Potential storage problem (props bent out of shape)
1016 4 2020-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wiz33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

I left my Mini in the carry case for a couple months with the quarantine at home and I recent took it out for a quick flight around the house and I was getting a warning to replace one set of props. It seems that the bottom props can get compressed when left inside the carry case for long period. I would suggest that you keep the mini out of the carrying case if you don't plan on flyinh for a period of time. I was able to get the prop to return to the proper angle after I left the mini with all the arms unfloded and gently bending the props back to the proper angle after about one day. Something to consider if you're not going to use the mini for a long period.
2020-7-30
Use props
lacibaci
lvl.4
Flight distance : 235682 ft
United States

I do exactly that. When not flying, my mini is out of the case with unfolded arms.
2020-7-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Wiz33. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for sharing this experience with us and you valued insights when storing the DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you and please stay safe always.
2020-7-30
Use props
Zbip57
lvl.4

Canada

It's not just storing the Mini in its case that's causing the props to deform.  Merely storing the Mini with arms folded and the prop blades crossed (especially the rear props) will bend the blades.  See photos in these links.

What is causing the propeller deformation leading to Motor Speed Error warnings, and why is most often the left-rear motor?
Reason for Prop Deformation

How you can yourself determine for certain whether the Motor Speed Error warning is factual?
Hover Test plotting Motor Speeds

How to prevent further propeller deformation?
Do Not Cross Blades of Rear Motors
2020-8-2
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I follow on @Zbip57's answer, the Fly More Combo case is one of the safest places where to store the Mini as long as you pay attention the bottom blades do not get pinched behind the bump specifically made to avoid the weight being rested on them in the first place.

Ideally you'd want to loosely tie the blades together so that they're not pinched, not exactly crossed straight but slightly angled towards the rear of the drone. This usually gives the best free resting position. The bump in the case is pretty far back to avoid pinching the blades.

Similar care although not as critical should be used for the front blades. Personally I also store my Fly More Case inside the cardboard box it came in (along with the prop guards which I almost never use).

I love my Fly More case.

2020-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules