Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Mini won't turn on
18956 35 2020-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kk95
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68766 ft
Portugal

Hi,

After a few days without turn on the drone, randomly it now won't turn on. It turns on the light when charging but it does not react when the power button is pressed (sometimes it does turn all 4 leds but does not turn on). Any help?

Regards,
Luís
2020-8-1
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Luís,

Be sure you are turning on the Mavic Mini correctly.  You press the on button for a half second and then press again and hold down the button for a second press for two seconds.  That is in the manual.

Hope this helps!

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-8-2
Use props
kk95
lvl.1
Portugal

Cetacean Posted at 8-2 02:29
Aloha Luís,

Be sure you are turning on the Mavic Mini correctly.  You press the on button for a half second and then press again and hold down the button for a second press for two seconds.  That is in the manual.

Hi Cetacean,

I've been trying that. Still nothing. The only response I get back from the system is the four leds turning on (not even blinking) for a second.
2020-8-2
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Time for a warranty call.
2020-8-2
Use props
kk95
lvl.1
Portugal

m80116 Posted at 8-2 06:00
Time for a warranty call.

Seems like it
2020-8-2
Use props
kk95
lvl.1
Portugal

Hi all,

Don't know how, but apon insisting it turn on. But bad news, it doesn't turn off....
2020-8-2
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

interesting... intermittent fault, like the power button isn't properly soldered onto the PCB or it's faulty.
2020-8-2
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

kk95 Posted at 8-2 02:38
Hi Cetacean,

I've been trying that. Still nothing. The only response I get back from the system is the four leds turning on (not even blinking) for a second.

Aloha Luís,

Before you go that route of making a warranty call, try pressing for one second followed by a one second press and try again with a one second press followed by a two second press.  Everybody's time estimates are different but time itself is quite precise.  

It may just be that your estimates are slightly off.  That has happened to me before and even with DJI products.  When humans meet machines, humans often get confused - I know I did!  It eventually worked out.

If playing around with the presses still does not work out, then contact DJI and send it in.  But, they do turn on and off with the same kind of press routine.

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-8-2
Use props
kk95
lvl.1
Portugal

m80116 Posted at 8-2 20:54
interesting... intermittent fault, like the power button isn't properly soldered onto the PCB or it's faulty.

Hi,

I don't believe it's PCB related... I would believe it would be more the microprocessor's fault (even more wierd), since it seems to not count or react to the seconds that I press the power button. I also believe it's not software related since I the flashed the drone with DJI Assistant.
2020-8-3
Use props
kk95
lvl.1
Portugal

Cetacean Posted at 8-2 22:07
Aloha Luís,

Before you go that route of making a warranty call, try pressing for one second followed by a one second press and try again with a one second press followed by a two second press.  Everybody's time estimates are different but time itself is quite precise.  

Hi Cetacean,

The problem is that it doesn't even blink the leds when I press the power button, showing the battery state. Yesterday, I was able to reinstall the firmware on the drone as I told in the previous post, but it did not change the sistem's response. Also, I was able to turn on the drone but hadto forcefully shut it down, since it still didnt react... Also, as I Electronic Engineer, meeting a new machine is no news to me

Thank you for the support.
Regards,
Luís
2020-8-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Luís. I am sorry to know and to read that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic Mini. Since you have the correct process in powering on the said drone ( press the power button once , then press again, and hold for two seconds to turn the DJI Mavic Mini on or off ). Can you please try posting a sample video of the said issue for us to be able to see and assists you further? Thank you.
2020-8-3
Use props
kk95
lvl.1
Portugal

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-3 01:37
Hello there Luís. I am sorry to know and to read that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic Mini. Since you have the correct process in powering on the said drone ( press the power button once , then press again, and hold for two seconds to turn the DJI Mavic Mini on or off ). Can you please try posting a sample video of the said issue for us to be able to see and assists you further? Thank you.

Hi,

https://youtu.be/1V1zXOhD8gk

This was before I got it working and while charging. Also I was not trying to turn it on but simply to get it blinking.

Regards, Luis
Edit: Will upload a video before sending it to the warranty later today.
2020-8-3
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

kk95 Posted at 8-3 01:22
Hi Cetacean,

The problem is that it doesn't even blink the leds when I press the power button, showing the battery state. Yesterday, I was able to reinstall the firmware on the drone as I told in the previous post, but it did not change the sistem's response. Also, I was able to turn on the drone but hadto forcefully shut it down, since it still didnt react... Also, as I Electronic Engineer, meeting a new machine is no news to me

Aloha Luís,

Every journey starts with a few steps.  Sorry to hear you got a lemon.  DJI Stephen should be able to help you resolve the problem.

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-8-3
Use props
kk95
lvl.1
Portugal

Cetacean Posted at 8-3 03:40
Aloha Luís,

Every journey starts with a few steps.  Sorry to hear you got a lemon.  DJI Stephen should be able to help you resolve the problem.

Hi Cetacean,

Thank you for the kind words. Hopefully I'll resolve things soon.
2020-8-3
Use props
kk95
lvl.1
Portugal

Hi all,

Don't know what happened but today, after work hours, the drone decided to work. I was going to film it not turning on the leds but it is fine now. Problably gonna send an e-mail to support anyway to check if it is worth send it back for a check-up.

Regards,
Luís
2020-8-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

kk95 Posted at 8-3 01:43
Hi,

https://youtu.be/1V1zXOhD8gk

Hi there Luis. Thank you for the reply and for the video link you have posted. Since this issue is happening on your DJI Mavic Mini. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a professional team that will do there best to check the said DJI drone and give out the best resolution for this issue. We hope to hear from you soon and looking forward to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Thank for your understanding.
2020-8-4
Use props
kk95
lvl.1
Portugal

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-4 01:21
Hi there Luis. Thank you for the reply and for the video link you have posted. Since this issue is happening on your DJI Mavic Mini. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a professional team that will do there best to check the said DJI drone and give out the best resolution for this issue. We hope to hear from you soon and looking forward to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Thank for your understanding.

Hi Stephen,

Will do. Thank for the support.

Regards,
Luis
2020-8-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

kk95 Posted at 8-4 01:24
Hi Stephen,

Will do. Thank for the support.

Hi there Luis. You are very much welcome and if you have any other concerns or inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you. Thank you.
2020-8-5
Use props
Jason Kibaru Ngugi
New

Kenya

Hi all

I have a similar issue with my DJI Mini 2 not powering up !
this seems to be a manufacturer defect very stressing .

Am Based in Nairobi , Kenya I cannot use my drone now
2021-3-20
Use props
kk95
lvl.1
Portugal

Hi Jason,

I had to send it back to DJI. It was a manufacturer defect...

I'm sorry to hear that you had the same problem.
2021-3-20
Use props
Satstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 392024 ft
Germany

Got the same problem with the Mavic mini, no chance to turn on. Mavic mini is exactly 1 year old. I sent it to the EU Service Center in the Netherlands for repair!
2021-3-21
Use props
kk95
lvl.1
Portugal

Hi Satstream,

Sorry to hear that! Good luck
2021-3-21
Use props
Rushi31
lvl.1

India

same problem  
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zsdA20dj6mzgomXjs2u8ERGaak6ckUCo/view?usp=sharing
Mavic Mini is not starting all 3 battery are full and press an press and hold for 4 sec
v01.00.0400

plz help me
2021-4-24
Use props
cowolter
lvl.1

United States

I had a similar issue. It turns out it was a faulty battery... it wouldn't charge. Wasnt the charger.

Got an exchange and the new bird has successfully logged its first flight.
2021-4-24
Use props
Rushi31
lvl.1

India

cowolter Posted at 4-24 02:55
I had a similar issue. It turns out it was a faulty battery... it wouldn't charge. Wasnt the charger.

I have 2 Mavic Mini but 1 is fine I have that problem with 2 mini I have used all 6 battery with both mini all batterys are fine
2021-4-24
Use props
kk95
lvl.1
Portugal

Hi,

In my case, it wasn't the battery... It was the "Power ESC Board Module".
2021-4-27
Use props
djiuser_zbkZGxwwi8LX
New

Ireland

My drone just tried to go on fire after starting
2021-10-18
Use props
djiuser_JfU6IXZ3plWe
New

Switzerland

Same problem here. I've not used the drone for couple months and now the drone does not start-up. I've tried different timings for pressing the button, but unfortunately only the lights go on and not the drone itself.
2021-11-5
Use props
Rosie Hewitson
New

United Kingdom

Hi can someone help. I'm in england, I have tried opening a repair request but it seems to be in a loop that sends me back to the menu page. I have tried ringing the UK number but apparently due to ' ooany simultaneous calls I can not be connected'
2021-12-1
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

It could be dirty connections on your battery terminals.
2021-12-1
Use props
creatavision
New
Flight distance : 5702 ft
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 2020-8-2 22:07
Aloha Luís,

Before you go that route of making a warranty call, try pressing for one second followed by a one second press and try again with a one second press followed by a two second press.  Everybody's time estimates are different but time itself is quite precise.  

That would be good, except that in my case, it has disconnected when it was all connected. So when I try and press for 4 sec to reconnect, nothing is happening. I think this product has a heap of faults, but will keep reading. So far, all I am finding is same issue with many people!
2022-2-17
Use props
creatavision
New
Australia

djiuser_JfU6IXZ3plWe Posted at 2021-11-5 10:49
Same problem here. I've not used the drone for couple months and now the drone does not start-up. I've tried different timings for pressing the button, but unfortunately only the lights go on and not the drone itself.

Same with me, although it's only a matter of weeks. The drone does zippo when I try and turn it on and it has disconnected from the control panel. So, am trying to reconnect it, but pressing the button for 4 sec, 10 sec, any seconds, nothing happens.
2022-2-17
Use props
creatavision
New
Australia

cowolter Posted at 2021-4-24 02:55

We've got three batteries...none of them make any difference. It's a shame that trouble shooting has to go across the drone, and batteries. Assuming my batteries are all x 3 good, narrows it down to the drone.

But we are in Australia and exchange rules are good here...looks like this one will be going to landfill
2022-2-17
Use props
benjam
New

United Kingdom

I had this exact problem. Turned out I wasn't pushing the power button hard enough. It clicks but needs a good hard press beyond that to engage. Possibly some corrosion over time on the switch contacts?
2022-4-8
Use props
TOM-DJIAUS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 522995 ft
Canada

Hi all,

I seem to be having the same issue. My Mavic Mini has decided it won't turn on or charge batteries when they are inserted. At first I thought it could be the batteries themselves, but after using a friends 3 Battery Charging Hub both batteries charged perfectly to 100%.

When inserting them back into the drone, no battery indicator lights show up when clicking the on button. If a charging cable is inserted the battery indicator lights show 4 lights constantly on, but as soon as the cable is unplugged the indicator lights turn off.

Do you think this is the same Power ESC module defect as @kk95 ?
2022-5-23
Use props
TOM-DJIAUS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 522995 ft
Canada

TOM-DJIAUS Posted at 5-23 16:44
Hi all,

I seem to be having the same issue. My Mavic Mini has decided it won't turn on or charge batteries when they are inserted. At first I thought it could be the batteries themselves, but after using a friends 3 Battery Charging Hub both batteries charged perfectly to 100%.

EDIT:

I sent my DJI Mavic Mini into DJI for repair. After carrying out a damage assessment, DJI found that 'the Core Board Module was malfunctioned which caused boot and shutdown related fault'. The repair quote was a new Core Board Module @ $74 USD + Repair Service Fee @ $65 USD bringing the total repair to $139 USD.

This sounds like the same issue as the original poster of this thread. Interesting to see if anyone else has had a similar problem?
2022-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules