Crashed Mavic Air
1706 24 2020-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kristenpaquette
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2831 ft
United States

I've had my Mavic Air 2 for about a month, and have enjoyed adding it as a component of my photography business.
Yesterday while flying in an area with a flight permit enabled, the drone flew straight into a tree with no warnings at all.
Ordinarily the sensors alert me when the drone is nearing an obstacle and the automatic obstacle detection was enabled - But this time, it just went sideways into a tree. Unfortunately, it fell from the tree and the harness holding the camera is broken. The camera is A-OK thank goodness. I have submitted a service ticket, but I'm not sure how the service process works or how well DJI responds to customers about these types of issues.
Has anyone else crashed a Mavic Air 2 and damaged the gimbal harness and had good success with repairs?
The rest of the damage to the drone looks supervicial - Minor scratches etc. But I was so shocked that none of the sensors recognized the tree and stopped the drone. I've taken her up probably 50 times and the sensors have worked beautifully every time.

I did not have the care refresh enabled, but am hopeful that the cost of repairs will be reasonable. Otherwise, I'm looking at scrapping the DJI equipment I have and going with Holy Stone. Does anyone have a success story of repairs they can share? Thank you!

broken harness

broken harness
2020-8-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi kristenpaquette, I am sorry to hear about the accident that happened to your drone. I am able to get your case number by your forum account, noticing that data analysis is not applied.

If you have any questions to the accident, it is suggested to apply for data analysis, we will check on the flight data/record to confirm the crash reason, and provide you with a solution based on the data analysis result, the service time will be a little longer accordingly because of data analysis.

Please let me know if you would love to apply for data analysis and I will help to proceed with it.

A warm prompt, based on your description, the drone crashed sideways, please note that there are no side sensors on both sides of the drone, it can't detect and avoid obstacles that are on the side way of the drone. More details about the vision systems, please visit: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... Manual_v1.2_en_.pdf

Thank you.
2020-8-3
Use props
kristenpaquette
lvl.3
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 8-3 20:15
Hi kristenpaquette, I am sorry to hear about the accident that happened to your drone. I am able to get your case number by your forum account, noticing that data analysis is not applied.

If you have any questions to the accident, it is suggested to apply for data analysis, we will check on the flight data/record to confirm the crash reason, and provide you with a solution based on the data analysis result, the service time will be a little longer accordingly because of data analysis.

Thank you Susan for your response - Is asking for the data analysis the best course of action, and is there an additional cost associated with it?
2020-8-4
Use props
kristenpaquette
lvl.3
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 8-3 20:15

If you have any questions to the accident, it is suggested to apply for data analysis, we will check on the flight data/record to confirm the crash reason, and provide you with a solution based on the data analysis result, the service time will be a little longer accordingly because of data analysis.

Susan, I'm also a little puzzled at the lack of information posted in here from other users about certified DJI repair and their experiences. Is it uncommon for individuals to have positive experiences with the service center and repairs, or could I be looking in the wrong place?
I will also be happy to share my experience with other drone users, so that other people in my situation can have an idea of what to expect Thank you again!
2020-8-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

kristenpaquette Posted at 8-4 07:09
Susan, I'm also a little puzzled at the lack of information posted in here from other users about certified DJI repair and their experiences. Is it uncommon for individuals to have positive experiences with the service center and repairs, or could I be looking in the wrong place?
I will also be happy to share my experience with other drone users, so that other people in my situation can have an idea of what to expect  Thank you again!

Hi kristenpaquette, data analysis is free as the drone is within the warranty period, no worries.
If there is a doubt about the accident, I would suggest data analysis so the reason for this accident will be checked and found out. If it is confirmed that the accident was not caused by the pilot, the service will be covered under warranty.
If the accident was not a malfunctioning of the drone, a paid service will be required.
2020-8-4
Use props
kristenpaquette
lvl.3
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 8-4 20:17
Hi kristenpaquette, data analysis is free as the drone is within the warranty period, no worries.
If there is a doubt about the accident, I would suggest data analysis so the reason for this accident will be checked and found out. If it is confirmed that the accident was not caused by the pilot, the service will be covered under warranty.
If the accident was not a malfunctioning of the drone, a paid service will be required.

Thank you! Yes, I definitely would like to request the data analysis, then. How should I go about doing so?
2020-8-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

kristenpaquette Posted at 8-5 04:25
Thank you! Yes, I definitely would like to request the data analysis, then. How should I go about doing so?

Received that, I had noted to apply for data analysis, the local team will help and proceed with this when they receive the drone. Please wait patiently.
2020-8-5
Use props
kristenpaquette
lvl.3
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 8-5 23:11
Received that, I had noted to apply for data analysis, the local team will help and proceed with this when they receive the drone. Please wait patiently.

I will - Thank you! I believe I sent the drone to California, according to the shipping label. ETA is Friday. I greatly appreciate your help!
2020-8-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

kristenpaquette Posted at 8-6 06:24
I will - Thank you! I believe I sent the drone to California, according to the shipping label. ETA is Friday. I greatly appreciate your help!

You're most welcome. If there is anyting else I can assist you with, please feel free to let me know.
2020-8-6
Use props
kristenpaquette
lvl.3
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 8-6 20:41
You're most welcome. If there is anyting else I can assist you with, please feel free to let me know.

I will! You have been SO helpful and put my mind at ease!
2020-8-7
Use props
kristenpaquette
lvl.3
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 8-6 20:41

Susan, I just checked my service ticket and still don't see the data analysis on there - case CAS-4744668-G1C9G1. Just an update!
2020-8-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

kristenpaquette Posted at 8-7 09:56
Susan, I just checked my service ticket and still don't see the data analysis on there - case CAS-4744668-G1C9G1. Just an update!

Hi there, as per checking, the drone has not been checked in to the system. We will first check the package and register it under your case number, it may need 1-2 business days. Then we will manage damage assessment, after that, we will proceed with data analysis, and handle the case until it is solved. Every update of the progress, we will send you an email notification, please don't worry, and wait for the update. Thank you for your patience.
2020-8-7
Use props
kristenpaquette
lvl.3
United States

**UPDATE**
My Mavic Air 2 is back in my hands as good as new! I have purchased the refresh program and happily am flying again! Here's a shot of my latest sunset.
2020-8-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

kristenpaquette Posted at 8-26 12:59
**UPDATE**
My Mavic Air 2 is back in my hands as good as new! I have purchased the refresh program and happily am flying again! Here's a shot of my latest sunset. [view_image]

Thank you for your update, kristenpaquette. Nice picture, thank you for sharing here.
Fly safe and keep safe btw.
2020-8-27
Use props
kristenpaquette
lvl.3
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 8-27 03:00
Thank you for your update, kristenpaquette. Nice picture, thank you for sharing here.
Fly safe and keep safe btw.

Thank you Susan!
I did decide to purchase care refresh after this experience - I’m having trouble locating my activation code. Not sure if that’s something you help with but I’m concerned about reaching the 48hr deadline and not receiving it. Thanks!
2020-8-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

kristenpaquette Posted at 8-27 03:31
Thank you Susan!
I did decide to purchase care refresh after this experience - I’m having trouble locating my activation code. Not sure if that’s something you help with but I’m concerned about reaching the 48hr deadline and not receiving it. Thanks!

May I double confirm if you purchased the DJI Care Refresh on our DJI Store? If so, the DJI Care Refresh will be activated automatically, please don't worry, you can double check the status of the DJI Care Refresh by checking the remaining balance at https://service.dji.com/djicare/coverage.
2020-8-27
Use props
djiuser_bmkK3OxaJA7G
New

United States

I just crashed my mavic air 2 today and this post has me feeling a bit better. I just got it 3 days ago and decided to try out sport mode. I didn’t realize how fast it flys
2020-12-9
Use props
djiuser_bmkK3OxaJA7G
New

United States

I ran it into a tree and broke a the front left leg/led light, the back led light, one of the little support pieces on the bottom, and the propellers. I’m
Just Hoping it can be fixed and to get it back before Xmas if possible.
2020-12-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_bmkK3OxaJA7G Posted at 12-9 20:08
I ran it into a tree and broke a the front left leg/led light, the back led light, one of the little support pieces on the bottom, and the propellers. I’m
Just Hoping it can be fixed and to get it back before Xmas if possible.

I'm so sorry to hear about the accident. Please submit an online repair request from this website: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index, or contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support to open a case, we'll do our best to help this out.
2020-12-10
Use props
Temile Emmanuel
New

Cyprus

Hi, i am writing about the DJI AIR. I could not find anywhere to post into the forum so i am writing here for assistance. My drone decided to safe land on a tree and when i got it down the sd card slot was a bit damaged as well as a broken fan.

I replaced the fan with the extra and also the other fans just for caution but the drone does not lift off with an indicator of max motor speed reached and one of the motors not damaged from the outside over heating. I am in Turkey…. How do i go about this repair because i know self repair is dangerous.

I need help
2022-2-1
Use props
Temile Emmanuel
New

Cyprus

Hi, i am writing about the DJI AIR. I could not find anywhere to post into the forum so i am writing here for assistance. My drone decided to safe land on a tree and when i got it down the sd card slot was a bit damaged as well as a broken fan.

I replaced the fan with the extra and also the other fans just for caution but the drone does not lift off with an indicator of max motor speed reached and one of the motors not damaged from the outside over heating. I am in Turkey…. How do i go about this repair because i know self repair is dangerous.

I need help
2022-2-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Temile Emmanuel Posted at 2-1 12:30
Hi, i am writing about the DJI AIR. I could not find anywhere to post into the forum so i am writing here for assistance. My drone decided to safe land on a tree and when i got it down the sd card slot was a bit damaged as well as a broken fan.

I replaced the fan with the extra and also the other fans just for caution but the drone does not lift off with an indicator of max motor speed reached and one of the motors not damaged from the outside over heating. I am in Turkey…. How do i go about this repair because i know self repair is dangerous.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Please contact our support through email.
Here is the link:
https://www.dji.com/support?from=store_footer
They will try their best to help you. Thanks.
2022-2-1
Use props
djiuser_YdP86pMy5afa
New
Flight distance : 7204400 ft
United States

Hi I crashed My AIR2. No refresh . Could I get an estimated Repair? Thanks.
2022-2-11
Use props
djiuser_YdP86pMy5afa
New
Flight distance : 7204400 ft
United States

2022-2-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_YdP86pMy5afa Posted at 2-11 20:54

Hi there, we are sorry to hear about the accident. We will analyze your product after receiving it. Once the result of the damage assessment is known, we will contact you promptly via email for the quotation. You can refer to the accessories price inquiry chart at https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/PriceQuery first.
To start a case, please visit https://www.dji.com/us/service/repair

2022-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules