o(^-^)o
shredder777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 114928 ft
United States

I had to repost this as I am furious!

Case No.

CAS-4673789-Y3Z3D0

I been flying your drones for 3 years and I am quite disappointed in your qualities in your mavic 2 pro batteries.  I also have the Mavic pro and it has WAY more flight time on the batteries then my newer drones with no issues!

I had 2 batteries fail out of the 5 batteries I own from the mavic 2 pro and zoom! .  I sent these batteries in to get repaired and I get a bill for $324?   How is that possible after these batteries are not a year old at the most and I have the other 3 I been using for the same amount of time.   There is NOOOO WAY I will spend that money if it's not my fault the batteries failed!  Your update did something to these batteries as they charge fine and the software in the batteries got corrupted from your updates!!!!!  One of the batteries that failed I was filming for a movie and I seen the update and my partner was like NOOO, dont update because it might kill something!  Sure enough, I updated the next day and I get a battery error!!!!!!!

Send my batteries back and I will guarantee I wont buy another DJI product and I WILL go to a different brand. I love my mavics and this is a software issue!  I spent over $6000 in drones and your products and I was planning on upgrading to a inspire 2 for our future film projects.   I can't imagine getting a email I need to buy $1000 for batteries from your errors.

So, either you repair them or send them back... Thanks!

From DJI_SUPPORT..

"Dear customer, We regret that the service is not covered by warranty based on the results of damage assessment, please find details as follow: Out of warranty We will either repair it or replace it with a product that’s new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability after payment has been received. For more information, please visit (http://www.dji.com/service/policy)"

REALLY?  No reason why?  These batteries were killed by your UPDATE!

2020-8-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I am sorry for the issue, shredder777. I understand your frustration. I had checked your case, as per the serial number of the batteries, one was activated on September 2018, the other was activated on February 2019.
Since you mentioned the issue happened after the update, I will escalate your case to the higher department for further assistance on it. We will provide you with an update on your case asap in working hours.
2020-8-4
Use props
shredder777
lvl.3
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 8-4 19:44
I am sorry for the issue, shredder777. I understand your frustration. I had checked your case, as per the serial number of the batteries, one was activated on September 2018, the other was activated on February 2019.
Since you mentioned the issue happened after the update, I will escalate your case to the higher department for further assistance on it. We will provide you with an update on your case asap in working hours.

Thank you Susan.  The batteries may be older than I thought but, they shouldn't have no more than 28 flights.  I know one has 8 and it wasn't a problem until the 2 updates.   Since I have had multiple batteries, they have barely any wear on them.  

The september 18th one was from my other Pro 2 and the other is from the ZOOM.   I know 100% it has to be software issue. or is it the connection between the drone and the battery?   I heard I should get at least 100 flights per battery.  in that case, I would budge on buying one even with the software issue.  The warranty shouldnt matter on batteries if you take care of them and they have low flight hours on them.   I hope DJI supports all this as I am a loyal customer.

Thank you again..
2020-8-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

shredder777 Posted at 8-4 19:55
Thank you Susan.  The batteries may be older than I thought but, they shouldn't have no more than 28 flights.  I know one has 8 and it wasn't a problem until the 2 updates.   Since I have had multiple batteries, they have barely any wear on them.  

The september 18th one was from my other Pro 2 and the other is from the ZOOM.   I know 100% it has to be software issue. or is it the connection between the drone and the battery?   I heard I should get at least 100 flights per battery.  in that case, I would budge on buying one even with the software issue.  The warranty shouldnt matter on batteries if you take care of them and they have low flight hours on them.   I hope DJI supports all this as I am a loyal customer.

I understand you are our valued customers, I had forwarded your case to the designated department, Let's wait for the update.
2020-8-4
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

You're not alone. Since the last update I have had to batteries swell.
neither has more than 50 flights. Really disappointing. I had my MP
for 3 plus year and never had a battery swell. Now I have had two
zoom battery swell in a matter of weeks.
2020-8-5
Use props
shredder777
lvl.3
United States

Woe Posted at 8-5 06:06
You're not alone. Since the last update I have had to batteries swell.
neither has more than 50 flights. Really disappointing. I had my MP
for 3 plus year and never had a battery swell. Now I have had two

Wow! I really believe its software!  That sucks you went through this!  I hope they figure this out.. I am just bummed they made me feel I neglected my batteries..  The batteries were perfectly fine. especially the battery I got in September.   I use to fly aerobatic R/C heli's like the Align 600 and 500's and I know all about the batteries and balancing them.  Never had a issue and I flew my heli's hard!  For this to happen, it makes no sense.    I hope they do the right thing..
2020-8-6
Use props
kn0xster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 266198 ft
United Kingdom

Yes, I had an issue with one of my batteries that was reporting wrong information. This led to the the drone producing ESC errors and then disappearing into a pond where it was not able to be retrieved. All DJI Support would offer was a replacement of the drone itself (no battery) for the 50 euro less than you can buy the full 'Mavic Air Fly More Combo' online or at your local DJI reseller.

Battery / ESC Error - Mavic Gone
2020-8-6
Use props
Sean_Shredz
lvl.3
United States

kn0xster Posted at 8-6 01:33
Yes, I had an issue with one of my batteries that was reporting wrong information. This led to the the drone producing ESC errors and then disappearing into a pond where it was not able to be retrieved. All DJI Support would offer was a replacement of the drone itself (no battery) for the 50 euro less than you can buy the full 'Mavic Air Fly More Combo' online or at your local DJI reseller.

Battery / ESC Error - Mavic Gone

Sorry man! I read what you went through... hopefully they will make this right.  
2020-8-6
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

shredder777 Posted at 8-6 01:26
Wow! I really believe its software!  That sucks you went through this!  I hope they figure this out.. I am just bummed they made me feel I neglected my batteries..  The batteries were perfectly fine. especially the battery I got in September.   I use to fly aerobatic R/C heli's like the Align 600 and 500's and I know all about the batteries and balancing them.  Never had a issue and I flew my heli's hard!  For this to happen, it makes no sense.    I hope they do the right thing..

Same here. I hope it gets sorted out.
2020-8-6
Use props
Sean_Shredz
lvl.3
United States

THANK YOU DJI!  Thank you for agreeing to replace or repair the batteries.  I appreciate your customer service!
2020-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules