Good sd card for 4k60 and 1080p240
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sparkflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194619 ft

United States

I am trying to find a good micro sd card to shoot 4k60 and 1080p240. I know that they both suck up a ton of space. The big thing though is that they have a higher bit rate and need a high speed sd card. I was looking at the Sandisk Extreme pro micro sd. That is the fanciest they have. The minimum write speed for that baby is 90 mb/s and the minimum read speed is 170 mb/s. I really like Western Digital/Sandisk. I think they make good products. Do you think that kind of wrote and read speed is good enough for 4k60 and 1080p240? If not, what is a better sd card to buy? Thank you.
2020-8-1
Use props
Cavu Films
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

That would be a wise choice. I have a few and they have never let me down.
2020-8-1
Use props
Sparkflier
lvl.4

United States

Cavu Films Posted at 8-1 19:28
That would be a wise choice. I have a few and they have never let me down.

Cool. Thanks. Definitely worth the 25 dollars from Amazon. Here is something weird. Gopro sells a Sandisk extreme pro 64 gb micro sd card for 50 dollars on their website. Amazon sells the exact same thing in new perfect condition for half that price. When purchasing things for a product that are not owned by the product’s company, it is best to not buy it off of their website. They are always going to give horrible deals. Amazon gives great deals. I even use Amazon Smile and part of my purchase goes to charity.
2020-8-2
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I use the sandisk extreme pro 128gb - works a treat
2020-8-8
Use props
Sparkflier
lvl.4

United States

I just got a Lexar 1800x. Amazon sd cards are a no no. They could be fake. I got the Lexar 1800x from Adorama. Expensive but worth it. 110 mb/s write speed so good for high bitrates.
2020-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules