Mavic Air 2 MAJOR ISSUES
4096 28 2020-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ggatos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10886 ft
Greece

Hello yesterday i purchased my ma2 and i followed all the steps, including the ones you dont include (regarding batteries geeting out of hybernate only from single charger).I charged all my batteries and when i activated aircraft to get it to fly first time i was prompted to update battery's firmware which was successful but when i finished my flight and plugged the other battery then update failed. i start experiencing problems with the first and updated battery also. i will post all screenshots. all the time i was loosing signal and it was auto returning home luckily. after i tried to install the update of the last one (from combo pack) which also failed to update and it was stuck into updating mode and i couldnt deactivate it with no method. so i unplugged it from drone and it is still open. i download dji assistant 2 and when i plug the drone to pc it is all the time connecting and disconnectinf making update or downgrade impossible. drone also is update to latest firmware so as the app. also the drone is experiencing connection to the rc issues and cannot connect. please help me i am desperate and in greece were i live i received the drone after 2 months of waiting. please find attached all photos.

***UPDATE***
Today i tried to fly again my ma2. I drained the malfunctioning battery by using it as a power bank and then i charged it again. when fully charged had agaon 2 leds on, so i put it on drone and activated and also update poped up. i did the update all ok. the i flew the drone and after 6 minuted approximatelly lost signal the screen went black and returned back home. it was showing imu initialization, and i did one. the again tried to fly and once more lost signal. i changed battery and the same thing again. all the time before flight i am doing imu calibration and compass just for sure. after a while poped up a message downward vision sensor error please contact DJI support for assistance. i hovered it and i put my hand underneath the drone and it gained altitude which indicates that the sensor was working. After that i've noticed that sd card is not recognized and i had no capacity nevertheles the sd was installed in the drone also the internal storage was showing 0 capacity. 7/10 times drone cannot be paired with controller and i am forced to restart and restart and restart the drone and the rc and the smartphone.
also even when rth when lost transmission even when i am next to the drone the signal is not comming back.

Anyway i cant fly the drone, all the time the signal is been lost causing RTH and my stress level is rising up to 500%. I dont know what is going on but i am not going to buy dji aftercare. it pops up all the time and says between 2 days after activatingthe product to purchase it. i am posting these just to be covered for any misunderstandings.
i upload also the newest photos
I flew the drone in different areas and in very good conditions. i tried to minize interferences from other waves and also i flew it on an old rc plane park.
all of these have also been recorded through my iphone's screen video capture, if you need evidence.

IMG_3106.PNG
IMG_3121.PNG
IMG_3125.PNG
IMG_3126.PNG
IMG_3127.PNG
IMG_3131.JPG
1.jpg
2.jpg
IMG_3158.PNG
IMG_3160.PNG
IMG_3161.PNG
IMG_3162.PNG
2020-8-1
Use props
George210477
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

1. Did you updated the MA2 First?
2. Try forcing battery to stay awake in MA2 until is drained, than charge it sepparately at charger. Than try to insert it and update, but only after updating MA2 firmware. Before update, make a reset of MA2 indicators to Default. No sd card needed, remove it.
Good luck
2020-8-1
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D556%26typeid%3D556
2020-8-1
Use props
Ggatos
lvl.1
Greece

George210477 Posted at 8-1 22:58
1. Did you updated the MA2 First?
2. Try forcing battery to stay awake in MA2 until is drained, than charge it sepparately at charger. Than try to insert it and update, but only after updating MA2 firmware. Before update, make a reset of MA2 indicators to Default. No sd card needed, remove it.
Good luck

i did everything
2020-8-2
Use props
Ggatos
lvl.1
Greece

A J Posted at 8-1 23:36
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=214934&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D556%26typeid%3D556

this is not the issue
2020-8-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ggatos Posted at 8-2 00:22
this is not the issue

So the battery is OK now?
2020-8-2
Use props
Ggatos
lvl.1
Greece

A J Posted at 8-2 00:23
So the battery is OK now?

The battery was ok from the beggining about the hybernation mode. ive never had it hybernated because i charged them with single adaptor. the problem was updating the extra batteries and one of them got stuck whoch i finally fixed it by draining and recharging. no the problem is that the drone itself is malfunctioning and pops up errors and loosing transmission signal all the time even when i am 20 cm from it.
2020-8-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ggatos Posted at 8-2 00:27
The battery was ok from the beggining about the hybernation mode. ive never had it hybernated because i charged them with single adaptor. the problem was updating the extra batteries and one of them got stuck whoch i finally fixed it by draining and recharging. no the problem is that the drone itself is malfunctioning and pops up errors and loosing transmission signal all the time even when i am 20 cm from it.

I see - sounds like a defective unit that needs to be replaced under warranty  
2020-8-2
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Totally sounds like a warranty issue.
2020-8-2
Use props
Ggatos
lvl.1
Greece

Northwood Posted at 8-2 11:31
Totally sounds like a warranty issue.

No official reply so far...
2020-8-2
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ggatos Posted at 8-2 00:27
The battery was ok from the beggining about the hybernation mode. ive never had it hybernated because i charged them with single adaptor. the problem was updating the extra batteries and one of them got stuck whoch i finally fixed it by draining and recharging. no the problem is that the drone itself is malfunctioning and pops up errors and loosing transmission signal all the time even when i am 20 cm from it.

That does not look right. I would return it to DJI and get a replacement.
2020-8-2
Use props
Ggatos
lvl.1
Greece

dronespilot Posted at 8-2 12:59
That does not look right. I would return it to DJI and get a replacement.

I am going to return it back to the store where I bought it from because we don’t have official DJI store. But I am afraid to take a new one. I think it’s going to have the same problem because maybe the batch they received has problems. Please tell me, do you experience these problems or any kind of them?
2020-8-2
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ggatos Posted at 8-2 13:38
I am going to return it back to the store where I bought it from because we don’t have official DJI store. But I am afraid to take a new one. I think it’s going to have the same problem because maybe the batch they received has problems. Please tell me, do you experience these problems or any kind of them?

None! I have never had any issues that you mentioned here. I know you have tried DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, but I would run it again and see if you can refresh the firmware.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic

2020-8-2
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

No problems of any kind with mine.....so far.
2020-8-2
Use props
Ggatos
lvl.1
Greece

dronespilot Posted at 8-2 14:28
None! I have never had any issues that you mentioned here. I know you have tried DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, but I would run it again and see if you can refresh the firmware.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic

When I plug the drone into the usb of the pc and the mac, seems like connecting and disconnecting all the time. I hear the sound and the pop up messages and after that disconnecting and connecting again. In the assistant shows the mavic air 2 icon and by the time I press the icon the drone has been disconnected and connected again making the assistant re calculating and trying to find devices.
2020-8-2
Use props
djiuser_GnsPdotjYI2W
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2149511 ft
Philippines

Take it back under warranty. Those red dot errors should not be there. Also, the fact that your internal storage is 0MB instead of ~8GB is a serious problem. Possibly a connector on the main board is off. With so many errors it could be water damage as well.

I just bought an MA2 a month ago and had none of those problems. I did charge each battery to full on the single charger before turning on the drone. Installed a firmware update before flying. Had to update the firmware on each battery using Assistant, although DJI Fly did not stop me from flying with the batteries which were not updated. So far I have not had to reinitialize compass or IMU. I have been pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to fly the MA2.

The "lighting environment too dark" is normal when flying when the sun goes down. "Weak image transmission signal" is normal when the drone is far or blocked by a building or hill.
2020-8-2
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It sounds like the FW on the Drone itself was corrupted when the battery update failed. Did you remove the battery from the drone while it was still trying to update?
2020-8-3
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

Ggatos Posted at 8-2 12:48
No official reply so far...

You say "No official reply yet" - do you mean to your post or have you contacted DJI directly?  This forum is for discussions, not raising warranty claims
2020-8-3
Use props
Ggatos
lvl.1
Greece

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 8-3 00:54
You say "No official reply yet" - do you mean to your post or have you contacted DJI directly?  This forum is for discussions, not raising warranty claims

i have already send message to customer support. but no reply. i can read and understand that this is a a discussions forum thats why i post all the data that i have collected in order other customers to be aware.
2020-8-3
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

Ggatos Posted at 8-3 01:05
i have already send message to customer support. but no reply. i can read and understand that this is a a discussions forum thats why i post all the data that i have collected in order other customers to be aware.

That's really appreciated
2020-8-3
Use props
kristenpaquette
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2831 ft
United States

I purchased my Mavic Air 2 about a month ago from BestBuy and I had that error until I updated my MA2 firmware and battery... then the errors went totally away.
Sounds like a defective unit. I'd definitely chat with support on this!
2020-8-3
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ggatos Posted at 8-2 22:04
When I plug the drone into the usb of the pc and the mac, seems like connecting and disconnecting all the time. I hear the sound and the pop up messages and after that disconnecting and connecting again. In the assistant shows the mavic air 2 icon and by the time I press the icon the drone has been disconnected and connected again making the assistant re calculating and trying to find devices.

There must be an issue with this drone and I would return it.

Also, you can post your thread here https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... peid&typeid=613

it's more likely you will receive a response from DJI representatives on the forum.  
2020-8-3
Use props
Cauffy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36752 ft
United Kingdom

you are having far to many issues with the unit, return it for another. Return the whole package and nothing less.... My MA2 has been perfect out of the box since i got it. Once you get a new unit your confidence will soon come back when its zooming around the sky...
2020-8-3
Use props
Cauffy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36752 ft
United Kingdom

oh and another bit of advice from many years of owning DJI drones, dont wait for a Representative to contact you if you can take it back to a shop that is where you bought it from. DJI customer service is generally poor and all you will get from this post is a DJI mod saying sorry you are having issues please raise a ticket and thats it...

take control and return it yourself, trust me its far less painful and sorted a lot quicker...good luck. The MA2 is an amazing drone and i have had a few of them, i just with i could use my smart controller....lol
2020-8-3
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Thankfully, no issues here at all.  I suspect in their rush to fulfill orders, the quality control may have been more lax than perhaps it should have been.  I hope you get it resolved.  Thanks for sharing your experience.
2020-8-4
Use props
Spazoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3148419 ft
  • >>>
United States

Something does't seem right.
2020-8-4
Use props
robertmanningjr
lvl.2
United States

I just received my Mavic Air 2 warranty replacement last week.  It was a three week process to get it to DJI and returned to me so be prepared to wait.  I did not have the same issue, but a well-known Mavic Air 1 issue where the fan stopped working causing an overheating problem.  I had the drone for a week before it began malfunctioning and then wouldn't fly at all.  Contact DJI, put in a warranty claim and sit back and wait.

Unfortunately I was using my for a documentary so I had to buy another Mavic Air 2 because I needed an immediate replacement.  Sold the replacement.  DJI sent me a new replacement so I just sold it.  You may have to do the same if you need it for work.  The second Mavic Air 2 I bought has had zero problems.

It's good to hear that others haven't had problems.  My other DJI drone has never given me problems after years of use.
2020-8-4
Use props
Ggatos
lvl.1
Greece

robertmanningjr Posted at 8-4 12:34
I just received my Mavic Air 2 warranty replacement last week.  It was a three week process to get it to DJI and returned to me so be prepared to wait.  I did not have the same issue, but a well-known Mavic Air 1 issue where the fan stopped working causing an overheating problem.  I had the drone for a week before it began malfunctioning and then wouldn't fly at all.  Contact DJI, put in a warranty claim and sit back and wait.

Unfortunately I was using my for a documentary so I had to buy another Mavic Air 2 because I needed an immediate replacement.  Sold the replacement.  DJI sent me a new replacement so I just sold it.  You may have to do the same if you need it for work.  The second Mavic Air 2 I bought has had zero problems.

I have already returned the drone back to the shop where I bought it and took my money back. Now I will go to official DJI store in Greece to buy a brand new.
2020-8-4
Use props
robertmanningjr
lvl.2
United States

Ggatos Posted at 8-4 15:21
I have already returned the drone back to the shop where I bought it and took my money back. Now I will go to official DJI store in Greece to buy a brand new.

Any update?  Hopefully no news is good news.
2020-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules