Unable to Calibrate IMU
1111 7 2020-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ggaskins
lvl.1
United States

Please help!

I have a dj Phatom 4 that I can't get to calibrate.  It worked fine about a year ago and now I can't get it to calibrate.  I tried several times but I keep getting the follwoing error:
IMU1: Calibration Failed: Automatic Orentation Error. (Error Code -50 and IMU 2: Calibrating IMU (Error Code 1).   I have tried it outdoors and indoors on the floor and on a table.  I also tried recalibrating the compass (which worked fine), but still get same errors.  

2020-8-4
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

How long has it been since you last flew?
2020-8-4
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

the IMU calibration of the Phantom series must be done with a cold battery and in room temperature.
2020-8-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there ggaskins. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to restore factory defaults then refresh the firmware of your aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2. You can reboot the unit after using the DJI Assistant 2 and recalibrate the IMU as well as the compass. However, if this troubleshooting steps will not work I'm afraid that we have to put the said drone into our DJI service for further assessment. Please see the link for you to download the firmware. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... t-dji-2-for-phantom
2020-8-4
Use props
ggaskins
lvl.1
United States

JetSam Posted at 8-4 21:53
How long has it been since you last flew?

I was April 19, 2019.
2020-8-7
Use props
ggaskins
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-4 23:17
Hello there ggaskins. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to restore factory defaults then refresh the firmware of your aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2. You can reboot the unit after using the DJI Assistant 2 and recalibrate the IMU as well as the compass. However, if this troubleshooting steps will not work I'm afraid that we have to put the said drone into our DJI service for further assessment. Please see the link for you to download the firmware. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-phantom

I restored to factory defaults and refreshed the firmware and i'm still getting the same.  I do I put my drone into service for further assessment?
2020-8-7
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

ggaskins Posted at 8-7 09:27
I restored to factory defaults and refreshed the firmware and i'm still getting the same.  I do I put my drone into service for further assessment?

I would do it
2020-8-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

ggaskins Posted at 8-7 09:27

Hi there ggaskins. Thank you for the reply and for giving this update with us. Since you have done multiple troubleshooting steps to fix the said issue but still the issue persists. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at  https://www.dji.com/support for us to be able to assist you further. Again, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for your understanding.
2020-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules