Battery Installation Error
1263 2 2020-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_DoB9myAJAKZc
lvl.3

United States

I followed the procedures to properly charge each battery individually when I first got the Mavic Air 2 Combo. One of the batteries would always have a "Battery Installation Error". I would eventually get it to install properly after several tries and it never failed when in flight.

After several flights I decided to pay more attention with the "problem battery". I noticed it doesn't have a satisfying click like the other 2, but it would still have a snug and tight fit. I would re-seat the battery again and it would eventually work. No biggie. Battery works as it should when flying:

- I have no problem with long distance flights.
- Battery reports correctly in the indicator when flying.
- No charging problems.
- No battery related errors during flight. The only error I get is installation error.
- Discharges as it should like the other 2 batteries.

So my question is: Is there an easy fix for this before dealing with DJI support? I've read some users putting padding underneath the battery contacts so they always connect to the Mavic Air 2 connectors.

It's a minor invoncenivce I could live with, but was just wondering how common this problem.

2020-8-2
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

I hope you've done a very thorough visual inspection and comparison to the other batteries to see if there's any differences in the battery self locking contacts and that the suspect battery self locking contacts protrude out as far as the good ones do.  That's about all I can figure might be the issue.
2020-8-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Are you able to post a sample video showing this said issue for us to be able to see and assist you further? Thank you.
2020-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules