Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Best color to track
139 9 7-31 00:10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nullx8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 170653 ft
Thailand

quick question, which colors are best to have active track working best ?

i'm planning on using/testing active track with some smaller objects, so i guess the colors need to be well "stand out"

7-31 00:10
Use props
DaMa
Captain
Flight distance : 519951 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Contrast is more important, I think. If the object stands out clearly from the background, then it fits.
7-31 00:19
Use props
nullx8
lvl.4
Thailand

i actually wanted to track the Mavic Mini
so i was thinking of dressing it up in somethings "high contrast"

as dust-gray most definitely not going to work ;)

7-31 01:20
Use props
nullx8
lvl.4
Thailand

well i maybe drop that idea, i just made a quick test, took off with the mini and then start the Mavic Pro .. the mini has serious connection issues .. i guess this is somethings to test on some nice soft grass
7-31 01:22
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 12810843 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That would be incredibly difficult to achieve
7-31 01:52
Use props
DaMa
Captain
Flight distance : 519951 ft
  • >>>
Germany

nullx8 Posted at 7-31 01:22
well i maybe drop that idea, i just made a quick test, took off with the mini and then start the Mavic Pro .. the mini has serious connection issues .. i guess this is somethings to test on some nice soft grass

I tried that with the Osmo Pocket and my MP Alpine White (Mavic in the air ) ... no chance. As long as you are close it works. A little further away ( 5 m) or bright background  and the Pocket loses the object. Maybe the MP is better than the Pocket ...
Will work better with my Mini
IMG_4847.JPG
7-31 02:27
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 12810843 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DaMa Posted at 7-31 02:27
I tried that with the Osmo Pocket and my MP Alpine White (Mavic in the air ) ... no chance. As long as you are close it works. A little further away ( 5 m) or bright background  and the Pocket loses the object. Maybe the MP is better than the Pocket ...
Will work better with my Mini

That would help
7-31 02:38
Use props
nullx8
lvl.4
Thailand

5 meters is good enough really, ill try that .. and update here once i crashed successfully haha
8-1 03:15
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 6793123 ft
  • >>>
United States

nullx8 Posted at 7-31 01:20
i actually wanted to track the Mavic Mini  
so i was thinking of dressing it up in somethings "high contrast"
You won't get good results tracking another drone with Activetrack.   It is too small.  Except at the slowest of speeds & mostly straight-line flying, you'd have to be so close to the lead bird that there would be little time for the chase drone to react & keep the leader in frame.  You'll need to do this with a joint Waypoint flight.  Or mount a Skydio Beacon to the lead drone & let a Skydio track the Beacon.

8-9 13:05
Use props
nullx8
lvl.4
Thailand

it worked pretty well actually, i put some Bee-color on it
2 black stripes and a yellow one like the example above, but just in a straight line.

and yes speed is not a thing here, this was actually just to test somethings anyway.
9-10 01:44
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules