thanks Depp.
2020-8-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Theres a few model red arrow jets that fly there, complete with jet engines.
2020-8-2
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 8-2 00:46
Theres a few model red arrow jets that fly there, complete with jet engines.

If you haven't already join FPV UK - costs £19.99 for the year and you'll get £5,000,000 of third party public liability insurance to fly drones anywhere in Europe (as a British citizen) in line with the local drone laws for recreational flight. Such insurance is not mandatory to fly drones as I'm sure you know but model aircraft fields do require that all UAV pilots have it. There are a couple of open, public ones near me (free to use) and the signs state the need to have that insurance cert on demand.

Fields like that are great places to test fly drones you've just bought or have done recent firmware updates on knowing it is totally legal and safe to fly there. The kind of places you can happily burn several batteries without moving on or looking over your shoulder - though they do get boring as obviosuly the same scenery and model aircraft pilots tend not to like drones too much - they are an odd bunch IMO but cool to visit now and again.  
2020-8-2
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-2 00:45
thanks for the tip Woe.

No problem
2020-8-2
Use props
ckat007
First Officer
Flight distance : 887024 ft
Finland

Nice shot! You can try....
2020-8-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 8-2 01:10
If you haven't already join FPV UK - costs £19.99 for the year and you'll get £5,000,000 of third party public liability insurance to fly drones anywhere in Europe in line with the local drone laws for recreational flight. Such insurance is not presently mandatory to fly drones as I'm sure you know but model aircraft fields do require that all UAV pilots have it. There are a couple of open, public ones near me and the signs state the need to have that insurance cert on demand.

Fields like that are great places to test fly drones you've just bought or have done recent firmware updates on knowing it is totally legal and safe to fly there. The kind of places you can happily burn several batteries without moving on or looking over your shoulder - though they do get boring as obviosuly the same scenery and model aircraft pilots tend not to like drones too much - they are an odd bunch but cool to visit now and again.

Pointing you in that direction made me check my membership with FPV and realised it ran out yesterday... So just renewed! Fate!
2020-8-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ckat007 Posted at 8-2 06:45
Nice shot! You can try....

thanks ckat007.  
2020-8-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you haven't already join FPV UK - costs £19.99 for the year and you'll get £5,000,000 of third party public liability insurance to fly drones anywhere in Europe (as a British citizen) in line with the local drone laws for recreational flight. Such insurance is not mandatory to fly drones as I'm sure you know but model aircraft fields do require that all UAV pilots have it. There are a couple of open, public ones near me (free to use) and the signs state the need to have that insurance cert on demand.

Fields like that are great places to test fly drones you've just bought or have done recent firmware updates on knowing it is totally legal and safe to fly there. The kind of places you can happily burn several batteries without moving on or looking over your shoulder - though they do get boring as obviosuly the same scenery and model aircraft pilots tend not to like drones too much - they are an odd bunch IMO but cool to visit now and again.

thanks for the tip.  
2020-8-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 8-2 09:10
Pointing you in that direction made me check my membership with FPV and realised it ran out yesterday... So just renewed! Fate!

Pleased to be of service.  
2020-8-3
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 8-3 02:19
thanks for the tip.

You're welcome
2020-8-3
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 8-3 02:20
Pleased to be of service.

2020-8-3
Use props
ckat007
First Officer
Flight distance : 887024 ft
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 8-3 02:18
thanks ckat007.

You're welcome
2020-8-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

If you haven't already join FPV UK - costs £19.99 for the year and you'll get £5,000,000 of third party public liability insurance to fly drones anywhere in Europe (as a British citizen) in line with the local drone laws for recreational flight. Such insurance is not mandatory to fly drones as I'm sure you know but model aircraft fields do require that all UAV pilots have it. There are a couple of open, public ones near me (free to use) and the signs state the need to have that insurance cert on demand.

Fields like that are great places to test fly drones you've just bought or have done recent firmware updates on knowing it is totally legal and safe to fly there. The kind of places you can happily burn several batteries without moving on or looking over your shoulder - though they do get boring as obviosuly the same scenery and model aircraft pilots tend not to like drones too much - they are an odd bunch IMO but cool to visit now and again.

Now that's a bargain. Twenty quid for public liability to 5 mil.  My Protection Juridique here costs 75 euros a year and is not specifically for drone use. It covers all third-party liability (except auto) though.
2020-8-14
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 8-14 16:09
Now that's a bargain. Twenty quid for public liability to 5 mil.  My Protection Juridique here costs 75 euros a year and is not specifically for drone use. It covers all third-party liability (except auto) though.
That’s still not a bad premium mate if it covers all liability risk outside a car.

The FPV covers use with RC vehicles and specifies drone use. The FPV are also officially recognised by the CAA as a national club. I’ve never been asked to show the cert or had to make a claim but it’s great peace of mind. I’ve also never had to show my operator or flyer ID’s but you can bet your bottom dollar I would if they lapse  
2020-8-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

The drone could land there for sure!
2020-9-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 9-24 00:24
The drone could land there for sure!

Except the club doesn't like drones very much,  they are ok with FPV though.
2020-9-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 9-24 01:08
Except the club doesn't like drones very much,  they are ok with FPV though.

What is the difference? (for them I mean)
2020-9-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 9-24 01:09
What is the difference? (for them I mean)

Here we would call them snobs.
2020-9-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 9-24 01:27
Here we would call them snobs.

We have that term too.
Makes sense for me.