Purchasing Inspire 2 - used - w/ DNG & ProRes
1826 6 2020-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MauPhoto
lvl.1

United States

Hi,
I'm buying an Inspire 2 2nd hand from someone. Does anybody know if a used Inspire 2 that contains/ activated both Cinema DNG and Apple ProRes licenses once the aircraft is facory reset and linked to my DJI account, the licenses A. Remain with the drone regardless of factory reset and re-link to a different owner -  or - B. The licanses get erased from the aircraft the moment the unit is factory reset ?

Mauricio M
2020-8-5
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

What is the purpose of "factory reset" ? Even if such option is available (which I doubt), it will do nothing to  licensing. The license is tied to a Cinecore module serial #, as seen on dedicated page of Assistant 2 software. The change of ownership/DJI account has no impact on licensing. You're safe ...
2020-8-7
Use props
MauPhoto
lvl.1

United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 8-7 12:37
What is the purpose of "factory reset" ? Even if such option is available (which I doubt), it will do nothing to  licensing. The license is tied to a Cinecore module serial #, as seen on dedicated page of Assistant 2 software. The change of ownership/DJI account has no impact on licensing. You're safe ...

Captain Dobrski, that is great news, thank you.  If I remember correctly, there was an option to 'factory reset' the aircraft but I may be wrong.  I glanced at it when I was running a firmware update on another Inspire 2 I own.  
But you are right, what would even be a need for a factory re-set, if all I need is to register the drone under my name and that is it...
Thank you for the insight.  I'm new to this & starting my drone experience.

Mauricio M
2020-8-7
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

MauPhoto Posted at 8-7 13:07
Captain Dobrski, that is great news, thank you.  If I remember correctly, there was an option to 'factory reset' the aircraft but I may be wrong.  I glanced at it when I was running a firmware update on another Inspire 2 I own.  
But you are right, what would even be a need for a factory re-set, if all I need is to register the drone under my name and that is it...
Thank you for the insight.  I'm new to this & starting my drone experience.

Actually you can't re-register the DJI drone, she's tied for life to whoever activated her after unboxing. This is irrelevant, however, since you'll be a new owner and all following data will be tied to your DJI account since.
2020-8-7
Use props
MauPhoto
lvl.1

United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 8-7 14:26
Actually you can't re-register the DJI drone, she's tied for life to whoever activated her after unboxing. This is irrelevant, however, since you'll be a new owner and all following data will be tied to your DJI account since.

This is good to know.  Thank you much for your answers and expertise.

M
2020-8-9
Use props
djiuser_kaoF63UTL50v
New
Flight distance : 206020 ft

United Kingdom

Was this all correct and it worked?
I'm looking to do the same thing
2021-12-2
Use props
MauPhoto
lvl.1

United States

Yes. There is no restriction for me to use the drone's licenses, both ProRes & CinemaDNG.  The DJI original SSD drives the drone takes are ridiculously expensive though & if you are shooting CinemaDNG, the files that come out are massively huge.
2021-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules