Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Orientation in the DJI Fly App not working
3729 9 2020-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hvail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 990266 ft
  • >>>
United States

The orientation icon in the DJI app for the Mavic Air 2 is always red with a line through it.  The MA2 does not show that I need to calibrate so I am unable to solve the problem.
2020-8-3
Use props
Pappy3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

AircraftOrientationIndicatorWarnings.png
2020-8-3
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Just out of curiosity...where did you get those pictures of the aircraft orientation indicator???  It's been my wish with every DJI drone I've owned that they would publish all the warnings/cautions/alerts, what triggers the message, and what to do to resolve the issue.
2020-8-3
Use props
hvail
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

That answered the question.  I had to change the setting on my iPhone 10s concerning the DJI Fly app and it works.
2020-8-3
Use props
Pappy3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 8-3 06:17
Just out of curiosity...where did you get those pictures of the aircraft orientation indicator???  It's been my wish with every DJI drone I've owned that they would publish all the warnings/cautions/alerts, what triggers the message, and what to do to resolve the issue.

A user had posted this this image on a similar question about aircraft orientation errors. I then copied it to my Mavic Air 2 folder on my PC. Everytime I see a question on this subject, I just post it to the thread.
2020-8-3
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Pappy3 Posted at 8-3 16:15
A user had posted this this image on a similar question about aircraft orientation errors. I then copied it to my Mavic Air 2 folder on my PC. Everytime I see a question on this subject, I just post it to the thread.

Thanks, I am now doing the same.
2020-8-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there hvail. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Does the said issue look like the image below? If yes, it means the mobile device’s GPS is poor and the DJI Fly application cannot calculate the relative position of the aircraft and mobile device. At this time, the indicator does not show the GPS status of the aircraft. The GPS status of the aircraft can be checked through the number of satellites and GPS signal strength shown at the top of the said application. Thank you.

2020-8-3
Use props
SemperFiGuy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45643 ft
United States

hvail Posted at 8-3 13:58
That answered the question.  I had to change the setting on my iPhone 10s concerning the DJI Fly app and it works.

I must have missed something.  What fixed the problem?  I have the same problem.  My relative position and orientation in the lower center of the Fly App always show that my Aircraft is behind me, or on the side of me despite the camera facing forward (away from me) and me being directly behind the unit.

When flying directly away from me, the Arrow Indicator I assume should be pointing forward or away from me.  When I return the aircraft by pivoting it 180 degrees, the arrow should then be pointing at me.  Problem is, neither of those things happen.

My Location Services are on.  My GPS works fine on my phone and for the life of me I can't figure this out.

A brother needs help.

Thanks in advance.

2020-8-7
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Some people have just rotated the phone 180 degrees in the RC holder.  
2020-8-7
Use props
hvail
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

SemperFiGuy Posted at 8-7 13:06
I must have missed something.  What fixed the problem?  I have the same problem.  My relative position and orientation in the lower center of the Fly App always show that my Aircraft is behind me, or on the side of me despite the camera facing forward (away from me) and me being directly behind the unit.

When flying directly away from me, the Arrow Indicator I assume should be pointing forward or away from me.  When I return the aircraft by pivoting it 180 degrees, the arrow should then be pointing at me.  Problem is, neither of those things happen.

After I got the GPS to connect I realize the orientation is out of whack as well   It’s not pointing with the nose.
2020-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules