Help With DJI Logging Of Flights
1751 8 2020-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MattMPA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99619 ft
United States

Now that I have my 107 ticket, I'm trying to find the best logbook app.

If I look at the DJI pp on my phone, it shows every flight, it's duration, etc. However, when I "sync" with Airdata, or Drone Logbook, it often shows "no coordinates" on AirData or "grounded" in Drone Logbook. Considering both are off...is this a concern with DJI's logging?

Yesterday, I took two flights. I wanted to test a filter with the lighting conditions. Very shortly after take-off, I realized that the filter was took dark and landed. Turned off the Mini, removed the filter...and restarted the Mini. The next flight was about 20 minutes.

The shorter flight shows up in the data when synced, but not the longer one. And this isn't an isolated incident.

I was hoping to get an app that would automate the flights for simplicity, but it seems like syncing doesn't function properly regardless of the app or service. Kittyhawk won't sync at all....
2020-7-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to using a third party application. I hope that our valued DJI co pilots can provide you the best recommendation for this inquiry. Just a friendly to please use the recommended application DJI Fly to ensure that flight records are accurate and complete. Thank you.
2020-7-30
Use props
Haggi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2581785 ft
Norway

Regarding Airdata:
"Flights will automatically synchronize daily when you view your flight list. Otherwise, automatic synchronization will occur weekly."

You can manually sync newer flights in your browser by going to your Airdata account--->DJI Login--->Sync all.

In other words, Airdata do not sync instantly.
2020-7-30
Use props
MattMPA
lvl.2
United States

Thanks all...but I have no problem in syncing flights. Often, the data is corrupted or missing. Yet, the data is accurate in the DJY Fly app.

I am trying to determine why this occurs.

I contacted DJI Tech Support yesterday, which I am sorry to say was worthless. They really need to step up their game in a big way with tech support.

Regardless of the third party product I am using, the problem is the same. I highly doubt it has anything to do with the third parties.

Yesterday, I posted a similar message on Mavic Pilots. Someone posted that AirData has determined that if you have "Auto-sync flight records" turned on in the Fly app...it sends erratic data. The poster wrote that this should be turned of while flying...and turned on once you have finished your flights. He has found this to correct the same problem as I am having. I will be testing this.
2020-7-31
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I do not understand this fascination people have of 'backing up' to someone else's  storage.
I'd suggest you backup your flight logs to your own computer and or an external hard drive and then use the likes of CsvVIew and or DatCon and or TXTlogToCSVtool_Mavic_mini.exe to read them and present the information as you wish.
CsvView give nice graphical output.
2020-7-31
Use props
MattMPA
lvl.2
United States

I understand, and have been looking a good way to keep a log and be compliant with the rules. The flight data provided would be very helpful if it was automated into a program that allowed me to add details on different flights.  I have no problem backing up to my own system, I back up hourly on the computer I use for my business to an external drive.

DroneLogbook works well, but the data provided form the DJI sync is buggy.

I did 2 short tests today, leaving auto sync off in the Fly app. Then after the flights pushed to sync. This, at least in my test, worked. DroneLogbook imported the data fine this time. We'll see how that progresses.
The real issue remains. It seems that when left of "auto sync" in the app, it causes data to be corrupted upon the sync...while the data on the device is OK.
2020-7-31
Use props
MattMPA
lvl.2
United States

UPDATE: I have just downloaded today's test flight logs, and they are still a bit erratic.

It seems to put the starting point in the (very) wrong location....I'd be glad to figure that out...
2020-7-31
Use props
Baykayaker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 826168 ft
United States

MattMPA,

Not sure what type of record you are attempting to keep.  But if you are just looking for a way to keep track of location, distance flown, times, and maintenance data, you might look into the workbook I've posted below.

If it's not your cup of tea, then just delete it.  

The workbook contains macros to allow printing of the important worksheets.

Baykayaker

UAS Flight Logbook v1.70 with print macros.zip

193.12 KB, Down times: 13

2020-8-10
Use props
MattMPA
lvl.2
United States

Thanks very much! I will check that out! Very kind of you to share!
2020-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules