Controller problems after installing firmware
838 10 2020-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stanko-ffm
lvl.1
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Hey guys,

I installed update for firmware on drone and controller, and I have BIG problems: in one moment controller was  completelly disconnected and drone flew by itself to the left side. It missed a tower by maybe half a meter. The connections came back after 7-8 seconds but it was very scary moving those joystics and watching how the drone just slipped away. Anyone having similar problems? And can I then downgrade firmware actually?

Regards

stanko
2020-8-1
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

Hi Stanko,

In the DJI Assistent 2 you can install the latest and the former firmware.

https://www.dji.com/be/downloads ... ant-dji-2-for-mavic

If you have installed the firmware using the Go4 App and a WiFi connection, try first reloading the firmware using the DJI Assistent 2 and a USB cable.
In the past I had to experience that the firmware, althou installed perfectly, had some problems. Now I always install it with the Assistent and a cable.

Also, relink your controller to your drone if you experience connection problems.
2020-8-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there stanko. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to refresh the firmware of your DJI Mavic 2 Pro, to see if the issue will still persist. You may try using the link provided by JohnDG on post #2 for you to be able to see the firmware of the said DJI drone. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-8-2
Use props
stanko-ffm
lvl.1
Bosnia and Herzegovina

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-2 22:35
Hello there stanko. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to refresh the firmware of your DJI Mavic 2 Pro, to see if the issue will still persist. You may try using the link provided by JohnDG on post #2 for you to be able to see the firmware of the said DJI drone. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Hi there,

Yes I followed instruction with refreshing firmware via dji assistant 2 and cable. I flew yesterday for hour and half and it was rocksteady stable. I think problem was updating via dji go and wireless - I am in Bosnia using croatian carrier and the 4g connection here is not so reliable.

Big thanks for help
2020-8-3
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

stanko-ffm Posted at 8-3 00:48
Hi there,

Yes I followed instruction with refreshing firmware via dji assistant 2 and cable. I flew yesterday for hour and half and it was rocksteady stable. I think problem was updating via dji go and wireless - I am in Bosnia using croatian carrier and the 4g connection here is not so reliable.

Stanko,

I had the same experience using a good cable internet carrier and a very steady WiFi. For some reason, updating using an wireless signal doesn't seem resulting very well.
I must be honest, had the same kind of problems when updating my Pioneer internet radio. After connecting the device with a cable, the firmware installed perfectly.
Updating firmware is a critical handling and should be done on a very stable connection. If a firmware fails, no matter what device, no matter what brand, the device possibily can be bricked. Firmware is not just a software upgrade, it is the core software of your device.

I'm glad your system is stable now.
2020-8-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

stanko-ffm Posted at 8-3 00:48
Hi there,

Hi there stanko-ffm. You are very much  welcome and thank for the additional information you have provided. If you have any other concerns or inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you.
2020-8-4
Use props
djiuser_OXbcYw0RBHt0
lvl.1

Switzerland

Hi there

same issue about 2 weeks ago. My drone was super stable until I updated drone and controller.
From then on I kept losing the ability to control the drone.....it crashed backwards into the ocean.
I was able to find it, but was totally wrecked by salt water.

It is clearly the new firmware and DJI just offered me to have the unit exchanged for 947 $ due to the fact that their firmware ist faulty...and I lost 1250 $ in the ocean because of them.

Also the battery drained so much energy on that 5 minute flight...( started with 90 % ) that I ended up with 9 % left when it crashed after 5 minutes....

The last firmware messed everything up....and don`t have the balls to admit it...
instead they`re sending you 1000 $ bills.

Super disappopinted by DJIs behaviour...and obviously I`m not the only one having problems..

2020-8-13
Use props
djiuser_OXbcYw0RBHt0
lvl.1

Switzerland

Hi there  same issue about 2 weeks ago. My drone was super stable until I updated drone and controller. From then on I kept losing the ability to control the drone.....it crashed backwards into the ocean. I was able to find it, but was totally wrecked by salt water.  It is clearly the new firmware and DJI just offered me to have the unit exchanged for 947 $ due to the fact that their firmware ist faulty...and I lost 1250 $ in the ocean because of them.  Also the battery drained so much energy on that 5 minute flight...( started with 90 % ) that I ended up with 9 % left when it crashed after 5 minutes....  The last firmware messed everything up....and don`t have the balls to admit it... instead they`re sending you 1000 $ bills.  Super disappopinted by DJIs behaviour...and obviously I`m not the only one having problems..
2020-8-13
Use props
xagoras
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1357589 ft
Greece

djiuser_OXbcYw0RBHt0 Posted at 8-13 10:56
Hi there  same issue about 2 weeks ago. My drone was super stable until I updated drone and controller. From then on I kept losing the ability to control the drone.....it crashed backwards into the ocean. I was able to find it, but was totally wrecked by salt water.  It is clearly the new firmware and DJI just offered me to have the unit exchanged for 947 $ due to the fact that their firmware ist faulty...and I lost 1250 $ in the ocean because of them.  Also the battery drained so much energy on that 5 minute flight...( started with 90 % ) that I ended up with 9 % left when it crashed after 5 minutes....  The last firmware messed everything up....and don`t have the balls to admit it... instead they`re sending you 1000 $ bills.  Super disappopinted by DJIs behaviour...and obviously I`m not the only one having problems..

Sorry for your less buddy. I've been there and I know it's really frustrating.

Can you upload the log from that flight so that guys here can have a look?
2020-8-13
Use props
djiuser_OXbcYw0RBHt0
lvl.1

Switzerland

xagoras Posted at 8-13 13:38
Sorry for your less buddy. I've been there and I know it's really frustrating.

Can you upload the log from that flight so that guys here can have a look?

I`m new to this...so maybe you can guide me a little on how to get the logs ?

I synchronized everything into their cloud before sending the unit and controller to DJI.
So not sure where to get the logs from ? Thx for a hint.

Cheers
2020-8-13
Use props
xagoras
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1357589 ft
Greece

You'll find them in your mobile device or tablet you use. They should have .dat extension.

Check this link --> http://www.datfile.net/DatCon/retrieveV3DatfromTablet.html
2020-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules