Mavic mini motor error
1571 17 2020-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skyhi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1215722 ft
Ireland

while flying my mm I got a motor error on my screen .The drone dropped from the sky and smashed on the ground from 33m/108ft .I have the drone only 4 weeks and have being having a great time with it.I brought the drone back to the shop where I bought it and they are sending it off to dji for me.My thread is more to do with what dji will be looking from me in order to prove that it wasn't pilot error and I get a fair and square replacement.I have the flight logs on my phone but haven't a clue what to do with them any help or advice would be great thanks .
2020-8-4
Use props
djiuser_ZAr0g7JFXick
lvl.2
Flight distance : 811437 ft
Romania

Hi,
I've encountered some issues with the gimbal on my Mavic Mini (gimbal stucked), after two months since i bought it (i used it for only 4 or 5 flights, very very very cautiosly and carefully).  Have sent the drone back to store from i have purchased it (F64 Studio). They told me after 2 weeks that the drone is in Germany at DJI for repairs and i have to pay almost half the drone price for get it done (even i am in  the guarantee period and the drone was left at service with no scratch or other phisical damages/impact marks).
I declined to pay, so now, after more than a month the product was presented to the store service
(which by the way, released me a document that noted that the drone is in very good condition at sending to them) i have no drone back, no repairing, no refund, no warranty.
Very dissapointed and frustrated, never expected such an approach from a global wellknown company.
Anyone else in the same situation? What can i do further on?
Thanks

2020-8-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

We are sorry to hear about the accident happened to your drone, skyhi. Since your drone has been sent to our service center, we will check it when it arrives. If it is conveninet, you can ask the dealer to provide the case number (starts with CAS-) to you and send it to us, we'd love to keep an eye on it.
And for the motor speed error, it may be related to the propellers, when the propellers are bent or damaged, the aircraft propulsion may be reduced and not perform as intended. The new Mavic Mini propeller safety inspection feature is capable of detecting this and sending a notification to the pilot with a “Motor Speed Error” message. It is suggested to change the propellers if they are damaged or bent.
Please check out this thread for the details of this error: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=214705
2020-8-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_ZAr0g7JFXick Posted at 8-4 05:55
Hi,
I've encountered some issues with the gimbal on my Mavic Mini (gimbal stucked), after two months since i bought it (i used it for only 4 or 5 flights, very very very cautiosly and carefully).  Have sent the drone back to store from i have purchased it (F64 Studio). They told me after 2 weeks that the drone is in Germany at DJI for repairs and i have to pay almost half the drone price for get it done (even i am in  the guarantee period and the drone was left at service with no scratch or other phisical damages/impact marks).
I declined to pay, so now, after more than a month the product was presented to the store service

I am sorry for the difficulties you had encountered, rest assure, I am here and will do my best to help.
Could you please ask the dealer to provide the case number (CAS-) and send it to me? I'll check the details of the case in our system. Look forward to hearing back from you.
2020-8-4
Use props
djiuser_ZAr0g7JFXick
lvl.2
Romania

DJI Susan Posted at 8-4 19:26
I am sorry for the difficulties you had encountered, rest assure, I am here and will do my best to help.
Could you please ask the dealer to provide the case number (CAS-) and send it to me? I'll check the details of the case in our system. Look forward to hearing back from you.

Hi,

Thank you for your promt answer!

The case number is CAS-4596896-S5V4N7 and the registration number from the seller is RMA 1012508 (in case you would need it).

Looking forward hearing some good news from you!

Thank you!
2020-8-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_ZAr0g7JFXick Posted at 8-4 23:22
Hi,

Thank you for your promt answer!

Hi there, thank you for your prompt response, as per the damage assessment, the case was not covered under warranty because of the physical damages on the gimbal, you can check the damage assessment picture at this site: https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTrace
I will ask the local team to double-check. At the same time, please provide your contact info to me so and try to escalate your case to the higher department if necessary.
2020-8-5
Use props
djiuser_ZAr0g7JFXick
lvl.2
Romania

DJI Susan Posted at 8-5 01:38
Hi there, thank you for your prompt response, as per the damage assessment, the case was not covered under warranty because of the physical damages on the gimbal, you can check the damage assessment picture at this site: https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTrace
I will ask the local team to double-check. At the same time, please provide your contact info to me so and try to escalate your case to the higher department if necessary.

Hi,

The DJI Ge informed us about the existance of a physical damage on the gimbal, but as we've mentioned we did not hit in any way the drone, more than that we handle it with exagerated gentleness. As also had noticed (in written) the person who received the drone in the seller's behalf.
We do not know what happened after we left the product in the store and on the way to service to Germany.

The first info regarding the status of repair came after 2 weeks. In spite of our questions on how such a damage could occure, we did not receive any clarifications. We also have a picture of the product that was taken before delivering the drone to the service, showing an intact physical drone.

The drone, as we all know, has an anti impact sensor on below surface, so how can we hit it during usage? (from what we saw the gimbal is damaged on the below side).

As contact data please use the following mail adress: stelian.banoti@madsmartadvertising.ro

Thank you
20200602_143946.jpg
20200713_221744.jpg
2020-8-5
Use props
djiuser_ZAr0g7JFXick
lvl.2
Romania

Additionally, I would like to mention that we are very upset and dissapointed that we have to pay for the reparation, since we didn't harm the drone in any way.
We assure you that if it was our fault, we wouldn't have had any problem to pay for the repairing.

We've found out from the internet and forums that other Mini users have encountered the same issue (gimbal stuck), and the sollution in their case was repairing/replacement of the drone in waranty.

All that we are kindly asking is for our drone to be repaired in waranty.

Looking forward to hearing best from you!
2020-8-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_ZAr0g7JFXick Posted at 8-5 02:28
Additionally, I would like to mention that we are very upset and dissapointed that we have to pay for the reparation, since we didn't harm the drone in any way.
We assure you that if it was our fault, we wouldn't have had any problem to pay for the repairing.

Thank you for getting back to me. Just to clarify, if there is no damage sign on the drone/gimbal, the issue is not caused by the pilot, within the warranty period, the issue is covered under warranty.
In your case, as there are physical damages to the gimbal, based on this assessment, it is not a warranty case.
I have escalated your case to our managerial department for further assistance. They will check on it and provide an update on your case.
2020-8-5
Use props
djiuser_ZAr0g7JFXick
lvl.2
Romania

DJI Susan Posted at 8-5 02:59
Thank you for getting back to me. Just to clarify, if there is no damage sign on the drone/gimbal, the issue is not caused by the pilot, within the warranty period, the issue is covered under warranty.
In your case, as there are physical damages to the gimbal, based on this assessment, it is not a warranty case.
I have escalated your case to our managerial department for further assistance. They will check on it and provide an update on your case.

Hi,
Thank you for sending the case forward.

I understand that if the drone is damaged by the pilot, there is no waranty.
But I've sent the drone without any physical damage (mentioned in the document released by the seller when sending the drone to service), and it arrived with physical damage in the service.

How could they say there is my fault for the damage?

Thank you!
2020-8-5
Use props
skyhi
lvl.2
Ireland

Thanks Susan will try and get the case number.
2020-8-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_ZAr0g7JFXick Posted at 8-5 04:06
Hi,
Thank you for sending the case forward.

I understand your feeling, I had escalated your case to the higher department for further assistance on your case. They will contact you soon regarding your case.
2020-8-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

skyhi Posted at 8-5 05:30
Thanks Susan will try and get the case number.

Thank you, please keep us updated.
2020-8-5
Use props
djiuser_ZAr0g7JFXick
lvl.2
Romania

DJI Susan Posted at 8-5 23:29
I understand your feeling, I had escalated your case to the higher department for further assistance on your case. They will contact you soon regarding your case.

Thank you very much!
2020-8-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

You're welcome, hope your case will be sorted out soon.
2020-8-7
Use props
djiuser_ZAr0g7JFXick
lvl.2
Romania

DJI Susan Posted at 8-7 18:43
You're welcome, hope your case will be sorted out soon.

Hi, Susan,
First of all, I would like to thank you very much for your support.
Olso I would like to thank Dji for the endorsement on my case.
I ensure you once again of my consideration and sincere appreciation.
2020-8-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_ZAr0g7JFXick Posted at 8-8 08:49
Hi, Susan,
First of all, I would like to thank you very much for your support.
Olso I would like to thank Dji for the endorsement on my case.

We much appreciate your kind words about our customer service, which gave us motivation and confidence to keep moving, please feel free to let us know if you have any concern, we are always here to help.
2020-8-9
Use props
skyhi
lvl.2

IMG-20200907-WA0000.jpg Hello Susan can you please review CAS-4758600-S4B5G9.I didnt recieve any explaiation as why my drone fell from the sky just an invoice for the repairs.As per the posts please have a look at the flyght logs attached Thank you.
IMG-20200907-WA0000.jpg
Screenshot_20200907_152151_com.airdata.uav.app.jpg
IMG-20200907-WA0000.jpg
Screenshot_20200907_152202_com.airdata.uav.app (1).jpg
2020-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules