Balancing P3 camera
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mchelen328
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Hi everyone,

I don't know if that is only my P3 or a common problem that the camera gimbal is not balanced.
When the P3 is off, the gimbal would turn to one side and forward....  look like the following photo.

I think it is not right....  so, I stick a coin to the back of the camera to make it perfectly balanced.

IMG_2093.JPG
IMG_2092.JPG
IMG_2091.JPG
2015-6-20
Use props
isaache
lvl.3
Spain

Me thinking out loud, may it be that DJI already took in to account that some people may be using filters in the camera adding extra weight?
2015-6-20
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

isaache Posted at 2015-6-21 01:09
Me thinking out loud, may it be that DJI already took in to account that some people may be using fi ...

not really because a filter makes the camera even more front heavy. I dont see a problem in an unbalanced camera because the camera is so light. When weight is added the camera/Gimbal can maybe start to twitch
2015-6-20
Use props
kudlaty
lvl.1

Poland

But gimbal doesn't necessarily have to be balanced. In fact, small and controlled imbalance may be beneficial, because it requires constant torque from the motors and that torque is biasing whole system, eliminating any loose. It may be compared to some loose self-cancelling mechanisms, that are pretensioned by spring. If gimbal would be perfectly balanced, there could be vibrations at it's dead point.
2015-6-20
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If the camera was heavy at the front it would change position when you turn the phantom upside down - it doesn't - it's been suggested that the reason it points down with power off is due to the ribbon cable acting like a spring.
2015-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules