Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Safely removing stuck low-noise propellers from P4P V2?
1390 12 2020-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
P4PAUS
lvl.1

United States

I've seen a couple of posts of folks having trouble removing new low-noise props from new P4P V2 Phantoms, but no real advice other than "try harder" (until the new propeller mounts become worn).

I have a new P4P V2 and for the life of me can't seem to remove the black-dot low-noise props.  I've had to leave the UAS behind on a trip, because I can't remove the props to get it back in the storage case for transport

I've tried a pair of channel locks with a rubber jar opener, and have only managed to scratch the outside of the motor cases, which was supremely frustrating.

We have an older P4P at work with the regular props and don't have this issue at all.

Any ideas out there?

2020-8-5
Use props
JetSam
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Check this video ,maybe changing Plastic parts for metal parts solve the Problem

The white plastic propeller mount of Phantom 4 that holds your propeller is likely to be broken because : 1. worn out after a while especially the the motor will generate heat while running. 2. crack due to crash or even just a non-critical hit 3. crack due to extreme weather condition

2020-8-6
Use props
JetSam
First Officer
Spain

Welcome  P4PAUS and hope it helps !
2020-8-6
Use props
JetSam
First Officer
Spain

https://store.dji.com/es/product ... ng-plate-cw-and-ccw
2020-8-6
Use props
ATJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

I'm sure your aware-to remove the props with the black rings (black-dot low-noise props)-you have to turn them clockwise.
2020-8-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please press down the propeller and rotate in the unlock direction. For more information, please refer to the image posted below for attaching and detaching the DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2 Propellers. Thank you.

2020-8-6
Use props
DJR00
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8817585 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you using DJI Brand Props or after market ?
2020-8-6
Use props
Mr. Strat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4542854 ft
United States

Mine were difficult to get on and off when it was new, but now after several months I usually don't have a problem. I did buy a strap wrench (rubber of course) which helped. And I still use it rarely if I need to.
2020-8-6
Use props
P4PAUS
lvl.1

United States

JetSam Posted at 8-6 00:35
Check this video ,maybe changing Plastic parts for metal parts solve the Problem

The white plastic propeller mount of Phantom 4 that holds your propeller is likely to be broken because : 1. worn out after a while especially the the motor will generate heat while running. 2. crack due to crash or even just a non-critical hit 3. crack due to extreme weather condition

Brand-new, only two short flights on this UAS.  Prop mounts / props are simply too tight.
2020-8-6
Use props
P4PAUS
lvl.1

United States

DJR00 Posted at 8-6 18:21
Are you using DJI Brand Props or after market ?

The included DJI props.
2020-8-6
Use props
P4PAUS
lvl.1

United States

Mr. Strat Posted at 8-6 19:19
Mine were difficult to get on and off when it was new, but now after several months I usually don't have a problem. I did buy a strap wrench (rubber of course) which helped. And I still use it rarely if I need to.

I'd seen your previous posts about this;  what type of miniature strap wrench, exactly?
2020-8-6
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

P4PAUS Posted at 8-6 19:23
I'd seen your previous posts about this;  what type of miniature strap wrench, exactly?

Not sure if this was covered,  but you do need to push the prop hub Down towards the motor before turning in the appropriate direction.

There is a spring under there that must be compressed before turning to release the prop.

Randy
2020-8-7
Use props
Mr. Strat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4542854 ft
United States

P4PAUS Posted at 8-6 19:23

I think it came from eBay - just a cheap plastic handle with a rubber strap. Just a rubber strap like you might use for opening a jar would work. Just curve it around the motor, hold it firmly in place between thumb and index finger, and press down and twist on the prop. Having had the Phantom for a few months now I rarely have to use it. Things seem to have gotten worn in.
2020-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules