HORRIBLE REPAIR EXPERIENCE
913 7 2020-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
reginamirova
lvl.1
United States

Never thought I'll be one of the hundreds of DJI customers who's gonna get in a ...ty situation like this. It was my first and the LAST product I ever purchase from DJI.
They received my drone on June 28th with Battery, Remote, and in the DJI case (bag)  cause we all know how UPS delivers fragile stuff so I shipped it that way. I wrote a note where I listed everything I'm shipping just so they know that I'm keeping a track of everything. I already knew what exactly needs to be repaired and it was GIMBAL. My drone never fell, never got damaged and the only thing that was malfunctioning is the gimbal and I started getting error messages saying the Gimbal Is Overloaded so I figured I'd rather send it to the official company to do a quick repair than to some third party company.
My drone is new, it still had stickers on some parts it's safe to have them, not a single scratch, looks like new fresh out of the box, operates very well, no problem with it just a gimbal that needs to be replaced.

On the website, it states that "It takes approx. 5-7 business days to repair the product after arriving at the DJI Service Center", however, it took the company 30 days to repair my drone causing me a lot of stress cause I lost a client I was supposed to do some production work for but that was only the beginning of my awful experience.  I was calling them up to twice a week to get updates on the status of repair that they wouldn't post online unless I call. Made me feel like they were forgetting about it.
When damage assessment was done I was sent an email that states what I need to pay for in order to get my drone fixed and shipped back.  The detail I should pay for is called "Gimbal Axis Arm Module" ($63) for which I paid as well as for their services. They sent me the email after stating that my drone is fixed and is being shipped however I've noticed that among listed items they are shipping back in the package is the aircraft with a different serial number, not the one I sent them originally.

I reached out to the company asking for an explanation of why would they replace the entire aircraft that is brand new without any damages or scratches instead of replacing that one detail I paid for. I was told that even in the email it states that if the aircraft can't be repaired it will be replaced... It didn't make any sense because they told me that there's only one small detail that needs to be replaced and it's not the entire aircraft.

I did a research and found hundreds of reviews of aircraft owners who shipped their drones to DJI for repair and received completely different refurbished! drones that were used by someone else before and in many cases it was malfunctioning. It made me worried cause my drone had a very small repair and was never damaged to the point it needs to be replaced entirely and it made me feel suspicious about the company replacing the entire aircraft in such a generous way and charging me only for a small detail especially after they confirmed that only one detail needs to be replaced. I was not notified that this is what they are going to do and I absolutely hate when I'm not notified or asked for permission to replace the entire aircraft. I felt very much mislead!

I reached out to the company again and asked to speak to the supervisor because I refused to accept the replaced aircraft cause I wasn't notified and never gave them permission to replace a brand new body of the aircraft with another one. However, they said that the drone was already shipped and that in the last email they send me, there was a message that has a statement mentioned below, they can pretty much do whatever they want in this situation:

"Dear customer, We regret that the service is not covered by warranty based on the results of damage assessment, please find details as follow: Out of warranty We will either repair it or replace it with a product that’s new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability after payment has been received."

That message looks more like a general note they send in every email that has their Service Quotation just so they could refer to it if customers will complain about it later. According to all forums that I looked into for more information for similar cases, it turns out to be common for the company to do things as such without warning each customer on what EXACTLY will be done to your drone AFTER you place the payment.  

I still don't understand why would the company notify us about what details we have to pay for in order for the aircraft to be fixed and then do something like this. I spoke to a representative again and he kept on telling me that if the drone can't be repaired they replace it. Nobody ever told me that the drone can't be repaired. Matter of fact I was sent an email with damage assessment results and GIMBAL is the only thing that needed to be fixed and that's what I paid for.  

The situation was very stressful because when I asked the DJI representative to put away my drone I sent them (that was in the excellent condition and needed a minor repair) because I would want it back instead of the one they sent me, I was told that it will be impossible cause it's against their policy.

I'm waiting for the package they sent me that has a replaced aircraft with what as I assume a refurbished one because hundreds of people say the same thing. I'm very upset about using their repair services and sending such an expensive brand new product to the official company that I trusted cause they made me feel like I was scammed. My drone they replaced was functioning great, still had stickers on it, looked brand new cause I treat my equipment with much care, and was thinking about selling it in the near future. Now I don't even know what's coming my way.

Horrible customer service! A lot of misleading information and if it would be just me it wouldn't be a big deal but when I see hundreds of people talking about the same frustrating experience this is a big issue that the company isn't willing to fix or maybe they just don't give a damn about.

This is my first and last product from DJI, I will make sure to share my experience everywhere I can just so people know what they will have to face if they ever have any issues with their drone and yes, please always do a research and read reviews. My biggest mistake was to think that such a big official company will be professional and treat their customers with respect but it wasn't the case here.

I will update my review once the package arrives which I will make sure to film while unboxing, examining, and testing it.

2020-7-30
Use props
SH59
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4291 ft

United States

Just curious, if you haven't received the package from them yet, how would you be able to tell they didn't ship the case back too with the "replacement"?
2020-7-30
Use props
RMMEDIA
lvl.1
United States

SH59 Posted at 7-30 13:50
Just curious, if you haven't received the package from them yet, how would you be able to tell they didn't ship the case with the "replacement"?

It wasn't listed in the items that were shipped back to me. I had to call them and they had to place a request for them to ship it.  
2020-7-30
Use props
Jonatan.C.N
lvl.4
Flight distance : 170627 ft

Don't be so stressful. replacing the whole unit is how most of the electonic product companies works, you'll get an iphone replaced when you get it serviced.
I used their service before and the drone I received was pretty neat. nothing to worry.  
2020-7-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi RMMEDIA, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused. To guarantee repair quality and flight safety and shorten your wait time for service, we may replace the drone instead of repair. But please don't worry, the performance is assured. Please check when you receive the package, if there is any issue, please feel free to contact us at any time, we are here to help.
2020-7-30
Use props
djiuser_ZAr0g7JFXick
lvl.2
Flight distance : 811437 ft
Romania

Hi,
I've encountered some issues with the gimbal on my Mavic Mini (gimbal stucked), after two months since i bought it (i used it for only 4 or 5 flights, very very very cautiosly and carefully).  Have sent the drone back to store from i have purchased it (F64 Studio). They told me after 2 weeks that the drone is in Germany at DJI for repairs and i have to pay almost half the drone price for get it done (even i am in  the guarantee period and the drone was left at service with no scratch or other phisical damages/impact marks).
I declined to pay, so now, after more than a month the product was presented to the store service
(which by the way, released me a document that noted that the drone is in very good condition at sending to them) i have no drone back, no repairing, no refund, no warranty.
Very dissapointed and frustrated, never expected such an approach from a global wellknown company.
Anyone else in the same situation? What can i do further on?
Thanks

2020-8-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_ZAr0g7JFXick Posted at 8-4 06:05
Hi,
I've encountered some issues with the gimbal on my Mavic Mini (gimbal stucked), after two months since i bought it (i used it for only 4 or 5 flights, very very very cautiosly and carefully).  Have sent the drone back to store from i have purchased it (F64 Studio). They told me after 2 weeks that the drone is in Germany at DJI for repairs and i have to pay almost half the drone price for get it done (even i am in  the guarantee period and the drone was left at service with no scratch or other phisical damages/impact marks).
I declined to pay, so now, after more than a month the product was presented to the store service

Hi there, I had replied to your case on this post, please keep us updated.
2020-8-4
Use props
greenbean
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84783 ft
United States

How did you make out riginamirova ? I'm sure I'm going to be in for a wild ride....I have send out two of my GL300A controllers for firmware issues. Definitely not a "part" issue.
2020-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules