Registering stick input
1420 7 2020-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nullx8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 383635 ft
Thailand

i noticed since a while that my Mini does strongly drift to the left once i fly a bit "faster"

in certain situations this can be scary and even dangerous, i made a few tests and the flight log actually registers that I pan to the left.

my question is follows: does the flight recording records the physical input on the controller or what the drone receives as a command ?
the flight log clearly shows that I trigger fully forward and hard left, but I am 99.99% sure that I didn't, I made serval tests being extremely sensitive on the sticks.

if the flight log records the physical input, it's probably a controller issue, but if it records what the drone interpreting, it's maybe something else, that's why I am asking.

here is a screenshot of the reply, it clearly shows Full forward and full left.
on the track you can see where it sheers to the left as well...

Screen Shot 2563-08-01 at 18.13.05.png

P.S. calibration of all sensors done, controller calibration done, and reflashed as well.
2020-8-1
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

The answer is YES... you should post the flight log. The ss isn't very clear, if it's the big gap of the transverse path or the one on the arrow which seems precise enough for the amount of passes.
2020-8-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there nullx8. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared with us. Yes, the flight recording records the physical input on the controller. You may also try to calibrate the remote controller of your DJI Mavic Mini to see it the said matter will still persist. For reference I will post an official DJI tutorial video on how to calibrate DJI Mavic Remote Controller. Thank you.

2020-8-2
Use props
nullx8
lvl.3
Thailand

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-2 22:40
Hello there nullx8. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared with us. Yes, the flight recording records the physical input on the controller. You may also try to calibrate the remote controller of your DJI Mavic Mini to see it the said matter will still persist. For reference I will post an official DJI tutorial video on how to calibrate DJI Mavic Remote Controller. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psFeOF1lBsI

like i wrote .. the calibration was done plus all sensors calibrated.
2020-8-2
Use props
nullx8
lvl.3
Thailand

m80116 Posted at 8-1 06:14
The answer is YES... you should post the flight log. The ss isn't very clear, if it's the big gap of the transverse path or the one on the arrow which seems precise enough for the amount of passes.

here is the flight log.. it clearly shows that pan left is triggered serval times, i made sure not to do this myself (only when i returned the drone i did it but while fly)

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/H2ACEVIXDD31DK2OYARG(this one is a new log i created just minutes ago ,, fly out full forward and back just to trigger this)

here is the flight log corresponding to the screenshot i posted first
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/F5C0BZKMAH6QAO4DVET4/
2020-8-2
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Going by the animation I see the only time the mini moves sideways you have commanded it.
When you did the controller's stick calibration did the indicated stick movements reflect the actual stick movements that you made?
2020-8-3
Use props
nullx8
lvl.3
Thailand

i made some more tests and it turns out the controller has a problem
check this video

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attac ... 74624_736_video.MOV
it clearly reacts to the left "some times" i purposely use the stick from the left to avoid accidentally pushing it to the left

2020-8-3
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Now we see what you mean... your log files clearly record all the moves that were received so your Mavic Mini, the aircraft isn't faulty.

What is faulty from your video appears to be the Remote Control Right Stick HAL sensor, briefly triggering 100% stick left from time to time. This is a problem you have to send to DJI warranty for examination.

I don't believe it's a calibration issue... your RC unit has a problem.
2020-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules