General Osmo Action/Mimo Connection issues.
665 3 2020-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wakewatcher
lvl.1
United States

I'm using (well trying to use) my Osmo Action to record wakesurfers behind my boat.  The camera is mounted on the transom of my boat and I have Mimo running on a Samsung Note 4 about 10 feet away. It takes a couple of attempts to connect and then it randomly disconnects every few minutes.  Is that really too far away to expect a solid connection?  I also tried to connect to a Samsung Tab A8 but while it 'sees' the camera and registered it, it won't connect.  Just get simple connection failed make sure your camera is on. blah blah blah.  Also from the Tab A8 I tired to do a bluetooth pairing and the A8 said trying to connect with some number but nothing pops up on the Action to accept the pairing request.  Hmmm... Not a happy surfer so far. Just saying...
2020-8-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Wakewatcher. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having issue with your DJI Osmo Action and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to use a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Action and for the DJI Mimo application. Thank you.

2020-8-4
Use props
Wakewatcher
lvl.1
United States

OK so most phones aren't supported???  Samsung phones aren't supported?   Google Play says it's compatible with all my devices.   The wifi cuts out on both my samsung devices.  Note 4 and S9+.  What is the range suppose to be?  Also if you support Google pixel  phones it would be great if you have built in Chromecast so you could playback videos easily through chromecast.
2020-8-4
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

ifits not near it will not work.  so yeah ten feet is not goingto work correctly.
2020-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules