2176 4 2020-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
asaw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1672566 ft
Russia

Hi,

I'm having an issue with a Mavic 2 Zoom & Smart Controller: it doesn't allow me to use the 5.8GHz frequency band no matter what I do. In the HD section in Settings of the GO4 App I see the following vague sentence: "To ensure smooth image transmission signals, the frequency band of image transmission will be switched to dual-band mode when Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or 4G network adapter feature is enabled."

HD Settings

HD Settings

The Channel setting cannot be changed even in "Custom" channel mode. See the attached screenshots.

HD Settings

HD Settings

HD Settings

HD Settings

The Smart Controller itself can connect to 5GHz Wi-Fi networks with no problems.

I tried turning WiFi and Bluetooth on and off while connected to Mavic 2 but it made no difference.
I also tried relinking the Smart Controller and Mavic 2 (using a button combination): it made no difference either.

So what does "To ensure smooth image transmission signals, the frequency band of image transmission will be switched to dual-band mode when Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or 4G network adapter feature is enabled" mean and what do I do to make Mavic 2 use the 5GHz frequency band with a Smart Controller?
2020-8-3
Use props
asaw
lvl.4
Russia

Does anyone use a Smart Controller?
2020-8-4
Use props
Avi_Elbaz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1095377 ft
Israel

Hi, I use Smart controller with Mavic 2 zoom too. My smart controller will not show me 5.8 as well because in Israel 5.8 use GHZ is not allowed so DJI has blocked that. When I used my smart controller in USA the 5.8 was available. It may be the same thing in Russia.  The 5 GHZ WiFi network does not the use the same bands as the 5.8 GHZ.
2020-8-5
Use props
asaw
lvl.4
Russia

Avi_Elbaz Posted at 8-5 11:50
Hi, I use Smart controller with Mavic 2 zoom too. My smart controller will not show me 5.8 as well because in Israel 5.8 use GHZ is not allowed so DJI has blocked that. When I used my smart controller in USA the 5.8 was available. It may be the same thing in Russia.  The 5 GHZ WiFi network does not the use the same bands as the 5.8 GHZ.

Thank you for your input, Avi!
2020-8-5
Use props
PMYSKO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40459 ft

United States

Thanks for the information.
2022-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now