Mavic Mini will be supported on Crystal Sky! Read this!
4083 14 2020-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Hello All,

Exciting news!

I just heard that Litchi and a new company called Dronelink will both work on the Crystal Sky Monitor and support the Mavic Mini! Both softwares will work on 32 bit archetecture devices such as the Crystal Sky. DJI finally released the SDK code and both companies saud they will support the Mavic Mini.  Great news! I believe Dronelink may have it out now or soon so check out their website.

This is great news for any of us who have been patiently waiting to fly the Mavic Mini. In my case it was bought as a gift but I could not fly it as my tablets were all 32 bit such as the Crystal Sky.

DJI, please dont insult us and give us a warning about warrenty violations. You guys should have supported your devices from the start! Your a disapointment for sure!

2020-8-5
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

The Latest from Dronelink regarding supported devices

Dronelink works on the web, iOS, Android, and DJI monitors including the Smart Controller, CrystalSky, and P4P+. We designed a custom flight controller from the ground up in order to provide the best possible experience across all platforms. Not only does this avoid the limitations of using DJI’s onboard flight controller, but it also ensures identical results on all devices.

Drones
  • DJI Mavic Series
    • Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual
    • Mavic 2 Enterprise
    • Mavic 2 Pro
    • Mavic 2 Zoom
    • Mavic Pro
    • Mavic Air
    • Mavic Mini
  • DJI Phantom Series
    • P4 Multispectral
    • Phantom 4 RTK
    • Phantom 4 Pro V2
    • Phantom 4 Pro
    • Phantom 4 Advanced
    • Phantom 4
    • Phantom 3 Professional
    • Phantom 3 Advanced
    • Phantom 3 Standard
    • Phantom 3 4K
  • DJI Inspire Series
    • Inspire 2
    • Inspire 1 V2
    • Inspire 1 Pro
    • Inspire 1
  • DJI M200 Series
    • M200 V2
    • M210 V2
    • M210
    • M210 RTK V2
    • M210 RTK
  • DJI Matrice Series
    • Matrice 300 RTK
    • Matrice 600 Pro
    • Matrice 600
    • Matrice 100
  • DJI Spark (must be wired to RC)
  • Parrot Anafi (experimental support, iOS only)

2020-8-5
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

At the moment, Dronelink version 8 (which supports the MM) for me won't install on the CS as I suspect it's a 64bit app  
If you look at the naming convention it has "64" in it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... oJwowDD_VCAWnb/view

Version 7 however does install and work, if you look at the naming convention Version 7 has "Armeabi" in the name which is a 32bit arch which does not support floating  point operations, not safe for multi-thread operations and generally not  used on multi-cpu devices. This suggests that ver 7 is a 32bit app and that is why it installs and works on the CS.

https://support.dronelink.com/hc ... pp-on-DJI-monitors-

I think we might be out of luck with Dronelink for the Mavic Mini working on the CS,  if they only develop a 64bit version then we'll have the same problem as DJI Fly

Also the Dronelink UI is messy and the camera view is only a part of the screen on the CS. it's not full screen like the DJI GO4

2020-8-6
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing.
2020-8-7
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great info - thanks
2020-8-7
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

lannes Posted at 8-6 23:09
At the moment, Dronelink version 8 (which supports the MM) for me won't install on the CS as I suspect it's a 64bit app  
If you look at the naming convention it has "64" in it.

Captain, no problem with the Crystal Sky. Drone Link makes a 32 bit version that works well. If you got to Dronelinks website you need to look up support for DJI monitors  and they will have a step by step on setting up Drone Link for the Crystal Sky. It also suplies the links to all the software required (APK's) Let me know if you need the link?
2020-8-9
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

More Updated News! Litchi is now Beta testing support for the Mavic Mini. I believe they will be the next to support the Mavic Mini thus allowing us to use our Crystal Sky with the Mini! Great stuff.
In the meantime DJI cant even support it's own device. They have come out with nothing but false promises, Yea , I know DJI, "our engineers are working on it!"
2020-8-9
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

jazzyjeff Posted at 8-9 11:39
Captain, no problem with the Crystal Sky. Drone Link makes a 32 bit version that works well. If you got to Dronelinks website you need to look up support for DJI monitors  and they will have a step by step on setting up Drone Link for the Crystal Sky. It also suplies the links to all the software required (APK's) Let me know if you need the link?

Have you got a version of Dronelink that works with the MM on the CS ?

Can you please share the link ?

Dronelink in general is not that great on the CS

https://support.dronelink.com/hc ... link-and-Crystalsky

2020-8-9
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

lannes Posted at 8-9 21:06
Have you got a version of Dronelink that works with the MM on the CS ?

Can you please share the link ?

Iannes,

Try this, Make sure you install all the elements,,there is 4 of them. Just an FYI, Google Play services will stop and you just need to force stop it as the directions indicate. It is just needed to get the application working. So far its working OK. Heres the download link;

https://support.dronelink.com/hc ... pp-on-DJI-monitors-
2020-8-10
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

jazzyjeff Posted at 8-10 07:58
Iannes,

Try this, Make sure you install all the elements,,there is 4 of them. Just an FYI, Google Play services will stop and you just need to force stop it as the directions indicate. It is just needed to get the application working. So far its working OK. Heres the download link;

Thanks for the link

Unfortunately that's version 7 which has no support for the Mavic Mini

I don't think they have a 32bit version that works on the CS and supports the MM, that was the reason for my earlier post.

2020-8-10
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

lannes Posted at 8-10 18:04
Thanks for the link

Unfortunately that's version 7 which has no support for the Mavic Mini

Iannes, I was told that the 32 bit version will in fact work with the Mini. I will check the support forums. Were you told differently?
2020-8-10
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

jazzyjeff Posted at 8-10 18:47
Iannes, I was told that the 32 bit version will in fact work with the Mini. I will check the support forums. Where you told differently?

I just got it working by reinstalling the google services.

I can confirm version 1.7.0 (1102) of Dronelink works with the Mavic Mini on the CS
2020-8-10
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

lannes Posted at 8-10 20:39
I just got it working by reinstalling the google services.

I can confirm version 1.7.0 (1102) of Dronelink works with the Mavic Mini on the CS

You sort of threw me for a loop because all the info on the website said it did. I am glad it is working for you. Thats great news! The only thing I could not figure out was where there was a return to home button on the real time flight control screen?
2020-8-10
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

jazzyjeff Posted at 8-10 20:43
You sort of threw me for a loop because all the info on the website said it did. I am glad it is working for you. Thats great news! The only thing I could not figure out was where there was a return to home button on the real time flight control screen?

Yes, can't find the RTH settings

How do you change the settings, the drop down menu's only appear to be statuses.
Where do you change the flight modes e.g. sport, normal and cinesmooth ?
Are these done in the web page ?

Also bottom right hand section  of the camera view is cut off

Can you free fly with Dronelink or do you have create plans and fly the routes ?
2020-8-10
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Iannes,

I have not played with DroneLink so far but if you look at the top right of the screen you will see the little bird like symbol. If you push that, it will take you to a flight control screen.

Thats should get you in there.
2020-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules