Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Compass Problem
2093 9 2020-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_7Pn1ZEiwSjQR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14311 ft
Australia

After not using my P4 std for a few weeks I decided to charge up the batteries and fire it up. In an area where I've never had an issue the app tells me to restart the aircraft due to magnetic interference. I check the sensors status and it's indicating that compass 2 is disconnected after doing a bit of research I reset it to factory with no change. I then downgraded the firmware, still no change. So updated the firmware to current. I then checked the connectors in the legs and all seems fine.
I bumped the leg when walking past a table over 12 months ago and it cracked the body at the top of the left leg, but it has not been an issue. This compass fault is only recent. I have provided some screen shots showing the fault.
Any clues??? Thanks
Screenshot_20200802-110826.jpg
Screenshot_20200802-110839.jpg
Screenshot_20200802-110848.jpg
IMG_20200802_110937.jpg
2020-8-1
Use props
djiuser_7Pn1ZEiwSjQR
lvl.1
Australia

I might add, I can calibrate compass but only via the sensor status not via Aircraft Status
2020-8-1
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

djiuser_7Pn1ZEiwSjQR Posted at 8-1 17:31
I might add, I can calibrate compass but only via the sensor status not via Aircraft Status

You do not need to calibrate the compass, the message is actually telling you to move the aircraft elsewhere. Presumably the is steel in the frame of the pool table. The compasses are located in the bottom of the feet, are are picking up a magnetic field from the table.

2020-8-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I check the sensors status and it's indicating that compass 2 is disconnected after doing a bit of research I reset it to factory with no change.
Disconnected means physically disconnected (probably due to a broken compass wire or bad connection), and no amount of resetting or playing with firmware will fix that.
2020-8-1
Use props
djiuser_7Pn1ZEiwSjQR
lvl.1
Australia

Geebax Posted at 8-1 18:02
You do not need to calibrate the compass, the message is actually telling you to move the aircraft elsewhere. Presumably the is steel in the frame of the pool table. The compasses are located in the bottom of the feet, are are picking up a magnetic field from the table.

Never had this problem before in this area, I took the pics on the pool table simply to relay the message, if I take it outside it's the same, keeping in mind I have flown it many times in the last 2 years since I've had it in this exact area without issue.
2020-8-1
Use props
djiuser_7Pn1ZEiwSjQR
lvl.1
Australia

Labroides Posted at 8-1 19:00
I check the sensors status and it's indicating that compass 2 is disconnected after doing a bit of research I reset it to factory with no change.
Disconnected means physically disconnected (probably due to a broken compass wire or bad connection), and no amount of resetting or playing with firmware will fix that.

I have checked the wires and connections in both legs and ensured that the connected is located correctly.
This issue has only come up since I have flown it last.
2020-8-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_7Pn1ZEiwSjQR Posted at 8-1 20:01
I have checked the wires and connections in both legs and ensured that the connected is located correctly.
This issue has only come up since I have flown it last.

Disconnected is disconnected
2020-8-1
Use props
Airimage
lvl.1
France

I have the same problem (compass 2 disconnected) some days...  And the day after, no message and the P4 is flying great. I dont understand why (This has been going for weeks). A bad connection ?
2020-8-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Please try to calibrate the compass of the said drone once again. It is best that the compass of your DJI Phantom 4 is calibrated in any of the following situations when flying outdoors : First, flying at a location further than 31 miles ( 50 km ) away from the location the drone was last flown. Second, The aircraft has not been flown for more than 30 days. Third, a compass interference warning appears in the DJI Go 4 application and/or the aircraft status indicator blinks read and yellow alternatively. Just a reminder that do not calibrate the compass in locations where magnetic interference may occur, such as close to magnetic deposits or large metallic structures such as parking structures, steel reinforcement basements, bridges, cars, and scaffolding. Do not carry objects ( such as mobile phones or smart watches ) that contains ferromagnetic materials near aircraft during calibration. Thank you.
2020-8-3
Use props
ATJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 8-1 21:54
Disconnected is disconnected

Disconnected can mean one of two things:
Physically disconnected (wires not connected) or
Electronically disconnected (a faulty electronic component).
2020-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules