Multiple behaviors on iOS v1.1.6?
867 15 2020-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

So i just watched a video (link below) showing off the news 1.1.6 version of the Fly app. I went to  test them myself but I'm missing several features. Locking side movement option is not there and the new OA+APAS setting is also not there, I'm just getting the normal two separate toggles. Also, in that video he said he received a new firmware (01.00.0309 I believe) but there's no firmware update for me, I'm still on 250. Any ideas what's going on?

2020-8-5
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

You also need a drone FW update for those functions to show, but it has not yet been released to the general public (the guy that made the video may be a nominated tester for DJI)
2020-8-5
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 8-5 14:44
You also need a drone FW update for those functions to show, but it has not yet been released to the general public (the guy that made the video may be a nominated tester for DJI)

I thought about that, but:
- the OA+APAS setting is just a visual change, nothing changes in the drone’s actual behavior so it really shouldn’t depend on firmware
- he says he almost didn’t notice the firmware update and is quite puzzled by it, so clearly not a beta tester from what i understand
2020-8-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think he mentions FW update in the video so it’s likely that. If you have seen his other videos of Air2 you will know he’s also a beta tester for dji and he had orignal Air2 on beta before it was released. So I reckon apart from gimbal and telemetry changes the rest will follow with FW or another app update. There was no mention of changes to APAS in release notes.
Just another anomaly of how dji do things.
2020-8-5
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Russ at 51 Drones has a theory that Air Photography must have checked for firmware updates just at the right moment and got that .390 update, its since been removed which is why we are not seeing that or the new features he mentioned beyond the description of the battery indicator, gimbal and yaw controls.

I tend to go along with that theory.

So he got a sneak peek at something that may yet come along, though some of the logic is baffling a little at least to me.
2020-8-5
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

I also notice, as someone else posted, that Normal Yaw Smoothness doesn't work.  For me and my iPhone 6s there is no coast down in the entire slider range.
2020-8-5
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

Rustic17 Posted at 8-5 18:51
I also notice, as someone else posted, that Normal Yaw Smoothness doesn't work.  For me and my iPhone 6s there is no coast down in the entire slider range.

i didn't get to fly it yet so couldn't test yaw but i noticed gimbal controls not working correctly for tripod mode (they seem to just use the normal mode settings). Maybe it needs to be in the air to be "true" tripod mode, i'll try and test it later today. It would be really lame to add these couple of settings and have them not working correctly......
2020-8-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for sharing this informative video and sharing your personal insights regarding this matter. Great find and thank you for your valued support.
2020-8-6
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-6 07:51
Hi. Thank you for sharing this informative video and sharing your personal insights regarding this matter. Great find and thank you for your valued support.

Thanks for the reply but I opened this topic to get some answers, not just share a video. Could you please address the questions in the initial post?
2020-8-6
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634505 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi I think that Air Photography may be using an Android device
They seem to get rollouts before IOS.
2020-8-6
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ET214 Posted at 8-6 08:10
Hi I think that Air Photography may be using an Android device
They seem to get rollouts before IOS.

1.1.6 came out yesterday on iOS - I've read many threads on here today of Android users still waiting for the app update.

The guy from Flytpath also has this new locking feature too. As Hallmark007 correctly stated, it will come with the firmware .309 update which is obviously in a beta stage at the moment as Flytpath didn't even mention it in his review of the app update despite being on his screen.
2020-8-6
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 8-6 08:19
1.1.6 came out yesterday on iOS - I've read many threads on here today of Android users still waiting for the app update.

The guy from Flytpath also has this new locking feature too. As Hallmark007 correctly stated, it will come with the firmware .309 update which is obviously in a beta stage at the moment as Flytpath didn't even mention it in his review of the app update despite being on his screen.

I got the automatic update a few days ago on my Samsung S6 but did not notice it since I rarely use it for drones. But no updates on either Samsung or Asus tablet. So I went for the apk on the Asus last night, and it looks ok. But no, I don't see those extra features on either device.
2020-8-6
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GaryDoug Posted at 8-6 19:00
I got the automatic update a few days ago on my Samsung S6 but did not notice it since I rarely use it for drones. But no updates on either Samsung or Asus tablet. So I went for the apk on the Asus last night, and it looks ok. But no, I don't see those extra features on either device.

The release is a bit all over the place on this one
2020-8-6
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634505 ft
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 8-6 08:19
1.1.6 came out yesterday on iOS - I've read many threads on here today of Android users still waiting for the app update.

The guy from Flytpath also has this new locking feature too. As Hallmark007 correctly stated, it will come with the firmware .309 update which is obviously in a beta stage at the moment as Flytpath didn't even mention it in his review of the app update despite being on his screen.

That’s  one of my main gripes with using Youtubers to  find out about a product.
These amateurs gloss over things, don’t reveal information that is relevant. Does DJI tell them or just let
suffer the fallback for misleading people?
DJI is a global company. Why are they skimping on Marketing and announcements with  cheap amateurs who make commercials for pennies or worse for toys.
2020-8-7
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ET214 Posted at 8-7 06:48
That’s  one of my main gripes with using Youtubers to  find out about a product.
These amateurs gloss over things, don’t reveal information that is relevant. Does DJI tell them or just let
Suffer the fallback for misleading people?

I agree
2020-8-7
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

I've seen several people note they had issues with Yaw Smoothness not working in Normal mode.  I have a 6s iPhone and I have the same problem.  No yaw smoothness throughout the entire range of the slider...just an abrupt stop when I come off the control.  Surprisingly, I was in Pano last night (still in Normal mode) and yaw smoothness was working when I repositioned the MA2 for each new Pano.  
2020-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules