Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
ADS_B
599 16 2020-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9d8f6b0f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 466516 ft
United States

I just looked up the U. S. A. ADS-B requirements on the U. S. A. FAA website.

It appears that almost all aircraft here are required to have it now.

I turned in that notification feature on my newly added DJI MA2, then ensured I was in flight with it when our local - regional UPS Cessna Caravan flew over (I know the pilot, he's now using one of our old cars around here when not flying UPS boxes from here to a regional distribution center.)

Anywhere, no notifications from dji fly app about this named acft flying over.
2020-8-5
Use props
Northwood
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Required vs actual... that might be the case...  In Canada, its a 5 year mandate as of 2019, its costly, especially for small operators.
2020-8-5
Use props
djiuser_7JeESbqkRQ2U
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3435 ft
United States

I've had two alerts in the last week in NW Montana,  Aircraft were no factor and I could see their location on the map.  I like it.
2020-8-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I just looked up the U. S. A. ADS-B requirements on the U. S. A. FAA website.
It appears that almost all aircraft here are required to have it now
Look again.
You'll find that ADSB is required to fly in most controlled airspace.

That's:
  • Class A, B, and C airspace;
  • Class E airspace at or above 10,000 feet msl, excluding airspace at and below 2,500 feet agl;
  • Within 30 nautical miles of a Class B primary airport (the Mode C veil);
  • Above the ceiling and within the lateral boundaries of Class B or Class C airspace up to 10,000 feet;
  • Class E airspace over the Gulf of Mexico, at and above 3,000 feet msl, within 12 nm of the U.S. coast.

I turned in that notification feature on my newly added DJI MA2, then ensured I was in flight with it when our local - regional UPS Cessna Caravan flew over
Anyway, no notifications from dji fly app about this named acft flying over.
Lots of General Aviation aircraft don't fly in controlled airspace and so won't be using ADS-B
Assuming that all aircraft will show will give you a false sense of security.
The aircraft that are most likely to be close to your airspace are the aircraft least likely to be using ADS-B.

2020-8-5
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

yeah it's pretty impressive when it works
2020-8-5
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 8-5 20:20
I just looked up the U. S. A. ADS-B requirements on the U. S. A. FAA website.
It appears that almost all aircraft here are required to have it now
Look again.

You forgot Class D airspace.
2020-8-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared. I will be posting a DJI link ( https://www.dji.com/flysafe/airsense ) and an official DJI video to learn more about the ADS-B ( AirSense ) Thank you.

2020-8-5
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
United States

You don't say whether the UPS was taking off or landing.  If he was taking off and in a climb the ADS-B would recognize there was no conflict and not give an alert.  You can also set the threshold at which alerts you will get.
2020-8-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Rustic17 Posted at 8-5 21:05

I didn't.
Because ADS-B is not required in Class D airspace, or under a Class B or Class C airspace shelf, unless it lies within a Mode C veil.
2020-8-5
Use props
fans9d8f6b0f
lvl.2
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 8-5 21:31
You don't say whether the UPS was taking off or landing.  If he was taking off and in a climb the ADS-B would recognize there was no conflict and not give an alert.  You can also set the threshold at which alerts you will get.[view_image]

TU response! Now I need to figure out how to access that threat level selection screen.

BTW, by the time the UPS feeder acft (a Cessna Caravan) flys over my house it's at cruise altitude, about 1500' AGL. Since I certainly don't fly my sUAV's above 399' perhaps the ADS B in my MA2 doesn't trigger due to no perceived threat.
2020-8-6
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
United States

fans9d8f6b0f Posted at 8-6 08:45
TU response! Now I need to figure out how to access that threat level selection screen.

BTW, by the time the UPS feeder acft (a Cessna Caravan) flys over my house it's at cruise altitude, about 1500' AGL. Since I certainly don't fly my sUAV's above 399' perhaps the ADS B in my MA2 doesn't trigger due to no perceived threat.

Just go to full map mode (tapping lower left map twice) and you'll see the icons.
2020-8-6
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
United States

I think I will use the Medium/High option to avoid clutter when flying in my neighborhood.
2020-8-6
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
United States

2020-8-6
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
United States

The last sentence of the first paragraph leads me to believe that if ADS-B recognizes there is no potential for conflict, it will not trigger an alert.
2020-8-6
Use props
fans9d8f6b0f
lvl.2
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 8-6 08:48
Just go to full map mode (tapping lower left map twice) and you'll see the icons.[view_image]

Thank you very very much for this information
2020-8-6
Use props
fans9d8f6b0f
lvl.2
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 8-6 08:55
The last sentence of the first paragraph leads me to believe that if ADS-B recognizes there is no potential for conflict, it will not trigger an alert.

Thank you very much for that information
2020-8-7
Use props
fans9d8f6b0f
lvl.2
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 8-6 08:48
Just go to full map mode (tapping lower left map twice) and you'll see the icons.[view_image]

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain that!
2020-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules