Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RHCP Antennas
6596 9 2020-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chris FPV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56263 ft
Austria

Dear DJI Team / Colleagues,

I would like to mount RHCP antennas on the Quad (Air Unit) and on the FPV Goggles to increase range.

Question:
Is it still possible to use the DJI remote controller when RHCP antennas are mounted on the air unit? (I'm not sure if the communication to the radio is also using the same antennas for communication. And i fear to have connection problems with the radio when using RHCP polarized antennas on the air unit & goggles.)

Many thx for your feedback!

Chris FPV
2020-7-30
Use props
mc54
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

RHCP Antennas are fine as long as you use them on BOTH the goggles and the air unit.

They won't give you any performance advantages over the LHCP antennas (unless the are better antennas like the TrueRC X-Airs).
2020-7-30
Use props
Chris FPV
lvl.1
Austria

mc54 Posted at 7-30 10:19
RHCP Antennas are fine as long as you use them on BOTH the goggles and the air unit.

They won't give you any performance advantages over the LHCP antennas (unless the are better antennas like the TrueRC X-Airs).
Hi mc,

thx for the reply.
Its clear that LHCP & RHCP have the same range & you only have to choose the same polarization on goggles & Air unit. But I'm still wondering if the antennas of the dji remote Controller also have to be changed to RHCP.

thx

Chris FPV
2020-7-30
Use props
mc54
lvl.4

United States

No, the are not polarized at all (linear) so the can go either way.
2020-7-30
Use props
Chris FPV
lvl.1
Austria

mc54 Posted at 7-30 12:10
No, the are not polarized at all (linear) so the can go either way.

Perfect, many thanks!

Chris FPV
2020-7-31
Use props
djiuser_TXbTUerXaZbI
lvl.1

United States

I heard that you need a pair for the DJI googles - does it mean 1 side is LHCP and the other side is RHCP , OR all of them must be LHCP ( all Googles sides & all Air Unit sides ) ?

thanks in advance
2020-12-18
Use props
mc54
lvl.4

United States

ALL must be either LHCP OR RHCP. Don't mix and match, on the drone or on the goggles.
2020-12-19
Use props
fichek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 915233 ft
Croatia

I don't think you could tell a difference between all rhcp/all lhcp or a mix of both in an average situation. The system strives on multi-pathing anyway so increasing the gain on reflections (they reverse polarity) can't hurt. For max line of sight range you should of course keep them all the same.
2020-12-20
Use props
Chris FPV
lvl.1
Austria

Hi again.

Another question: Can the standard DJI air Unit Antennas used together w/ AX2 LHCP goggle antannas w/o loosing signal strength?
2022-4-29
Use props
Chris FPV
lvl.1
Austria

Hello, found the answer. For everyone who is interested: https://forum.dji.com/thread-241665-1-1.html
2022-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules