Any suggestions on getting a your Drone for tree?
885 27 2020-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
meejaycoran
lvl.2
Flight distance : 290295 ft
United States

I know most of you are probabley laughing at me and saying, "quit wasting your money, noob"... However, I'm not quitter and not give up easilly!  So, we are good to go on drone # 4 flying super well and all that good jazz..  I am tryin to find drone 3 in some trees.  I was able to see it blinking about 48 hours ago, but it was in deep brush and I was not able to mark the exact tree.  I do have the latititude and logitutde and have the tree marked. I was able to see the drone blinking the evening I lost it but I didnt have the correct type of flash light (iphone light) going throug the thick brush.  According to my flight records its 15 ft up so that's not too bad and I've seen it once so I know I have to find it.. I think I am about to go to Walmart and buy a spot light and bincolurs and give that a shot!   If anyone has any other suggestions feel free to shoot them my way!!

Very Kinkly,

Clinton!
2020-7-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Got a friend with a drone that can do a survey for you?
2020-7-30
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Get a ladder may be Good luck getting it down - at least you know where it is
2020-7-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. i am sorry to know about this unfortunate incident. With regards to this concern. I hope that our valued DJI co pilots can provide you the recommendation for this query. It would best for to contact a professional tree climber to assists you to recover your drone from the tree. Thank you.
2020-7-30
Use props
meejaycoran
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-30 01:12
Got a friend with a drone that can do a survey for you?

Yeah, I have a buddy with one and I have another Mavic Mini.  I screen shotted the flight path and have the exact geo coordinates for it's location;  I just have not seen it again!  Last night, I went and got 3 flash lights and some binoculars to go into the woods and look around.   

When you say do a survey, you mean just fly really high over the woods and record the area really well?  I did it a little bit yesterday, the problem is I hit restricted air space pretty quick so I only have that 100 second window before it auto lands.  That's the reason drone #3 is in the trees was the auto land smh! Im a dummy...
2020-7-30
Use props
meejaycoran
lvl.2
United States

A J Posted at 7-30 01:42
Get a ladder may be  Good luck getting it down - at least you know where it is

LOL I wish it was that easy!!  Because of all the foliage from the trees, I have not seen it since the night it crashed and was blinking.  I know, I should have at least marked the tree that night, but it was deep deep brush and I thought, "Oh Okay, I see it, I'll wake up early and go get it".  Obvisouly, , that did not happen..YET..  I am going into the woods with some binoculars today and I might fly over it again and just record but I would hate to get another in the trees lol Then it would be $1000 bucks just chilling in the trees..
2020-7-30
Use props
meejaycoran
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-30 03:19
Hi. i am sorry to know about this unfortunate incident. With regards to this concern. I hope that our valued DJI co pilots can provide you the recommendation for this query. It would best for to contact a professional tree climber to assists you to recover your drone from the tree. Thank you.

Absolutely!  That's my plan, however I have not re found the drone again since the night it crashed...I was able to see it blinking and have the GEO coordinates and flight path...I wouldn't want to send a tree climber up the wrong tree, but you never know it might be the right tree...It's quite the conundrum to say the least...As buddy mentioned above,  I could fly over the trees and get a good video and survey it, but I really don't wont to risk another Mavic Mini getting lost into the trees or stuck!

Hopefully, one of the pros will give me some great advice.. Besides..."oh you are in your fourth drone in less than a month?  Maybe you should get a different drone".  Nahhhh I love the Mavic Mini
2020-7-30
Use props
meejaycoran
lvl.2
United States

Very Kindly***
2020-7-30
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

meejaycoran Posted at 7-30 05:22
LOL I wish it was that easy!!  Because of all the foliage from the trees, I have not seen it since the night it crashed and was blinking.  I know, I should have at least marked the tree that night, but it was deep deep brush and I thought, "Oh Okay, I see it, I'll wake up early and go get it".  Obvisouly, , that did not happen..YET..  I am going into the woods with some binoculars today and I might fly over it again and just record but I would hate to get another in the trees lol Then it would be $1000 bucks just chilling in the trees..

One of those walks - forget the ladder then lol. Take an axe and chop the tree down? haha
2020-7-30
Use props
meejaycoran
lvl.2
United States

A J Posted at 7-30 07:28
One of those walks - forget the ladder then lol. Take an axe and chop the tree down? haha

LOL I think I might need a chain saw!! I flew over it a couple times and recorded it but did not see anything from the sky above...NOT giving up!!!!!
2020-7-30
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

meejaycoran Posted at 7-30 09:48
LOL I think I might need a chain saw!! I flew over it a couple times and recorded it but did not see anything from the sky above...NOT giving up!!!!!

Keep at it mate - it's there waiting for you!
2020-7-30
Use props
meejaycoran
lvl.2
United States

A J Posted at 7-30 10:10
Keep at it mate - it's there waiting for you!

I really do appreciate the encouragement!!!  I mean theres several ways to look at it...in a month the foliage will be away worst case scenario...  However, I am determined to find it! Once I find  it again, then we move to getting it out!  I just want to see it again....mark the tree and etc...lol I might even climb up on some of the apartments in my complex to see if I can get a better look.  I go to the exact coordinates and its a huge tree, but I don't wont to hire a climber for no reason if it's not up there ya knoW?

Thanks again!!!!
2020-7-30
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

meejaycoran Posted at 7-30 10:43
I really do appreciate the encouragement!!!  I mean theres several ways to look at it...in a month the foliage will be away worst case scenario...  However, I am determined to find it! Once I find  it again, then we move to getting it out!  I just want to see it again....mark the tree and etc...lol I might even climb up on some of the apartments in my complex to see if I can get a better look.  I go to the exact coordinates and its a huge tree, but I don't wont to hire a climber for no reason if it's not up there ya knoW?

No probs. Be mindful that if it's easy for you to spot then it will be for others walking by too and they'll try to grab it, especially if they know there hundreds of bucks dangling up there. Good luck getting it - keep us updated on the progress. If you retrieve it and have care refresh you can send it back for replacement if it's no longer working
2020-7-30
Use props
meejaycoran
lvl.2
United States

A J Posted at 7-30 11:00
No probs. Be mindful that if it's easy for you to spot then it will be for others walking by too and they'll try to grab it, especially if they know there hundreds of bucks dangling up there. Good luck getting it - keep us updated on the progress. If you retrieve it and have care refresh you can send it back for replacement if it's no longer working

Well, theres good news and bad news to that statement...I live in a neighborhood with  ton of a kids, but none of them will go back in the woos lol I remember being a kid and that's all we did was play in the woods and what not!
That's my main issue right now;  I have not been able to spot it again since I saw it 72 hours ago blinking in a tree at like 9:30 PM at night,(15 feet up according to flight records and I can kinda rememeber looking at the red blinking light at a certain eye level)  but when I found it, I only had my cell phone flash light and the brush was think, I thought it would be easy for me to return and just find it....YES, I didi learn my lesson and an an idiot  for not just maning through the brush and tagging the tree!!

I have done a couple fly overs recording those, but not trying to have both in the trees, ya know!!!  lol..boy am I wrong and have not seen anything yet in those recordings..  One of my army buddies is coming over and hopefully he learned how to track GPS coordinates better than me an has better eyes than me too!! lol

I will most def. keep you posted!  Thanks for the advice!
2020-7-30
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

meejaycoran Posted at 7-30 14:41
Well, theres good news and bad news to that statement...I live in a neighborhood with  ton of a kids, but none of them will go back in the woos lol I remember being a kid and that's all we did was play in the woods and what not!
That's my main issue right now;  I have not been able to spot it again since I saw it 72 hours ago blinking in a tree at like 9:30 PM at night,(15 feet up according to flight records and I can kinda rememeber looking at the red blinking light at a certain eye level)  but when I found it, I only had my cell phone flash light and the brush was think, I thought it would be easy for me to return and just find it....YES, I didi learn my lesson and an an idiot  for not just maning through the brush and tagging the tree!!

I'm sure your mate will be a great help - if you know anyone else with a drone that may help too.
2020-7-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

meejaycoran Posted at 7-30 05:19
Yeah, I have a buddy with one and I have another Mavic Mini.  I screen shotted the flight path and have the exact geo coordinates for it's location;  I just have not seen it again!  Last night, I went and got 3 flash lights and some binoculars to go into the woods and look around.   

When you say do a survey, you mean just fly really high over the woods and record the area really well?  I did it a little bit yesterday, the problem is I hit restricted air space pretty quick so I only have that 100 second window before it auto lands.  That's the reason drone #3 is in the trees was the auto land smh! Im a dummy...

Doh,   I hope you can access the area on foot then.
2020-7-31
Use props
meejaycoran
lvl.2
United States

A J Posted at 7-30 23:19
I'm sure your mate will be a great help - if you know anyone else with a drone that may help too.

We found it last night stuck in some vines and got it out...I then flew it for a little bit and then it dropped out of the sky lol lucikliy never high or it would have broke more, but I am going to send it by for DJI refresh kit...and yeah, going to be very careful!  thank you!
2020-7-31
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

meejaycoran Posted at 7-31 04:51
We found it last night stuck in some vines and got it out...I then flew it for a little bit and then it dropped out of the sky lol lucikliy never high or it would have broke more, but I am going to send it by for DJI refresh kit...and yeah, going to be very careful!  thank you!
I’m pleased to read that you at least managed to retrieve it and will ship it back! Won’t be ling until you’re back in the air
2020-7-31
Use props
meejaycoran
lvl.2
United States

A J Posted at 7-31 05:12
I’m pleased to read that you at least managed to retrieve it and will ship it back! Won’t be ling until you’re back in the air

You and I both lol!!! Another crazy is, I went to Walmart and bought some nice flashlights/spot lights and some binoculars...A buddy and myself were walking through and I was shining the light up and saw it!!! I couldnt believe it! lol He goes how the hell are you going to get that down right now? lol It was in some vines so I was able to pull on them hard enough to shake it out the tree, thank God!!  

Then I just did a test fly to see if it even worked, because it was in the tree for a solid 72 hours and it took off fine and everything and was hovering about 20 feet off the ground and then just stopped working mid flight and hit the ground; luckily, I was not any higher because that def. did more damage!   I went ahead and did what I am supposed to for the DJI Refresh, so I am waiting on them to send me the new shipping label so I can send that one off.

The good news is I have two lol So, I will be flying while that one is in the mail!   I just wish they would go ahead and send me the shipping label.  I remember last time, it took maybe 36 hours or something or one of the Admins in here look at it and did something.  Hopefully, that will happen again!
2020-7-31
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

meejaycoran Posted at 7-31 06:39
You and I both lol!!! Another crazy is, I went to Walmart and bought some nice flashlights/spot lights and some binoculars...A buddy and myself were walking through and I was shining the light up and saw it!!! I couldnt believe it! lol He goes how the hell are you going to get that down right now? lol It was in some vines so I was able to pull on them hard enough to shake it out the tree, thank God!!  

Then I just did a test fly to see if it even worked, because it was in the tree for a solid 72 hours and it took off fine and everything and was hovering about 20 feet off the ground and then just stopped working mid flight and hit the ground; luckily, I was not any higher because that def. did more damage!   I went ahead and did what I am supposed to for the DJI Refresh, so I am waiting on them to send me the new shipping label so I can send that one off.

It can take weeks to get the replacement but it will come soon enough. Stroke of luck there finding the drone - glad it's sorted for you
2020-7-31
Use props
meejaycoran
lvl.2
United States

A J Posted at 7-31 11:27
It can take weeks to get the replacement but it will come soon enough. Stroke of luck there finding the drone - glad it's sorted for you

It doesn't take that long to get a DJI care refresh one replace once I get the UPS shipping info which takes a couple days at most...I sent it off last time and got it back in about 5 days or less..Went to Houston and then straight back to me with a new one..That's what determination and the special forces do to you!
2020-7-31
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

meejaycoran Posted at 7-31 14:47
It doesn't take that long to get a DJI care refresh one replace once I get the UPS shipping info which takes a couple days at most...I sent it off last time and got it back in about 5 days or less..Went to Houston and then straight back to me with a new one..That's what determination and the special forces do to you!

Hahaha - took me four weeks to get my new Phantom 4 Pro replaced but that is in Europe and nearly four years ago and a DOA warranty claim - I'm sure things have improved on that front now.
2020-7-31
Use props
meejaycoran
lvl.2
United States

A J Posted at 7-31 14:49
Hahaha - took me four weeks to get my new Phantom 4 Pro replaced but that is in Europe and nearly four years ago and a DOA warranty claim - I'm sure things have improved on that front now.

ohhhh okay!!! That's crazy! lol I think that's why I ended up buying a second one...I didnt feel like waiting...But once they send me the shipping label...Take it to the UPS store and I say about 5 days..Going from Atlanta to Houston....Yeah, you are like me determined to find it!!!  I might would buy another Mavic if I had to wait for a month to fly lol
2020-7-31
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

meejaycoran Posted at 7-31 16:31
ohhhh okay!!! That's crazy! lol I think that's why I ended up buying a second one...I didnt feel like waiting...But once they send me the shipping label...Take it to the UPS store and I say about 5 days..Going from Atlanta to Houston....Yeah, you are like me determined to find it!!!  I might would buy another Mavic if I had to wait for a month to fly lol

Under care refresh the turn around will be much quicker mate.
2020-8-1
Use props
meejaycoran
lvl.2
United States

A J Posted at 8-1 00:13
Under care refresh the turn around will be much quicker mate.

Yep..  I am just waiting on the shipping label?  I tried to ask the admin who helped me before with it...she was able to look me up in the forum and give me some news on what's going on and everything..  Hopefuly, she will reply back!
2020-8-1
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

meejaycoran Posted at 8-1 08:38
Yep..  I am just waiting on the shipping label?  I tried to ask the admin who helped me before with it...she was able to look me up in the forum and give me some news on what's going on and everything..  Hopefuly, she will reply back!

2020-8-1
Use props
meejaycoran
lvl.2
United States

Just got the shipping label; so i'lll so by friday I should have a new drone!
2020-8-1
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

meejaycoran Posted at 8-1 12:56
Just got the shipping label; so i'lll so by friday I should have a new drone!

Good news mate - that won't take long now!
2020-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules