Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Action - New Features Removed
4094 23 2020-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spillihpnevets
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I updated my firmware a while back when Hyperlapse was introduced and it worked fine, the next time i switched the camera on all of the new features from the latest update were missing.  I left it for a bit and updated to v1.09 and again everything was fine for a while until i switched on and found everything new has disappeared again.

I'm not sure if this is a common thing with an easy fix but cannot seem to find a solution, i cannot update the firmware again as the device itself shows the latest version.

I have emailed DJI support but wondered if anybody else had the same issue and managed to resolve it?

Thanks
Steve
2020-8-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Steve, could you please provide me with some screen snaps of the shooting modes you have on the Osmo Action? The modes can be checked and change by tapping the icon on the lower left of the screen. Thanks.
2020-8-2
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

This is what you see in the camera fw 1.09.00.10
  • Video
  • HDR Video
  • Slow Motion
  • Timelapse
  • Hyperlapse
  • Photo

Quick Switch  area full list of Modes
  • Video
  • HDR Video
  • Slow Motion
  • Timelapse
  • Hyperlapse
  • Loop recording
  • Photo
  • Burst
  • AEB
  • Timed

What do you see also when p ressing the lower left icon  in video, photo, and if you set customs up?  With the modes unchecked, you would see the full list  wit hthe lower left icon checked /unchecked.

If DJI allowed a refresh firmware, maybe it is time they should Unlock it   so we can  have some control then forced with issued camera's?   Also  a factory reset  cam be tried, remember your settings if doing so.

2020-8-3
Use props
Spillihpnevets
lvl.1
United Kingdom

2020-8-3
Use props
Spillihpnevets
lvl.1
United Kingdom

2020-8-3
Use props
Spillihpnevets
lvl.1
United Kingdom

2020-8-3
Use props
Spillihpnevets
lvl.1
United Kingdom

The photos above show the firmware version and options in the menus.

I have tried factory reset and this did not change anything.

Video is missing hyperlapse and loop recording, there are also no live stream options.
2020-8-3
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

By all means you best get with the chat customer svc.   see  what they say and let us all know.
2020-8-3
Use props
Spillihpnevets
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I had already raised a ticket with support but posted here to see if anybody had seen something similar.

I received a reply today with a link to the firmware version 99.99.99.99 which will probably allow the version to be re-flashed.  I will check it later.
2020-8-4
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Spillihpnevets Posted at 8-4 04:07
I had already raised a ticket with support but posted here to see if anybody had seen something similar.

I received a reply today with a link to the firmware version 99.99.99.99 which will probably allow the version to be re-flashed.  I will check it later.

Could you PM that to me Please? I appreciate that.  I pm'd you.
I seen a few posts of this Issue no resolution was offered.
2020-8-4
Use props
Spillihpnevets
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Sure, I will make sure it works first then update you and send the Wetransfer link, it expires in 7 days so you would have to download the .bin file and keep it somewhere.  If the link doesn't work for you I will send you the .bin file.
2020-8-4
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

I do hope yours is resolved,   fingers crossed. Big thank you.
2020-8-4
Use props
Spillihpnevets
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks, i Pm'd you.

Everything seems to work great for now and the firmware version on the device is showing 00.00.00.00 and prompting me to connect to MIMO and update firmware but I'm going to leave it unless I encounter the same issue again at which point I will try to update via MIMO.

I'm wondering whether its possible to just change the version number in the .bin file to force a re-flash.
2020-8-4
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Spillihpnevets Posted at 8-4 11:21
Thanks, i Pm'd you.

Everything seems to work great for now and the firmware version on the device is showing 00.00.00.00 and prompting me to connect to MIMO and update firmware but I'm going to leave it unless I encounter the same issue again at which point I will try to update via MIMO.

I just loaded, and  can not manually load fw 1.07.00.01 for example, or  manually load fw 1.09.00.10 either, I will see if I can  with the Mimo app  load up.  I got a straight forward video. made.

I loaded fw99.99.99.99  the update was like 6 seconds done. I can reload it as long as I have the file and I have fw 54.48.254.43

2020-8-4
Use props
Spillihpnevets
lvl.1
United Kingdom

No worries, try the link that I sent you and if you cannot access it I will send you the .bin file
2020-8-4
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Spillihpnevets Posted at 8-4 11:28
No worries, try the link that I sent you and if you cannot access it I will send you the .bin file

thanks. I was able to minipulate the name. will tell later.
2020-8-4
Use props
D'trRip
New

United Kingdom

Spillihpnevets Posted at 8-4 11:21
Thanks, i Pm'd you.

Everything seems to work great for now and the firmware version on the device is showing 00.00.00.00 and prompting me to connect to MIMO and update firmware but I'm going to leave it unless I encounter the same issue again at which point I will try to update via MIMO.

hi. I've got the same issue. can you please walk me thru the process that you did using the v.99 bin that they sent you. I contacted them, and it I tried to follow the instruction but it did not work. maybe i did something wrong, and now they want me to send my osmo action to the service center to fix it, which will be in the Netherlands =(
2020-10-2
Use props
Supercooled
lvl.1
Canada

Steve, are you still reading this thread?  I PM'd you.
2021-3-13
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

If you got FW 99.99  you must also have a Debug txt file, simple computer skills to make one, just make sure .txt is not left in.   the other person who had given the file left that crucial info out.

firmware, plus degug wil lgetit back on.
2021-3-13
Use props
Flappyberg
New

Philippines

Spillihpnevets Posted at 2020-8-4 11:21
Thanks, i Pm'd you.

Everything seems to work great for now and the firmware version on the device is showing 00.00.00.00 and prompting me to connect to MIMO and update firmware but I'm going to leave it unless I encounter the same issue again at which point I will try to update via MIMO.

Could you share to me the fw99? got the same problem
2021-5-19
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

2021-5-20
Use props
djiuser_fQoX5LX489G0
New
Switzerland

2022-9-14
Use props
djiuser_fQoX5LX489G0
New
Switzerland

Same here 09.2022. I got the fw v99.99.99.99, too but now the cam shows Firmware-Version 99.99.99.99(6762) and nothing is fixed. Loop, Hyperlapse and live still missing. And, the worst, there is no manual reset or update option in the cam or the app. No idea if the app downloads anything or if the cam does anything. Just a terrible user experience.

2022-9-14
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

FW99  is loaded now load in the latest.
2022-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules