Huawei P40 pro + OSMO 3 : Issues and Questions
3126 3 2020-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
billouparis
lvl.1
France

Hi,

I'm new to Osmo, just bought the Osmo mobile 3, and use it with my brand new Huawei P40 pro.
Issues:
- very bad connection with the phone, most of the time, in the mimo app, it shows the Osmo battery with red icon, and empty logo, although Osmo battery is fully charged, and the  whole thing seems to misbehave, does not operate at all.
- in the previous situation, the mimo app also suggests a firmware update, that never installs. The whole thing remains stuck with blinking red and green led, even if you switch it off, and then back on. Even if you reboot your phone. Nothing will do.

- after multiple tries, and lost time, the mimo app will finally show the 100% loaded battery, and the firmware notification is no longer available. To reach this I tried: cleear cache of the android app, clear cache inside the app itself, forget and unpair BT, stuff like this, and after 30 min, I finally got it working ok-ish.

=> Overall total disaster in terms of connectivity.

Questions:
A

- My phone is capable of excellent zoom (3 different sensors on it, wide, regular, and 5x optical)
- My phone is capable of excellent slow motion, up to 7000 fps
- My phone is capable of 4k 60fps rate.
- My phone is capable of excellent antishake system.

Why can't the Mimo app take advantage of my technological advanced features on this phone???

B
- If I set the video mode to Tilt Lock, and then use my native camera application, will the Osmo mobile 3 still operate in tilt locked mode?

Thank you!
Bill

2020-7-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. We are happy to know that your previous trouble was resolved. With regards to this query about the framerate. Due to the large number of Android mobile device models, the system version and the degree of development of third party interfaces are inconsistent. To ensure the stability of video recording the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 does not support Android mobile devices higher frame rate. Rest assured that the our DJI R&D are continuously sending out updates to all DJI devices to improve user experience. Thank you.
2020-7-30
Use props
billouparis
lvl.1
France

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-30 03:17
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. We are happy to know that your previous trouble was resolved. With regards to this query about the framerate. Due to the large number of Android mobile device models, the system version and the degree of development of third party interfaces are inconsistent. To ensure the stability of video recording the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 does not support Android mobile devices higher frame rate. Rest assured that the our DJI R&D are continuously sending out updates to all DJI devices to improve user experience. Thank you.

Well, I am a SW engineer myself, I can imagine that multiple products are hard to handle. A pity though to not have a dedicated SW version for our mobile excellent camera features.
Question:
- When using the native camera app, can I still set the Follow, Tilt Lock, and FVP modes all the same, or is it useless to even try?
2020-7-30
Use props
VanzPix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

billouparis Posted at 7-30 06:59
Well, I am a SW engineer myself, I can imagine that multiple products are hard to handle. A pity though to not have a dedicated SW version for our mobile excellent camera features.
Question:
- When using the native camera app, can I still set the Follow, Tilt Lock, and FVP modes all the same, or is it useless to even try?

malheureusement non...
2020-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules