RTH fail and drone lost
504 8 2020-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
danhazard
lvl.1
United States

I have ZERO idea what happened. I had 19 satellites connected and was only 2 min + into a flight. Only 2000 ft from where I launched. Floating above a lighthouse when i initiated the "circle a point" program. It did not even complete half a circle of the initiation when "loss of signal" occured. The drone did NOT return to home. The battery was full. I have uploaded the flight data, Does anyone have a clue what may have happened here?

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/E19RBUHD9C2HAJ13V9PV
2020-8-1
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

The actual .dat file logs off the mobile device might be more useful to supply
2020-8-1
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Were you able to get out to the lighthouse?  If it fell straight down it might be on the roof or part of the property.

The last 5 line entries with NO stick input, yet the AC is listing more and more.......it may have been hit by a bird, and at 2000+ ft you would not see it happen.

Randy
2020-8-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It did not even complete half a circle of the initiation when "loss of signal" occured. The drone did NOT return to home. The battery was full. I have uploaded the flight data, Does anyone have a clue what may have happened here?
It looks like the lighthouse (and a very interesting one it is) is probably less than 50 ft tall so there's no chance that you lost signal by flying behind it as the drone was well above the level of the light house.
The suggestion of hitting a bird is not correct.
At the end of the data, the drone is in smooth, steady flight with none of the usual indications of hitting anything.
The pitch angle (it's not listing) was simply the drone dealing with the gusty wind conditions and doesn't indicate anything related to the loss of the drone.

Having the data just end like that usually indicates there was a sudden total loss of power due to something like a random hardware failure or a swollen battery popping out.
2020-8-1
Use props
danhazard
lvl.1
United States

rwynant V1 Posted at 8-1 21:21
Were you able to get out to the lighthouse?  If it fell straight down it might be on the roof or part of the property.

The last 5 line entries with NO stick input, yet the AC is listing more and more.......it may have been hit by a bird, and at 2000+ ft you would not see it happen.

The interesting part is that this morning there happens to be a lighthouse tour, and I got the last ticket. Definitely the $20 to see if the drone may have fell on the roof or part of the property.

I am assuming DJI takes zero responsibility for anything like this?
2020-8-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

danhazard Posted at 8-2 04:06
The interesting part is that this morning there happens to be a lighthouse tour, and I got the last ticket. Definitely the $20 to see if the drone may have fell on the roof or part of the property.

Not unless you can prove that the cause was a DJI issue.
Without the drone, that's not going to be easy.
2020-8-2
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

DJI arent going to take responsibility unless it can be shown its their fault.
As i said above, the .DAT logs from the mobile device are needed as they give far more diagnostic data than the flight log itself.
2020-8-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there danhazard. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Since this unfortunate event happened I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance.  We have a professional team that will do there best to check what happened to the said drone and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Again I am sorry for the trouble and please stay safe always.
2020-8-2
Use props
danhazard
lvl.1
United States

gnirtS Posted at 8-2 15:34
DJI arent going to take responsibility unless it can be shown its their fault.
As i said above, the .DAT logs from the mobile device are needed as they give far more diagnostic data than the flight log itself.

Where can I upload the .dat files? phantomhelp does not allow that.

I uploaded here: https://app.airdata.com/flight/last but flights not loading?

2020-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules