DJI Mavic Mini Two-Way Charging Hub Charger
1311 4 2020-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Baykayaker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 826168 ft
United States

I just received my new Mavic Mini Combo.  Been flying for several years, but the Mini is a new drone for me.  

My question is: Are you supposed to carry/store charged batteries in the charger?  Seems strange that the case would allow you to pack the charger, but not the batteries if it were otherwise?

Thanks for any info.
2020-8-1
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Baykayaker,

Yes, well, at least I do and have done so for months.  The charger / storage is also meant to be a power pack that allows you to charge your phone or remote controller when you do not have access to a different power source.  

We recently had a hurricane warning and I prepared my batteries for use as a power pack in case of a power outage.  Nice to have!  BTW, it is said to drain one battery at a time but I have not gotten that far yet.

Hope this helps!

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-8-2
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I do, I think it's very handy for that purpose. I have had some fully charged batteries sat in one for several days, whoops, not good, and they do not seem to have lost charge. To reduce their charge level for 'storage', I am now using them, in the hub, to charge other things.  
2020-8-2
Use props
Baykayaker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 826168 ft
United States

Thanks for both responses.  

It seems to be the intended way to carry the batteries.  After looking at the charger more closely, with it's side port USB, I realized it functions like one big battery.  I look forward to flying this little one as soon as our weather clears.

Best,
2020-8-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Baykayaker. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared with us. To properly store your DJI Mavic Mini's  intelligent flight batteries. Discharge the battery to 40% - 60% if it will not be used for 10 days or more, as it can greatly extend the battery life. Please remove the said battery from the aircraft when stored for an extended period. Disconnect the batteries from the charging device/hub when they are fully charged. In addition, I will post a DJI link where in you can find some tips on Battery Care ( https://store.dji.com/guides/battery-care-important-think/ ). Thank you and fly safe always.
2020-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules