Why doesn't DJI make batteries interchangeable between models
5385 8 2020-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

The idea of this poll is not that you'd imagine the same battery on a Spark as on the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom, but that similar size drones have compatible battery designs. For example new models might have more advanced batteries, but still be backward compatible with their predecessors.
Multiple choiceVote: ( Up to 3 entry optional ), Total 10 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

6.25% (1)
18.75% (3)
25.00% (4)
25.00% (4)
18.75% (3)
6.25% (1)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2020-8-3
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

They have on some models (Mavic Pro and Platinum, Phantom 4 and Phantom 4 Pro) but if the body of the drone is different then the batteries will need to be designed to accommodate that specific frame and model. It would be cool but you also need to be mindful that these batteries cost a fair bit and obviously fuel the profit lines of the manufacturer.
2020-8-4
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Canada

A J Posted at 8-4 00:41
They have on some models (Mavic Pro and Platinum, Phantom 4 and Phantom 4 Pro) but if the body of the drone is different then the batteries will need to be designed to accommodate that specific frame and model. It would be cool but you also need to be mindful that these batteries cost a fair bit and obviously fuel the profit lines of the manufacturer.

You have a very valid point about fuelling profits. Personally though, I'd be willing to accept an increase in drone price, if all my birds used a compatible battery. I'm starting to accumulate quite an arsenal of batteries. I usually buy 4 or 5 batteries for each drone. I may actually avoid buying a the Mavic 3, just because I don't want to deal with maintaining yet another 5 batteries.
2020-8-4
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TrevorSK Posted at 8-4 04:59
You have a very valid point about fuelling profits. Personally though, I'd be willing to accept an increase in drone price, if all my birds used a compatible battery. I'm starting to accumulate quite an arsenal of batteries. I usually buy 4 or 5 batteries for each drone. I may actually avoid buying a the Mavic 3, just because I don't want to deal with maintaining yet another 5 batteries.

It would make life a lot easier
2020-8-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there TrevorSK. Thank you for reaching out and for creating this poll. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots can give out there insights with regards to this matter. Thank you for your support and please stay safe always.
2020-8-4
Use props
Martyzion
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1976608 ft
United States

Batteries are to drones what printer cartridges are to printers
2020-8-19
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Even more ridicules', if you fly your Mavic 2 Pro then put the same battery in your Mavic 2 Enterprise, you have to update the battery FW. Then fly the Mavic 2 Pro again, you have to update the battery FW. Every time you go back and forth, it wants the FW updated. You would think that a Mavic 2 battery FW would work for any Mavic 2.
2020-8-28
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Canada

FatherXmas Posted at 8-28 17:06
Even more ridicules', if you fly your Mavic 2 Pro then put the same battery in your Mavic 2 Enterprise, you have to update the battery FW. Then fly the Mavic 2 Pro again, you have to update the battery FW. Every time you go back and forth, it wants the FW updated. You would think that a Mavic 2 battery FW would work for any Mavic 2.

I never knew that. Very enlightening. I would not have patience for it. Drives me insane just updating all the batteries for each firmware update. How about if you have both a Pro and a Zoom? I have the old Pro and the new Pro so of course they don't even fit.
2020-8-28
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

TrevorSK Posted at 8-28 18:38
I never knew that. Very enlightening. I would not have patience for it. Drives me insane just updating all the batteries for each firmware update. How about if you have both a Pro and a Zoom? I have the old Pro and the new Pro so of course they don't even fit.

I do have a Pro and a Zoom. Going back and forth between those two is not a problem, only when I fly the Enterprise
2020-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules