Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What does FPV means?
1592 5 2020-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_mGfQz7W0zTwU
lvl.2
Sweden

Hello out there!
I have a Mavic 2 pro and the Smart controller. There are two different modes according to the manual: Follow mode and FPV mode.
Can anyone explain what these different modes means and how do I use them. The explanation in the manual doesn`t help me when it for FPV says:
"The gimbal synchronizes with the movement ……..provide a first-person perspective flying experience". What does that mean? And what does Follow mode mean?

Thanks for your help!
Bo
2020-8-3
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FPV stands for 'first person view'. In regards to the M2P it means that the gimbal fixes itself in the same position and moves in line with the movement of the drone. It is best used with goggles to give the effect as if you were in the cockpit.

Follow mode keeps the gimbal aligned to the horizon so as you move the drone in any direction it will remain straight. This is the option you will use most of the time for capturing stills and recording cinematic footage.
2020-8-3
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is a really good video I came across on YT explaining it

2020-8-3
Use props
djiuser_mGfQz7W0zTwU
lvl.2
Sweden

A J Posted at 8-3 12:39
FPV stands for 'first person view'. In regards to the M2P it means that the gimbal fixes itself in the same position and moves in line with the movement of the drone. It is best used with goggles to give the effect as if you were in the cockpit.

Follow mode keeps the gimbal aligned to the horizon so as you move the drone in any direction it will remain straight. This is the option you will use most of the time for capturing stills and recording cinematic footage.

Thank`s for your help!
Bo
2020-8-4
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're welcome
2020-8-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bo. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The difference between the FPV Mode with the Follow Mode is that the image transmission screen will tilt when the left sticks are pushed to the left or right in FPV Mode while the image transmission screen will not in Follow Mode.

1) FPV Mode: The gimbal will synchronize with the movement of the aircraft to provide a first-person perspective flying experience.
2) Follow Mode: The angle between the gimbal’s orientation and aircraft’s nose remains constant at all times.
2020-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules