Could you (dji) add programmable power button on controller?
793 7 2020-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
addxm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 270118 ft
United Kingdom

Hi. simple question really. The power button is pretty redundant when flying. You tap once for battery level - fine but that seems a bit wasted, why not add another function?  
I would like to tap power button once to switch between c/p/s mode. Double tap + hold turns off, and single hold enters some weird unsused mode, so clearly it is all programmable by you (dji).
Please add a second function, like the one above. Or at a push even add a an option to map your own function to a single tap of power button.

Unlikely this one I expect lol, still just throwing it out there.
2020-8-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there addxm. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your valued insights with regards to this matter. I will cascade this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention and evaluation. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates. Kindly please stay tuned or visit our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Again, thank you for your valued support and please stay safe always.
2020-8-3
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is complicating the function of the on off button wise?
2020-8-10
Use props
addxm
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Sean-newbie Posted at 8-10 06:26
Is complicating the function of the on off button wise?
Yes, because you have to double press and hold anyway for power. So the power button  is already over complicated, this could take advantage of that.
Function could be set as off as default, and only changed by choice making it no different normally.
Wouldn't you like to change between cin/pos/sport with one button you do not have to look at?
2020-8-10
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There must be something I am not understanding about your answer, sorry.  You seem to say the function of the button is already too complicated yet you seem to want further complication.

As a literal answer to your question, "Wouldn't you like to change between cin/pos/sport with one button you do not have to look at?" Via an altered power button, no, besides I already know where, by touch, the the flight mode switches 'are' (M2P, MM, P3 Adv). That said I find the P3's the best, the M2P's lacks feel and I find I often 'overshoot ''P'' mode whilst the Mini's is delayed cyclic so I again sometime overshoot the desired mode because of thinking the first touch did not 'take'.

Plus, if I understand you correctly, I would be somewhat concerned about accidentally triggering a shut down of the controller if I were fiddling with the power switch to access other functions.
2020-8-10
Use props
addxm
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Sean-newbie Posted at 8-10 06:58
There must be something I am not understanding about your answer, sorry.  You seem to say the function of the button is already too complicated yet you seem to want further complication.

As a literal answer to your question, "Wouldn't you like to change between cin/pos/sport with one button you do not have to look at?" Via an altered power button, no, besides I already know where, by touch, the the flight mode switches 'are' (M2P, MM, P3 Adv). That said I find the P3's the best, the M2P's lacks feel and I find I often 'overshoot ''P'' mode whilst the Mini's is delayed cyclic so I again sometime overshoot the desired mode because of thinking the first touch did not 'take'.
Nah. It's a very good idea. I think anyone stupid enough to confuse it with "double press hold" would have trouble flying a paper aeroplane, let alone a mini. And using a sun hood makes not looking at screen to press it impossible for me and many. Thanks for you input, please give time for others to answer (if they answer) before adding more criticism.
2020-8-10
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fair enough.
Enjoy your evening
2020-8-10
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I recall there being some other type of feature that you could do with the battery power button on the Spark - I think it was used for linking the Spark with the RC. So I guess they could add some type of additional feature but as you say, unlikely.
2020-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules