Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Poor pixelated image quality
1669 6 2020-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sergiy P
lvl.2

Ukraine

Hi, it seems I have a problem with Mavic 2 Zoom. It definitely  appears when I take photos or video of the objects with very smooth  color change like sky or water. It looks like it has very low quality,  very noisy, pixelated, rough color change with very visible edges. I  uploaded some examples here  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1YsFg5KxyjCRxPHcc0DMQupwPHUISLGAs?usp=sharing.  Some photos and one video. 0780_ has marks to help to see the problem.  Pay attention to water and sky. Video looks just terrible, it also blinks. Video -  h.265, 4K 30fps.
Is it a warranty case? Or why does it happen?
2020-8-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please try resetting the camera settings to isolate the issue. If issue persists, please try flying the drone in a different location with better lighting. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-8-5
Use props
Sergiy P
lvl.2

Ukraine

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-5 10:36
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please try resetting the camera settings to isolate the issue. If issue persists, please try flying the drone in a different location with better lighting. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Hello DJI Paladin, as you see from the pictures I took photos at different locations with different lighting conditions, from evening to bright sunny day. I use manual mode with ISO 100, with contrast -1, sharpness 0 and saturation 0. photos are taken with AEB 3 (all 3 with such effect). There is actually nothing else to adjust to make images better. I did try higher contrast, sharpness and saturation, but that makes things even worse. images still look like old cameraphones.
For videos even with locked AE it seems like drone still tries to adjust it - exposure changes.
I doubt I missed any other important settings.
I shouldn't be such dissatisfying for such drone price. Any other ideas, except replacing the drone?
2020-8-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Sergiy P Posted at 8-5 22:06
Hello DJI Paladin, as you see from the pictures I took photos at different locations with different lighting conditions, from evening to bright sunny day. I use manual mode with ISO 100, with contrast -1, sharpness 0 and saturation 0. photos are taken with AEB 3 (all 3 with such effect). There is actually nothing else to adjust to make images better. I did try higher contrast, sharpness and saturation, but that makes things even worse. images still look like old cameraphones.
For videos even with locked AE it seems like drone still tries to adjust it - exposure changes.

I am sorry to know that the issue still persists. With regards to this concern. May I know did the image came from the SD card in the drone or from the DJI Go 4 application? Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-8-7
Use props
Sergiy P
lvl.2

Ukraine

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-7 11:16
I am sorry to know that the issue still persists. With regards to this concern. May I know did the image came from the SD card in the drone or from the DJI Go 4 application? Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Yes, of course, all the images are taken directly from SD card, posted photos and video are originals.
2020-8-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Sergiy P Posted at 8-5 22:06

images still look like old cameraphones

You are using a camera with a small sensor just like an old camera phone.
Try shooting with a subject much closer to the camera and in good light.
At least some of the problem is the subject matter too.
Try a subject with hard detail rather than million of leaves or distant water.
2020-8-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Sergiy P Posted at 8-8 00:17
Yes, of course, all the images are taken directly from SD card, posted photos and video are originals.

Thank you for the additional information. With regards to this concern. Kindly please contact our DJI support team to further diagnose the cause of the issue and a proper resolution will be provided. Again, I am sorry for the trouble. Thank you.
2020-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules