Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Intermittent ESC Errors
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MORVIK
lvl.1
Canada

On my Phantom 3 advanced I get intermittent ESC Errors.  Sometimes it  works fine and other times if I change a battery it wont work on a fresh  battery after just landing from a flight.  In 5 years it has never been  crashed or landed hard etc. Has all the updates that were available online.  Any help is appreciated, including an updated software version (v1.11.30) if that solves the problem.
Thanks.
Phantom 3 specs.jpg

2020-7-30
Use props
JetSam
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

welcome MORVIK ! Has the drone been too long without flying?
2020-7-30
Use props
JetSam
First Officer
Spain

Usually ESC Status Error means a Main Board failure

2020-7-30
Use props
JetSam
First Officer
Spain

2020-7-30
Use props
cheddar-man
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

The ESC's are the "Electronic Speed Controllers" for the four motors. It is quite possible that there is a dry (intermittent) joint one of the three leads that connects each motor to the ESC's.
The .DAT files, located on the internal storage device on the main board should be able to tell you which ESC has got the problem.
Read the manual as to how to access this storage device - it is NOT the small removable SD card that stThe access is by the Aircraft Micro USB port on the front of the AC - No 7 in the photo.

Screenshot 2020-07-31 at 09.06.41.jpg
2020-7-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi MORVIK, I had PMed you the link to the beta firmware that solves the ESC issue which is caused by the firmware update. You may try it out. If the issue persists, you may need to send the drone for service.
2020-7-31
Use props
MORVIK
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 7-31 01:40
Hi MORVIK, I had PMed you the link to the beta firmware that solves the ESC issue which is caused by the firmware update. You may try it out. If the issue persists, you may need to send the drone for service.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPuhdZ4l18Q&t=18s

Thank you, I will try that out and see if the problem is fixed.
2020-7-31
Use props
MORVIK
lvl.1
Canada

JetSam Posted at 7-30 21:47
welcome MORVIK ! Has the drone been too long without flying?

Not really, when it works everything is fine but sometimes all I get is the ESC error for whatever reason. I charged up the battery that worked yesterday and tried the motors and it spun up. Changed the other two batteries and the motors spun up. Tried it this morning and ESC errors again. Not sure.
2020-7-31
Use props
JetSam
First Officer
Spain

MORVIK Posted at 7-31 06:00
Not really, when it works everything is fine but sometimes all I get is the ESC error for whatever reason. I charged up the battery that worked yesterday and tried the motors and it spun up. Changed the other two batteries and the motors spun up. Tried it this morning and ESC errors again. Not sure.

Read the moderador advice
2020-7-31
Use props
MORVIK
lvl.1
Canada

cheddar-man Posted at 7-31 00:11
The ESC's are the "Electronic Speed Controllers" for the four motors. It is quite possible that there is a dry (intermittent) joint one of the three leads that connects each motor to the ESC's.
The .DAT files, located on the internal storage device on the main board should be able to tell you which ESC has got the problem.
Read the manual as to how to access this storage device - it is NOT the small removable SD card that stThe access is by the Aircraft Micro USB port on the front of the AC - No 7 in the photo.

Thanks for the info.  I would like to try the v.1.11.30 software to see if that corrects the problem first.
2020-7-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

MORVIK Posted at 7-31 05:57

You may keep us updated on the result.
2020-7-31
Use props
MORVIK
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 7-31 17:39
You may keep us updated on the result.

I  updated to the v.1.11.30 software and have flown a couple times now with no ESC errors. Hoping that fixed the starting problem. Thanks
2020-8-11
Use props
JetSam
First Officer
Spain

MORVIK Posted at 8-11 20:54
I  updated to the v.1.11.30 software and have flown a couple times now with no ESC errors. Hoping that fixed the starting problem. Thanks

Nice to hear it is solved , Enjoy and fly safe !
2020-8-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

MORVIK Posted at 8-11 20:54

Thank you for your update. Happy to hear that the issue is solved.
2020-8-12
Use props
brianeeberhardt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 99498 ft

United States

MORVIK Posted at 7-31 05:57

is it possible that you can send me that same beta firmware?
2020-8-20
Use props
brianeeberhardt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 99498 ft

United States

MORVIK Posted at 7-31 08:34
Thanks for the info.  I would like to try the v.1.11.30 software to see if that corrects the problem first.

where can i find this firmware version?
2020-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules