o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-12-28 12:28
Thanks Ken,
My fan was not running at all when I first checked it. Now I can blow on the fan with  ...

I did notice the ascent and descent speed of my V2 was SLOWER.  Not a big deal to me since I don't race the Inspire around. I'm in California and it was about 65 degrees.
And yes, no battery updates in this version, so no need to update batteries.
2015-12-27
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-27 20:37
I did notice the ascent and descent speed of my V2 was SLOWER.  Not a big deal to me since I don't ...

Hi Ken

I hope this is only the case for the colder weather, although 65 degrees is not really cold. WE have about 43 degrees in Oregon and should be getting down to 24 degrees later in the week
I don't race the Inspire, but it is nice to use the speed if you need it....

Rich
2015-12-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

I was surprised by the slow ascent/descent, but in ATTI mode it still buzzed around pretty good. If people want to have drag races with their Inspires, they may not be happy, but for using it for the intended purposes of flying camera it's awesome.
2015-12-28
Use props
SixtyMike
lvl.2
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-12-27 21:31
Glad this is something of value to you. I asked this question sometime in June and everyone was sa ...

It is very useful as temps here in Georgia stay rather warm.  It's been in the 80's for the past few days and will continue to be warm for the next several.  Back to the 50's and normal by the weekend, though.

Where ya at in Orygun?  I grew up in the Rogue Valley.
2015-12-28
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

SixtyMike Posted at 2015-12-28 09:27
It is very useful as temps here in Georgia stay rather warm.  It's been in the 80's for the past f ...

I live in the Rogue Valley...   its a small world  
So have you updated to latest firmware and if so do you notice any change with the Inspire speed at 80* temperature

Rich
2015-12-28
Use props
SixtyMike
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-12-28 22:41
So have you updated to latest firmware and i ...

Cool.  I grew up out by Emigrant Lake.  Parents live outside of Shady Cove currently.

I can think of a multitude of places I'd like to fly around the Valley.  Any hassle with flying on FS or BLM land these days?  I'd sure like to stand on the top of Pilot Rock (once again) and burn through a few batteries.  Probably covered in snow right now, though.

Still on 1.5 for the next few days while the temps stay high.  Wife and kids are outta town with the inlaws so I've the time to fly before and after work.  Making the most of it 4-5 batteries at a time. Actually 4 now as I've one that needs a deep discharge.  Might get 1.6 loaded tomorrow, definitely by Friday as it will be in chilly this weekend.

Will advise on any perceived changes.
2015-12-28
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-28 03:25
The camera fan is temperature controlled and only comes on when it hits that temperature which is mo ...

Ken,

This is nice to know that the fan is temperature controlled.

Rich,

Just done a test flight after updating to v1.6 all good although I did also notice a reduction in vertical speed.  Apart from that flying great.
2015-12-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

GB44, yes it is a good thing it's temp controlled. Also I see you are up and running on your aircraft, that's great. And before when I suggested looking at the other websites for assistance, we also have DJI reps on Facebook and RCG so all I was saying is there's plenty of help assistance out there.
2015-12-29
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

SixtyMike Posted at 2015-12-28 21:29
Cool.  I grew up out by Emigrant Lake.  Parents live outside of Shady Cove currently.

I can thin ...

You just need to use some common sense and so far I have  talked with the rangers before flying. No Problems... There has not been any water the last few years at the lakes.... but next year it will be great.

I have taken some short videos of Table Rock and the Rogue river, but there are many other areas to explore. Pilot rock has snow 117 inches at Mt Ashland. This area you need to be careful because of the planes using the flight vector over the pass.

I will be in SO CAL next week   should be about 74*

Rich
Rich
2015-12-29
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-29 11:32
GB44, yes it is a good thing it's temp controlled. Also I see you are up and running on your aircraf ...

Hey Ken,

Wish the GO App could tell you when your camera fan is not running or camera temp... maybe what the normal temps should be and when the camera exceeds the normal temp it would prompt you to check the fan.

Rich
2015-12-29
Use props
SixtyMike
lvl.2
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-12-29 19:18
Hey Ken,

Wish the GO App could tell you when your camera fan is not running or camera temp... may ...

Agree that a camera status feed would be of use, especially for an in-operative cooling fan.  
Have fun in SoCal
2015-12-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

If the camera temp gets too hot it will give you a 'gimbal overload" But a temp reading would be cool.
2015-12-30
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-30 09:08
If the camera temp gets too hot it will give you a 'gimbal overload" But a temp reading would be coo ...

Thanks Ken,  I was hoping that the R&D guys could write something that would tell us if the fan was not working.... When you are flying it gets a lot of air cooling   

Rich
2015-12-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-12-31 08:58
Thanks Ken,  I was hoping that the R&D guys could write something that would tell us if the fan wa ...

Ya, I guess they think the "gimbal Overload" message is enough.
At least you can never damage the camera from overheating.
If you feel it gets too hot while updating firmware, playing with the simulator, etc, then you can stick a small house fan to keep it cool.
2015-12-30
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-30 18:11
Ya, I guess they think the "gimbal Overload" message is enough.
At least you can never damage the  ...

Hey Ken,

That's funny you should say that.  that is exactly what I did last summer during the firmware updates... I put a small house fan in front of the inspire to keep it cool!

Rich
2015-12-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-12-31 10:34
Hey Ken,

That's funny you should say that.  that is exactly what I did last summer during the fir ...

I think the cooler it runs, the longer it will last. That's just my own personal opinion.
2015-12-30
Use props
SixtyMike
lvl.2
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-12-28 22:41
So have you updated to latest firmware and i ...

Updated to 1.6 two days ago and flew yesterday in 50 degree temps.  Vertical speed is definitely slower.
Cold weather is finally here in the SE.  
2016-1-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

SixtyMike Posted at 2016-1-4 21:27
Updated to 1.6 two days ago and flew yesterday in 50 degree temps.  Vertical speed is definitely s ...

yes, the vertical ascent and descent are limited now for battery protection. For me I don't mind since I normally just putt around. But I can totally understand speed demons being bummed out.
2016-1-4
Use props
SixtyMike
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-4 12:13
yes, the vertical ascent and descent are limited now for battery protection. For me I don't mind s ...

No worries Ken.  Just an observation and totally expected per the release notes and previous posts.  All is good.  Flew several times yesterday and had a blast as usual.

Next step will be a mapsmadeeasy mission in a couple weeks.  Very interested in mapping with my Inspire.
2016-1-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

SixtyMike Posted at 2016-1-5 06:21
No worries Ken.  Just an observation and totally expected per the release notes and previous posts ...

Ya the Inspire is an incredible machine. I haven't flown my P3 pro since I got my Inspire V2, although the P3 pro is also an awesome machine. The Inspire is just so cool.
2016-1-4
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

SixtyMike Posted at 2016-1-4 05:27
Updated to 1.6 two days ago and flew yesterday in 50 degree temps.  Vertical speed is definitely s ...

thanks for the feedback and I will just go with the flow. I am surprised DJI changed the decent rate because I did not think high descent rates would cause high battery stress....

Rich
2016-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules