FC for DJI Air Unit
5843 38 2020-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HGLRC
lvl.1

China

Hello guys, are you looking for some new FCs? Try the new HGLRC Zeus F722 FC for FREE  All you need is to post a review about it!

This FC supports Betaflight, emuflight, and iNav (available soon). It is one of our most reliable FCs. After the price drop, it is currently only $26.99! about the same price as an F4 FC.

We have prepared thousands of these Zeus F722 FC.  Hope you guys enjoying testing them! Rules in the link below
https://www.hglrc.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/free-test-review-collection-of-hglgc-dji-zeus-f722
2020-7-30
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

interestin event - will try it and get a review with followup here and regional forums too
2020-8-1
Use props
Xviews
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229255 ft
Germany

Why not a giveaway, like in "fpv-racing-forum.de"?
That would be really cool
2020-8-1
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

I think that's DJI policy to not be connected with outside contest - it's way easier on private/fan only forums.
Anyway I did order those zeus F7's, will update here how it goes (shipping, test+review)

My xp with HGLRC is rather good - old XJB145 flys nice, had two their F428 stacks, one survived a year and still flying, other sadly FC got a accelero bug (they tend to die) so rest of FC works, but without gyro/acc chip signal it's useless :/ had to buy another FC and waiting for delivery ((

@HGLRC
it's nice that there is full size F7 + mini set - but You should think about other bundle: choose one size of F7 (big or mini) and as 2nd part of bundle get 4in1 esc in this set. that would let more ppl to faster review - as some will now have to order extra ESC's
2020-8-1
Use props
HGLRC
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Xviews Posted at 8-1 21:21
Why not a giveaway, like in "fpv-racing-forum.de"?
That would be really cool

It seems not so many people active here in this forum, but we will definitely considering a giveaway if more people are interested.
2020-8-2
Use props
HGLRC
lvl.1

Hong Kong

KREMi Posted at 8-1 23:03
I think that's DJI policy to not be connected with outside contest - it's way easier on private/fan only forums.
Anyway I did order those zeus F7's, will update here how it goes (shipping, test+review)

Thanks for your suggestions! The review is mainly about the F722 FC this time. But we have some new ESCs in the future will consider combine FC+ESC for review.

Thanks again for your support.  Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about the Zues F722 during testing.
2020-8-2
Use props
Xviews
Second Officer
Germany

I would definitely be interested in your product as I have no experience with hglrc.
But now spend $ 49.99 and then the refund will be rejected because the review is not good enough, unfortunately, currently keeps me from doing so.
2020-8-3
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

HGLRC Posted at 8-2 04:05
Thanks for your suggestions! The review is mainly about the F722 FC this time. But we have some new ESCs in the future will consider combine FC+ESC for review.

Thanks again for your support.  Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about the Zues F722 during testing.

I think point of review is to be honest - not just fill some marketing.  And there is no info, that they need to accept review as good or bad for HGLRC - hope it's just to confirm it's been really done, and not 1 screen/picture copy+paste.
they must be sure about quality and own product they decided to do it - as if not - RC is small community, if HGLRC tries to crawlback from own review action/refunds - they will get negative opinions and reviews in every forum of their future customers... IMO that would be end of this brand/manufacturer.

"How to get Zeus F722 bundle for review:
Step 1: Pay for the review bundle at this page (Please do not purchase the parts separately).
Step 2: Finish your review and share your content to a FPV related platform. Send your order number and the link of the review to the e-mail: hglrcfpv@gmail.com
Step 3: we will REFUND the fee of the products to you."

but can we get confirmation from HGLRC agent here? that You will accept real reviews and they will get refunded too?
2020-8-3
Use props
HGLRC
lvl.1

China

KREMi Posted at 8-3 11:27
I think point of review is to be honest - not just fill some marketing.  And there is no info, that they need to accept review as good or bad for HGLRC - hope it's just to confirm it's been really done, and not 1 screen/picture copy+paste.
they must be sure about quality and own product they decided to do it - as if not - RC is small community, if HGLRC tries to crawlback from own review action/refunds - they will get negative opinions and reviews in every forum of their future customers... IMO that would be end of this brand/manufacturer.

Yes, we accept real reviews of course, as long as you share the review. The goal is to let more people know about this FC. We have done lots of testing about it so we are confident about its quality. Good & bad reviews are both accepted.  Like you said if we refuse to refund, it does no good to us, FPV is a small community. All we need is to share your real reviews so more people can see it.
2020-8-3
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

my FCs are on way, let's see how long it takes to EU or are there any nasty suprises like tax, etc
1st I'll try mini version, as it would fit my <250g fleet better
2020-8-10
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 420646 ft
United Kingdom

the wire that im guessing is for connecting the GPS doesn't seem to be wired correctly, Ive checked the GPS module on another FC and it powers up but the diagram showing the wiring layout for the zeus f722 doesn't seem to be the same as the wire supplied? Looks like the 5v is going to the SDA the GND is going to the SCL the RX is going to the 5v and the TX is going to the ground pin
2020-8-10
Use props
HGLRC
lvl.1

China

Hello Bezik, have you try to connect the GPS to the F722? It should be alright with the right connector.
2020-8-10
Use props
HGLRC
lvl.1

China

KREMi Posted at 8-10 02:00
my FCs are on way, let's see how long it takes to EU  or are there any nasty suprises like tax, etc
1st I'll try mini version, as it would fit my

Great! Normally no tax or anything will be charged.  Shipping to EU normally takes 1-2 weeks depends on which country you live.Hope you can receive it soon.
2020-8-10
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
United Kingdom

HGLRC Posted at 8-10 16:56
Hello Bezik, have you try to connect the GPS to the F722? It should be alright with the right connector.

yes i tried connecting to the f722 with the supplied wire (shown in the photo above) but no power was getting to the GPS module, if you look at the wiring on the supplied wire it looks like it has been wired incorrectly

As you can see in the image below the wires are going to the wrong pins on the connector, the other end of the cable is a 4 pin connector that fits the GPS module

This is how the connector should be wired

diag.jpg
diag1.jpg
2020-8-10
Use props
HGLRC
lvl.1

China

Bezik Posted at 8-10 17:03
yes i tried connecting to the f722 with the supplied wire (shown in the photo above) but no power was getting to the GPS module, if you look at the wiring on the supplied wire it looks like it has been wired incorrectly

Hello Bezik, thanks for the reply. Just checked with the technician. The correct wiring should be made to RX2 TX2 GND  5V.   No need to wire SDA and SCL. Those 2 pads are for the compass. Could you try that please?
2020-8-10
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
United Kingdom

HGLRC Posted at 8-10 17:19
Hello Bezik, thanks for the reply. Just checked with the technician. The correct wiring should be made to RX2 TX2 GND  5V.   No need to wire SDA and SCL. Those 2 pads are for the compass. Could you try that please?

i didnt alter the connector, this was the cable supplied with the f722, as i said it has been wired by HGLRC incorrectly
this is how it should be wired

diag1.jpg
2020-8-10
Use props
HGLRC
lvl.1

China

Bezik Posted at 8-10 17:21
i didnt alter the connector, this was the cable supplied with the f722, as i said it has been wired by HGLRC incorrectly
this is how it should be wired

Hello Bezik, checked with the warehouse, they include the wrong cable sorry about that. Please connect the GPS the correct way you pointed. Sorry for any inconvenience.
2020-8-10
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

HGLRC Posted at 8-10 18:38
Hello Bezik, checked with the warehouse, they include the wrong cable sorry about that. Please connect the GPS the correct way you pointed. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Now that's rare, a vendor that admits mistake. I think I like my sector 132 more now. Now if I could only fly it hmmmm
2020-8-10
Use props
HGLRC
lvl.1

China

mixchief Posted at 8-10 20:43
Now that's rare, a vendor that admits mistake. I think I like my sector 132 more now. Now if I could only fly it hmmmm

Yes, it was our fault so thanks Bezik for pointing that out... If any issues are caused by us we will make sure they got fixed.  Glad to see a Sector132 owner here, is everything alright with the drone?
2020-8-11
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

mixchief Posted at 8-10 20:43
Now that's rare, a vendor that admits mistake. I think I like my sector 132 more now. Now if I could only fly it hmmmm

what You think of that sector 132?
I did consider it as next build (torn between sector/iFlight iH3 or light custom 4' frame), aim to still be under 250g with caddx vista and 3/4S setup.
sector IMHO got weak motors, compared to what it ESC can deliver- I think about some 1306+Avan props - 400-500g thrust
2020-8-11
Use props
Xviews
Second Officer
Germany

Dear F722 Reviewers,

We are sorry to let you know that some of the GPS cables included in the F722 review bundle are not correct.

We received a new batch of GPS cables recently. Unfortunately, the factory did not deliver the right cables as they did before. Therefore some of the new cables are sent together with the review bundle. As soon as the issue is noticed, we immediately altered the cables to make them right.

The GPS should be connected to the FC via 5V, GND, RX, TX instead of SDA, SCL, 5V, GND. Please refer to the following images for the correct connection.

This is what I call really good support
2020-8-11
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Just noticed they used my images I posted in this thread in the email they sent out, does this count as my review ;)

Fixed the plug/wire - if you gently lift the small plastic tabs on the underside of the plug you can slide the pins on the end of the wires out, I used a scalpel blade to get under them, then just push them back in the correct order and finally have a working GPS in betaflight

rewired.jpg
beta gps.jpg
2020-8-11
Use props
HGLRC
lvl.1

China

Bezik Posted at 8-11 07:26
Just noticed they used my images I posted in this thread in the email they sent out, does this count as my review ;)

Fixed the plug/wire - if you gently lift the small plastic tabs on the underside of the plug you can slide the pins on the end of the wires out, I used a scalpel blade to get under them, then just push them back in the correct order and finally have a working GPS in betaflight

It is one of the best reviews!
2020-8-11
Use props
HGLRC
lvl.1

China

KREMi Posted at 8-11 02:31
I did consider it as next build (torn between sector/iFlight iH3 or light custom 4' frame), aim to still be under 250g with caddx vista and 3/4S setup.
sector IMHO got weak motors, compared to what it ESC can deliver- I think about some 1306+Avan props - 400-500g thrust

Hey Kremi, you are right about the motors. That's why we have the Sector150 with more powerful motors. Slightly bigger than the Sector132 though.  But if you are going to carry a full GoPro, the Sector150 will do a great job. Link for: https://www.hglrc.com/apps/omega-search/?q=sector150sale
2020-8-11
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

HGLRC Posted at 8-11 18:22
Hey Kremi, you are right about the motors. That's why we have the Sector150 with more powerful motors. Slightly bigger than the Sector132 though.  But if you are going to carry a full GoPro, the Sector150 will do a great job. Link for: https://www.hglrc.com/apps/omega-search/?q=sector150sale

other then weight nice setup those motors are good power
sadly: HGLRC Sector150 HD FPV Racing Drone CADDX VISTA Version 4s
Net Weight:222.7g(Weight with receiver)
4s 650mah gets around 75-80g so RTF drone should be 170-175g max
2020-8-11
Use props
Fritz Wlan
lvl.2

Germany

@HGLRC: Does the gyro have its own power supply? Is a capacitor wired in the gyros power supply to smooth out current ripples?

The supplied wiring always has to be checked manually because color code and pining is often subject to change.
2020-8-12
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

KREMi Posted at 8-11 02:31

OK let me be perfectly honest with you, I am a very noob noob, If I told you what I think of it it would just make you laugh, because I have nothing to compare it to. I can't keep it in the air for more than a minute at a time because I have no clue what I'm doing yet. I bought it because it got very good reviews and it had the Air Unit, which I want so as not to need a GoPro. Motors are more than enough for me at this point, I don't know if you were ever as inept as I am with a kwad but I need some time before I can have a true opinion of any kwad, except maybe that they are a b%^c& to fly. LOL
2020-8-12
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
United Kingdom

mixchief Posted at 8-12 08:51
OK let me be perfectly honest with you, I am a very noob noob, If I told you what I think of it it would just make you laugh, because I have nothing to compare it to. I can't keep it in the air for more than a minute at a time because I have no clue what I'm doing yet. I bought it because it got very good reviews and it had the Air Unit, which I want so as not to need a GoPro. Motors are more than enough for me at this point, I don't know if you were ever as inept as I am with a kwad but I need some time before I can have a true opinion of any kwad, except maybe that they are a b%^c& to fly. LOL

have you done any practice in the quad simulators? I found velocidrone helped me gain the basic skills needed, i spent a few weeks on the sim before i ever flew the real thing and from day one i found it VERY similar to what id been practicing, the only difference was the fear of breaking the quad rather than pressing the reset button in the sim
2020-8-12
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

mixchief Posted at 8-12 08:51

don't say so - if a drone can be fly by a not experienced person = it's stable, well balanced, responsive it prove it's value
I agree, that today there are so nice sims, You can get a lot of practice from them and can skip buying some cheapish toy grade drone just to get basics Sims are not only about experience ;) I recently bought frsky USB stick, so I can have fun more @home with sims when there is no weather outside, or on a trip

if You fly drone straight away - try horizon/stabilised modes - they are a big help in learning phase

(request to DJI: let video in to googles with usb-C (why there is no hdmi-in??? why??? ) so we can have also @ home our googles in use with sims!  )
2020-8-12
Use props
Xviews
Second Officer
Germany

@HGLRC: Is the manual correction only in the review version? One tip, if the 5V Pads, labelled as 4v5, everybody knows that get Power over USB.

YEUS.png
2020-8-13
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

KREMi Posted at 8-12 23:36
don't say so - if a drone can be fly by a not experienced person = it's stable, well balanced, responsive  it prove it's value
I agree, that today there are so nice sims, You can get a lot of practice from them  and can skip buying some cheapish toy grade drone just to get basics  Sims are not only about experience ;) I recently bought frsky USB stick, so I can have fun more @home with sims when there is no weather outside, or on a trip

A agree goggles will help, but you can actually get them working with HDMI to a/v converter and then the conector adapter so you can plug into the goggle a/v in, good for practice on simulator, maybe not great, but works. I have to get Velocydrone  I got the DRL one but frankly not in love, seems velocydrone has better reviews
2020-8-13
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

I know it's possible, but there is no logic in it. Fail from manufacturer side IMO (it's workaround, not a decent solution)
We have a digital signal from pc/laptop, then we have to downgrade it in quality/resolution for analog signal (+add lag), and feed analog signal into digital googles... Fu.k logic ;)

also other way (aka live view) where FPV googles sends digital-out signal thru usb-c >> DJI Smart remote >> DJISR translate it to simple HDMI signal.
Pretty sure it can be done also in outside software (app/program on laptop) - so a phone/tablet with USB-C or laptop with USB-C can do it too. And it's ready - as let's be honest - Smart remote is based on android system, so it's just at will of DJI to relase is as standalone app outside SR.

@Xview
fully agree - mark pads which get Voltage from USB as 4,5V - it is a big help when we can power on receivers/small things without battery

2020-8-14
Use props
Xviews
Second Officer
Germany

It is in German in order to also reach German customers. If you like it, you can leave me a like.
2020-8-15
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

my FC are also delivered
I'll try to check them tomorrow and drop few photos

So initial feedback:
- nice set, 1st photo is what I did receive in package what was nice, that not only single items got own small bubble bags, but also whole package was a proper cardbox, and not only one simple post airbubblebag. (You know how post treats Your packages, almost play rugby with them ;) )
- both FC reported BF 4.2 from start, which is nice, v. often I got FC with older versions and 1st step is to go thru update not here
- there is a lot of soldering/manufacturing (flux?) leftovers on whole FC board, hope it won't be a problem later, when it will get mounted close to hot ESC/video link
- I do like biger solder pads on mini version, on full size there are some smaller pads, but bcse it's pretty nice full of uarts and other connections board
- all cables included are good quality silicon wires, no cheapo there
- so now I'm waiting for anothe frame delivery plan is to use that mini FC in another 3incher after it's done I will be able to share some more details about how this FC behave in new drone/ in air. also it will be one which I want to compare Betaflight with Emuflight. (nice, that You got emuflight hex on main site HGLRC)

- for miniFC, a little sad, that it won't support 2S - that might be interesting to have it on some 2S liion setups for long flights drones - can't have all
- Xviews did nice job showing on video which pads got power from USB on full size version, mini version only got power to receiver ports (3,3 and 5V), so marking them as 4.5 would be easier for future builders

hg2.jpg
hg1.jpg
hg3.jpg
hg2.jpg
2020-8-22
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

@HGLRC
is there a time limit for review, or when this action ends? I got some other pilots asking for it - but would like to confirm it from You earlier before they join
2020-8-25
Use props
HGLRC
lvl.1

China

KREMi Posted at 8-25 01:13
@HGLRC
is there a time limit for review, or when this action ends? I got some other pilots asking for it - but would like to confirm it from You earlier before they join

No time limit here, but it is better to get it done in a couple of months.
2020-8-25
Use props
Xviews
Second Officer
Germany

@KREMi
thx
2020-8-26
Use props
Jt3
lvl.1

Philippines

Can anyone tell me. Where and How to power directly the Zeus f722 fc. Without using a 4 in 1 esc. And what are the max voltage from battery?TIA
2021-12-8
Use props
Jt3
lvl.1

Philippines

Can anyone tell me. Where and How to power directly the Zeus f722 fc. Without using a 4 in 1 esc. And what are the max voltage from battery?TIA
2021-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules