SDK Don't despair Dronelink will support Missions!
1783 8 2020-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bussty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Found this over at Mavic Pilots

https://support.dronelink.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360048862474-Upgrade-to-DJI-Mobile-SDK-4-13-with-Mavic-Mini-support-?page=1#community_comment_360012169474

Fantastic news! Dronelink will support missions. Only limitation is if drone disconnects from controller mission is aborted and RTH engaged i.e mission not stored on drone. But I can certainly live with that! Best news on SDK yet :-)
2020-7-29
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Looks like Dronelink is free too? At least I grabbed it in the app store for free.
Edit: Oh, no it's not. The app is free but you need to have a paid registration to login and use it.
2020-7-29
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542083 ft
Spain

Similar behaviour as Dronelink would be made by DJIFLY app simply if they add support to a XML parser file where you write the set of movements/heights/speed which you want that the drone makes for you...
2020-7-29
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Dirty Bird Posted at 7-29 18:10
The requirement that the drone maintain RC contact to fly a mission defeats the whole point of an autonomous waypoint mission.  If I have RC contact I could just fly the drone manually.

I think a lot of people aren't skilled enough to fly drones on a path and do so smoothly. With an app that demands you keep in contact with the controller I think that would meet the needs of many. Also those wanting to fly an exact path in different seasons this app again ticks the box for many. End of the day being able to run a mission even if having to be connected is better than not being able to fly any missions at all?
2020-7-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for creating this post and sharing your insights regarding this matter. Just friendly reminder to please fly with caution when using a third party application. This application may work but we cannot guarantee the stability and compatibility during flight. Thank you and safe flying.
2020-7-29
Use props
Euande
lvl.2
Australia

Woot! I've signed up as a hobby user, created my first mission - over to you Dronelink.
2020-7-30
Use props
VanzPix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Euande Posted at 7-30 00:03
Woot! I've signed up as a hobby user, created my first mission - over to you Dronelink.
Great could you give us a little demo video
when it's available
2020-7-30
Use props
Euande
lvl.2
Australia

VanzPix Posted at 7-30 02:01
Great could you give us a little demo video
when it's available

I'll try and get something running this weekend.

Dronelink have already posted a beta version of their app with Mavic Mini support included.
2020-7-30
Use props
VanzPix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Euande Posted at 7-30 21:12
I'll try and get something running this weekend.

Dronelink have already posted a beta version of their app with Mavic Mini support included.

Thank you that would be great
2020-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules