Turned on Osmo Action and it’s just a black screen. Need help!!
5958 15 2020-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Parisi2274
lvl.4
Flight distance : 211043 ft
United States

Hey all

So I was going to use my Action for some time lapse video and so I set it up on my tripod and turned it on. When I turned it on I noticed that the screen was black and if I pressed the record button nothing happened. If I tried to swipe on the video format it was in responsive. If I tried to swipe to see what was on the SD card it was unresponsive.  The only part that is responsive is the settings menu.  I went in there and did a full factory restore and after it came back on, the results were the same.  

Has anyone else had this issue with their action? Is the thing bricked (that would suck)?  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Current FW on the device is 1.08.00.10(7197)
2020-8-5
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486381 ft
New Zealand

Do you see it on your phone through the Mimo app?  Can you re run the firmware update?
2020-8-5
Use props
Parisi2274
lvl.4
United States

anthonyb Posted at 8-5 18:31
Do you see it on your phone through the Mimo app?  Can you re run the firmware update?

I do see it on my phone in the MIMO app, and it does try to connect to it, but never does.  After I hit the connect button, it tries to connect and then just goes back to showing the connect button again.  
2020-8-5
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

You can chat with dji see if they can offer a refresh firmware.
2020-8-6
Use props
Parisi2274
lvl.4
United States

I looked on the support page for the Osmo Action and it seems there is a newer FW (1.09.00.10),  I downloaded that to my computer and when I get home from work, I am going to try and get that onto the action and see if that corrects the issue.

Fingers crossed!
2020-8-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please update the firmware of the DJI Osmo Action to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance, Thank you.
2020-8-6
Use props
Parisi2274
lvl.4
United States

So I updated the FW on my Osmo Action to the latest FW and after it successfully updated and rebooted, I was still met with just a black screen.  

Looks like I may have to call their support tomorrow to see if they can help me get it working.
2020-8-6
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

chat with them  get the problem corrected. screen cable may slipped off.
2020-8-7
Use props
Parisi2274
lvl.4
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 8-7 02:17
chat with them  get the problem corrected. screen cable may slipped off.

The screen is on. I can see the RS, the video settings, the time in the upper left.

The issue is that I can only swipe down to get to the settings menu, and that’s it. Pressing record does nothing.
2020-8-7
Use props
Parisi2274
lvl.4
United States

So I called support, told them the issue and everything I did to try and correct it and they told me to open up a repair request, which I did, so lets see what happens next.

The funny thing is of course my DJI Care Refresh expired back in May...    So lets see how much this costs me.  
2020-8-7
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

$35.00 for the backscreen  then some Lol
2020-8-7
Use props
Parisi2274
lvl.4
United States

Lovely....  

I hope this doesn’t cost me an arm and a leg to fix.  
2020-8-7
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

look up the repair parts list.
2020-8-7
Use props
Parisi2274
lvl.4
United States

Update on my Osmo.... seems the rear screen is bad and they need to replace it... So $35 for the screen and $65 for labor... $100... and of course my DJI Care ran out less than a month ago.  :/
2020-8-14
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Labor can never get away from. Funny how this is about the only product you can not find repair parts on.
2020-8-15
Use props
Parisi2274
lvl.4
United States

So it seems they sent me back a refurbished Osmo Action to replace the one I sent them, which I am fine with, and I was able to purchase a new DJI Care refresh. One thing that made me sad is because they kept my old unit, they also kept my SD card.  My fault though for leaving it in there as I thought they were going to need it for testing purposes...
2020-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules