While away bordom with the Osmo Pocket.
1224 11 2020-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

I don't know how many of you are fed up with local lockdown restrictions in the UK where we can go out but there are not many places to actually go, so end up doing odd mad projects with your Osmo Pocket.

This is my latest video using my Osmo Pocket with the help of an editing program.

It's not long but completely mad driven by boredom.

2020-8-1
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cool vid - thanks for sharing
2020-8-1
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cool footage.
2020-8-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Ray-CubeAce. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this interesting video you have created. Beautiful editing and it is great to see you once again. .
2020-8-2
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-2 23:03
Hello there Ray-CubeAce. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this interesting video you have created. Beautiful editing and it is great to see you once again.  .

Hi Stephen.

Thank you.
It is difficult for me at present to film what I normally film due to the current lock-down restrictions in the UK as there are no 'event's to film at present or for the foreseeable future.
So instead I challenged myself to a project that would show that it is possible to use the Osmo Pocket and overcome some of the problems other users report having. Namely the 'pulsing' of the focus on the Osmo pocket which would have ruined this particular project if it had occurred. By putting the Osmo Pocket into a fully manual mode and using the single focus option along with locking off the exposure and white balance I avoided those problems of changing exposure and focus pulsing that would have showed up at the crossover point of the two halves of the video. To show the problems of relying on automatic modes for this type of work I have produced an explanation video using only automatic settings that you can see below. I hope this will help others to understand the importance of some planning when taking video in some situations. These are problems not limited to the Osmo Pocket but to a lot of video cameras. As good as the Osmo Pocket is it is only as good as the person in charge of the camera.

Ray.

Showing the problems of shooting this type of video.

2020-8-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good job Ray, at least you weren’t in lockdown on your own ;+)
2020-8-6
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 8-6 14:31
Good job Ray, at least you weren’t in lockdown on your own ;+)

I'm in two minds as to what you mean but thank you!
2020-8-6
Use props
Robb OConnor
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Very nice very imaginative and yes it does show how good the osmo can be when used with a bit of planning,
2020-8-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It certainly leeds to creativity!
2020-9-24
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Robb OConnor Posted at 8-7 00:12
Very nice very imaginative and yes it does show how good the osmo can be when used with a bit of planning,

Thank you.
I'm normally the last one to plan what I shoot but if anyone has the time to do so it is worth the effort.
Ray.
2020-9-24
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 9-24 00:53
It certainly leeds to creativity!

Boredom or the Osmo Pocket?  
I get to go out and video this weekend. Yippee!
Praying for no rain
2020-9-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 9-24 07:39
Boredom or the Osmo Pocket?  
I get to go out and video this weekend. Yippee!
Praying for no rain

Gehgheghe.
Both I guess.
Have fun!
2020-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules