1507 17 2020-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dragonfly_AerialMRU
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3057976 ft
  • >>>
Mauritius

I'm flying a company’s drone for them, it is an Inspire 2 with X7 camera.

Since taking over it, I have been plagued with issues.

If it sits turned on for a small period of time (like when I am doing camera settings for a client so maybe 10 minutes of idle time), the drone starts to get issues like Accelerometer failed, gyroscope error, camera sensor error, Aircraft encoder error (0x1400000) etc. The landing gear also fails to work properly and then I have to physically move the gear a few mm to get them to start working correctly.

Once I let the bird cool down, restart it, I have no issues, I can fly it and it works fine.

When I am on set this is a huge issue.

I have sent in to the DJI partner who does repairs on the island, but they can't see a problem at all. They downgraded all the firmware and it seemed to do the trick, but then for some reason I can't access PRORES RAW and PRORES RAW HQ. So I upgraded everything and now the issues have started again.

Flight Controller Serial number is 095XF1800200WB

VERSIONS:

Aircraft 01.02.0300

Remote Controller 02.00.0190

Camera 01.09.22.22

2020-8-2
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

ProRes Raw was introduced with the latest firmware.
Thats why its not available on earlier firmware versions.
If best quality is your target, then shoot CDNG much better then ProRes Raw. I'm pretty disapointed with ProRes Raw. Also a reason our highbend customers only want CDNG when ordering a I2 shot.

I never heard of your other problems.
What outside temps are we talking about?
We turn our I2 birds only on when we need them.
Also saves battery, battery disbalance and setting camera settings is a thing of only a few seconds.

There will be a new .500 firmware in the next couple of days. Maybe this helps.
But keeping electronics cool always helps to reduce thermal problems.
2020-8-2
Use props
Dragonfly_AerialMRU
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3057976 ft
  • >>>
Mauritius

Coyut Posted at 8-2 02:53
Thats why its not available on earlier firmware versions.
If best quality is your target, then shoot CDNG much better then ProRes Raw. I'm pretty disapointed with ProRes Raw. Also a reason our highbend customers only want CDNG when ordering a I2 shot.

Thanks, I'll check out the new firmware update when it gets updated.

Outside temps are about 22 deg celcius. No wind.

For the prores raw with the right settings gets me a pretty good result. Cdng is so heavy and some of my clients don't want to deal with that workflow. But every client is different and in the mean time I have to get the prores working for the clients that want.

Side note: my settings don't keep if the i2 is off for an amount of time. So I need to re apply all the settings before take off. Does this happen to you?
2020-8-2
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Coyut Posted at 8-2 02:53
Thats why its not available on earlier firmware versions.
If best quality is your target, then shoot CDNG much better then ProRes Raw. I'm pretty disapointed with ProRes Raw. Also a reason our highbend customers only want CDNG when ordering a I2 shot.

"ProRes Raw was introduced with the latest firmware."
"There will be a new .500 firmware in the next couple of days ..."

Where did you get this info from? Links to a related documents, announcements, please ...
2020-8-2
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 8-2 12:26
"ProRes Raw was introduced with the latest firmware."
"There will be a new .500 firmware in the next couple of days ..."

Sorry, I can't tell you more about .500 yet.
Just wait a few more days
2020-8-3
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Coyut Posted at 8-3 04:01
Sorry, I can't tell you more about .500 yet.
Just wait a few more days

I respect that you can't go into details with what you know about the firmware. But would it be possible to answer the broad question if it is a Feature/bug fix firmware update for ALL Inspire 2's, or is it just a specific firmware for a specific batch of Inspire 2's (like the .400 firmware containing drivers for hardware changes in the newer I2's)?
2020-8-3
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

Will replace .300 too as there is a new part that will be enabled.
2020-8-5
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

Coyut Posted at 8-5 21:36

Thank you for your answer! Glad we will finally see an update for the Inspire 2. Hope it will be released
really soon, now.
2020-8-6
Use props
Mike9129
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4112812 ft
Ireland

Enabling something?

Interesting....

Any idea of when?
2020-8-6
Use props
ski
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Mike9129 Posted at 8-6 02:48
Enabling something?

Interesting....

hopefully Prores RAW for the X5S, since its been documented and promised by DJI on multiple occasions
2020-8-7
Use props
Mike9129
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4112812 ft
Ireland

ski Posted at 8-7 13:05
hopefully Prores RAW for the X5S, since its been documented and promised by DJI on multiple occasions

Id be more hopeful that theyd finally support the Force Pro for the inspire 2 after all this time
2020-8-7
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

Coyut Posted at 8-5 21:36

Have you heard any news about a possible release soon?
2020-8-11
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Rob W Posted at 8-11 20:29
Have you heard any news about a possible release soon?

Here we go again ... Got a partial erection for a while ?
2020-8-13
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 8-13 10:21
Here we go again ... Got a partial erection for a while ?

No, have you?
2020-8-13
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Yes, but inverted. Anytime I heard such unsupported revelations, bad and ugly troll is awakening inside me. I can't help myself ...
2020-8-14
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 8-14 17:25
Yes, but inverted. Anytime I heard such unsupported revelations, bad and ugly troll is awakening inside me. I can't help myself ...

I've heard a rumour for a .500 release somewhere else for quite a while ago. I am planning for going away for a shoot, so I was curious if it was going to be released before that shoot and if the update would have some happy surprises that would have been of benefit for that shoot. But my guess is that if the firmware exist, and if it will be released, it will just be a small update.
2020-8-14
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Rob W Posted at 8-14 21:07
I've heard a rumour for a .500 release somewhere else for quite a while ago. I am planning for going away for a shoot, so I was curious if it was going to be released before that shoot and if the update would have some happy surprises that would have been of benefit for that shoot. But my guess is that if the firmware exist, and if it will be released, it will just be a small update.

Rob, I understand your hope and expectations. Many Inspire 2 owners are disappointed by the lack of DJI's further support of this platform. However, what drives me crazy is this urge to act as a "wise guy who know but can't really say"... A mysterious, well informed and connected, anonymous individual who regularly play golf with Frank Wang ... "So, Frank, tell me what we gonna do for all of these idiots ... (swoosh) ... oops, I missed the hole ... what was I talking? Oh yes, all these morons waiting for free ProRes license ..."
2020-8-15
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 8-15 08:53
Rob, I understand your hope and expectations. Many Inspire 2 owners is disappointed by the lack of DJI further support of this platform. What drives me crazy is this urge to act as a "wise guy who know but can't really say", a mysterious, well informed anonymous individual who regularly play golf with Frank Wang ... "So, Frank, tell me what we gonna do for all these idiots waiting for Inspire 3? ... Oops, I missed the hole ..."

Yeah, it is most likely golf they are playing now in these Corona times, being outdoors in a large area to avoid getting the virus

I have very little hope and very little expectations about if there is a .500 firmware and what it contains if there is one, and I take all the rumours with a pinch (or more) of salt. The Inspire 2 and it's companion hardware (CrystalSky and Cendence) have gotten very little love from DJI, it must be about the most ignored hardware DJI have ever released(?). The I2 got it's announced features very late in it's life (not uncommon for DJI) and is missing features from the cheaper drones. The CrystalSky gets very few updates and is constantly lagging long behind the DJI Go releases. The Cendence got an update in June though (the last before that was December), fixing a bug.

But life goes on nevertheless. Hoping for lesser winds tomorrow, hope I can go out and shoot some film with the I2, M2P and the BlackMagic camera.
2020-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules