2020-8-4
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634505 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hooray!,,,

Finally. Now if we can get the smart controller to control the drone.
2020-8-4
Use props
a.yd.w.
lvl.2

Canada

I'm running into an issue where the normal-mode yaw smoothness setting has no effect; every other setting under Advanced Gimbal Control in every mode is working as expected, just having problems with yaw smoothness in normal mode.  Anyone else experiencing the same problem?
MA2 on iOS
2020-8-4
Use props
FlyRacer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 281880 ft
  • >>>
Germany

ET214 Posted at 8-4 21:01
Hooray!,,,

Finally. Now if we can get the smart controller to control the drone.

I think we will wait for it a long time
2020-8-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for this information you have shared about the DJI FLy Application 1.1.6 for iOS. The said update was released on August 05,2020 and here is what’s new on the said DJI Fly application: Thank you.

- Updates the display logic for battery and flight time alerts.
- Adds Advanced Gimbal Settings (for DJI Mavic Air 2).
- Fixes app crashing issues and improves overall stability.
2020-8-4
Use props
MH Janabi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34285 ft
United Arab Emirates

Does this update now allow for more cinematic movement for gimble like what it is available in Mavic mini?
2020-8-5
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

waiting for Android.....
2020-8-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

MH Janabi Posted at 8-5 00:05
Does this update now allow for more cinematic movement for gimble like what it is available in Mavic mini?

Except it has more than mini now. But Air2 was pretty cinematic already. Nice new battery icon on telemetry.
2020-8-5
Use props
MOSES B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5922349 ft
Greece

And in Greece today.
I will try it tomorrow in my vacations.
2020-8-5
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Works great - just returned and noticed it between flights so updated and went to another location to test it. Silky smooth controls - though I can't see the flight time counter?
2020-8-5
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Some cool. New features
2020-8-5
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JJB* Posted at 8-5 04:56
waiting for Android.....

Android came out first. Wait no longer
2020-8-5
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

MOSES B. Posted at 8-5 07:09
And in Greece today.
I will try it tomorrow in my vacations.

Android or IOS?
2020-8-5
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Still waiting for both in Canada, I think Google and Apple think we are a third world country .... Grrrrr.
2020-8-5
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

** update ** it just showed up for me in the Canadian App store ...  downloading.
2020-8-5
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

a.yd.w. Posted at 8-4 21:31
I'm running into an issue where the normal-mode yaw smoothness setting has no effect; every other setting under Advanced Gimbal Control in every mode is working as expected, just having problems with yaw smoothness in normal mode.  Anyone else experiencing the same problem?
MA2 on iOS

Yes...there's no change in Yaw Smoothness effect when I move the slider.  In fact, there doesn't seem to be any coast down at all in the entire range.
2020-8-5
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 8-5 07:56
Works great - just returned and noticed it between flights so updated and went to another location to test it. Silky smooth controls - though I can't see the flight time counter?

Touch the battery count down icon, and the drop down should appear with the additional info
2020-8-5
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 8-5 23:01
Touch the battery count down icon, and the drop down should appear with the additional info

It did on 1.1.5 but on 1.1.6 its been replaced with countdown timers as to how much time is left until the battery reaches low battery RTH, critical battery level and full depletion. I can not see the flight time counter anywhere now.
2020-8-5
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 8-5 23:01

It did on 1.1.5 but on 1.1.6 its been replaced with countdown timers as to how much time is left until the battery reaches low battery RTH, critical battery level and full depletion. I can not see the flight time counter anywhere now.
2020-8-5
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

ET214 Posted at 8-5 13:36
Android came out first. Wait no longer

not in my country.....
2020-8-6
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Both. I  use IOS. But I heard about Android first.
Now get the Smart Controller to use the MA2 and everything will be good.
2020-8-6
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JJB* Posted at 8-6 00:10
not in my country.....

Oh... i am sorry. Maybe soon.
2020-8-6
Use props
Smashey1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173422 ft
Ireland

A J Posted at 8-5 23:04
It did on 1.1.5 but on 1.1.6 its been replaced with countdown timers as to how much time is left until the battery reaches low battery RTH, critical battery level and full depletion. I can not see the flight time counter anywhere now.

Hi A J

Sorry if I'm missing the obvious but are we talking about the timer that sat next to the battery symbol in version 1.1.5? That's still showing on my screen, next to the new battery graphic. It seems to be a mimic of the time to full depletion value as before. I'm using the iOS app.
I also seem to be having a different experience to some members with regards the yaw rate control in normal mode. I can vary the degrees per second rate and the smoothness in all three operating modes and the effect is mirrored by the movement of the drone.
Firmware on the drone remains at .250 so I'm not sure why mine is working as advertised when others have issues - unless they are using Andriod OS.
2020-8-6
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Smashey1 Posted at 8-6 10:16
Hi A J

Sorry if I'm missing the obvious but are we talking about the timer that sat next to the battery symbol in version 1.1.5? That's still showing on my screen, next to the new battery graphic. It seems to be a mimic of the time to full depletion value as before. I'm using the iOS app.

If you tapped the battery symbol in 1.1.5 it showed the flight time from arming to disarming the motors. 1.1.6 does not show it anymore.

FW .390 is still pending but just updating the app to 1.1.6 with the current FW .250 gives you all of the features you already have. The locked feature to stop the drone rolling left/right seems to be part of the pending FW. I too use iOS and have no issues with the smoothness of the YAW.
2020-8-6
Use props
Smashey1
lvl.4
Ireland

A J Posted at 8-6 10:46
If you tapped the battery symbol in 1.1.5 it showed the flight time from arming to disarming the motors. 1.1.6 does not show it anymore.

FW .390 is still pending but just updating the app to 1.1.6 with the current FW .250 gives you all of the features you already have. The locked feature to stop the drone rolling left/right seems to be part of the pending FW. I too use iOS and have no issues with the smoothness of the YAW.

Thanks for clarifying - I hadn’t  spotted that info on the older app version.
2020-8-6
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Smashey1 Posted at 8-6 11:55
Thanks for clarifying - I hadn’t  spotted that info on the older app version.

No probs - the new app version is a marked improvement in many ways - the loss of the flight time counter is the only negative but you can still see your flight times in the flight recorder of profile section of the app after you have landed.
2020-8-6
Use props
jcmarceau
lvl.2
Flight distance : 480623 ft
Canada

MA2 on iOS
I have the same issue I am talking about it on mavic forum.
The yaw smoothness on normal mode doesn’t work at all...even if you change the slider position to have more or less smoothness...it doesn’t change anything. Sport mode and tripod are ok and buy the way the 3 mode are working properly on android
2020-8-6
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

A J Posted at 8-6 12:30
No probs - the new app version is a marked improvement in many ways - the loss of the flight time counter is the only negative but you can still see your flight times in the flight recorder of profile section of the app after you have landed.

Is there cell voltage and temperature indicator available? I found it very handy, it would be bad to loose it with fw. update...
2020-8-7
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

virtual Posted at 8-7 01:06
Is there cell voltage and temperature indicator available? I found it very handy, it would be bad to loose it with fw. update...

Yes there is mate but now in its own section of the options menu under 'battery info'. It shows more details of the individual cells with voltage readings under each and the overall voltage of the whole battery pack in addition to the temperature and month/year of manufacture and serial number.  
2020-8-7
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

A J Posted at 8-7 01:10
Yes there is mate but now in its own section of the options menu under 'battery info'. It shows more details of the individual cells with voltage readings under each and the overall voltage of the whole battery pack in addition to the temperature and month/year of manufacture and serial number.

Good news, thank You!
I'm still on 115 ver but now I look forward to upgrade (one touch to display this info was probably better IMPOV but no problem for me)...
2020-8-7
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

virtual Posted at 8-7 01:33
Good news, thank You!
I'm still on 115 ver but now I look forward to upgrade (one touch to display this info was probably better IMPOV but no problem for me)...

So looking at it in more detail I've also noticed that if you selected 4K60 or 1080p240 it auto selected H.265 then remains in that codec even after choosing a lower frame rate when using v1.1.5. I lost a lot of footage in the earlier days of flying the MA2 because of that as my MacBook can't handle H.265.

With the new update it auto selects H.264 now after changing the frame rate back to 30p or less in 4K. That's a nice little improvement.
2020-8-7
Use props
Smashey1
lvl.4
Ireland

jcmarceau Posted at 8-6 16:29
I have the same issue I am talking about it on mavic forum.
The yaw smoothness on normal mode doesn’t work at all...even if you change the slider position to have more or less smoothness...it doesn’t change anything. Sport mode and tripod are ok and buy the way the 3 mode are working properly on android

Hi
As noted above, I'd tested that out with my MA2 after several posts claiming the feature didn't work for them. I have the ability to alter yaw speed and the reaction time to control inputs in each of the flight modes. The only reports of problems on this thread seem to be coming from the North American market so I wonder if it just applies to drones with the ADS-B feature?

2020-8-7
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

I've seen several people note they had issues with Yaw Smoothness not working in Normal mode.  I have a 6s iPhone and I have the same problem.  No yaw smoothness throughout the entire range of the slider...just an abrupt stop when I come off the control.  Surprisingly, I was in Pano last night (still in Normal mode) and yaw smoothness was working when I repositioned the MA2 for each new Pano.  
2020-8-7
Use props
Daviewolf83
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41220 ft
United States

MA2 on iOS

I just tested it on my MA2 with iOS and I have seeing the same issue you are reporting. The Yaw smoothness setting is not working in Normal mode.  I set the Yaw smoothness to the highest and lowest values and it has no effect. The MA2 comes to an abrupt stop when going left or right and shows no effect.

This definitely seems to be legitimate bug in the iOS version of the software that DJI needs to correct in a future release.
2020-8-7
Use props
jcmarceau
lvl.2
Flight distance : 480623 ft
Canada

Daviewolf83 Posted at 8-7 07:40
I just tested it on my MA2 with iOS and I have seeing the same issue you are reporting. The Yaw smoothness setting is not working in Normal mode.  I set the Yaw smoothness to the highest and lowest values and it has no effect. The MA2 comes to an abrupt stop when going left or right and shows no effect.

This definitely seems to be legitimate bug in the iOS version of the software that DJI needs to correct in a future release.

Hello
this is an update to the yaw smoothness not working.... I did few test with Android and IOS phones and when APAS is switch to on position you cannot change the yaw smoothness even is you play with the slider in the app. When you switch APAS off then you are able to vary the yaw smoothness in normal mode  ....sport and tripod mode are not affected they work even if APAS is on or off. I find this bizarre that you can't change the yaw smoothness when APAS IS ON with normal mode ..... Don't you?
2020-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules