeated warning is a confirmation your props were bad.
2020-7-29
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe next time?.......
2020-7-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry to read and to know that your DJI Mavic Mini. Since this unfortunate event happened I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a professional team that will do there best to check what happened to the said drone and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2020-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules