Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
EXTREMELY distorted audio
1560 3 2020-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChickenTsar
lvl.1
United States

When plugging in an external microphone the audio becomes god awful. Works fine if you whisper, but the microphone gain is so high it starts distorting at any reasonable volume.
At first I thought it was just the microphone, but someone else was having the exact same problem before they just returned the camera.
I love the camera, but the audio....the audio is so bad.
           If you want an example of the audio I can go snag some, but I deleted ALL of my footage because it was deemed useless. Unfortunate.

2020-8-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please provide a short sample video of the issue and may I know the model of the microphone that you are using please? Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-8-4
Use props
cab1024
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23015 ft
United States

I am really disappointed that this is my first post to the DJI Forums, and I plan to escalate this matter as widely as possible -- especially since I returned my GoPro Hero8 and Media Mod because of other reasons that gave me unusable audio. So far, I love the Osmo Action camera itself, compared to GoPro, and simply cannot believe these are the results I got with the CYNOVA external microphone adapter. This is unacceptable.
Seems like it could be fixed with a firmware update and/or offering manually-set recording levels. There are no settings to control with an external microphone plugged in. FWIW, this is the last video of my tests, and uses a sceond microphone, with the microphne buried underneath my cheek pad inside my helmet. All of the tests with mulitple microphones were equally horrible.Starts out nice but gets horrible once I turn the corner. Keep listening.

2020-8-28
Use props
Schmoof
lvl.2
United States

Please check out this demo video I made... hopefully DJI will take this seriously if they realize how bad the issue really is

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=225521
2020-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules