Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Some questions regarding Mavic Mini
423 10 2020-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ernstje
lvl.1
Sweden

Hi all,

First I must begin with say that I in loved in my first drone a Mavic Mini <3

Now I have some questions regarding that beauty tiny drone:

1. Does Mini has the feature that I can draw out route on a map and the drone automatically fly that way ?
2. If I fly a round is't possible I can zoom in a object so I can live see that object bigger in my phone?
3. How can I check the signal to the drone?
4. When I fly at , let say 10m high. Is that to the ground, water or to my control?
5. I can't fly so good at nights due the darkness, is't not recommended to fly at nights?
6. In city I can't fly so long range due wifi interference, does Air 2 or Pro has any other solution than wifi and can fly longer distance?

Thanks in advane , and I will really appreciate your help.

2020-8-6
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

1) Not more than one step at a time and you are 'mis-using' a feature to do it one step at a time. For each leg it involves resetting the home point as the next destination and then RTH'ing to that destination. It is a dicey thing to do, especially for a newbie. In going to the next point, you could fly your mini out of control range and then you are up a creek with no means of getting it home unless you yourself can move into control range.
2) Don't know
3) see https://store.dji.com/guides/dji-fly-app-complete-user-guide/     the "Signal Strength and GPS" section or, if you mean channel wise, in the transmission section of the 3 dot menus.
4) the indicated height is the height above the take off point and that alone. When at height the mini had no knowledge of its height above the ground, when it gets close enough to the ground for the ground to be within the range of the downward looking sensors its behaviour is modified somewhat, notably in terms of descent speed, and when within 50cm or so of the ground the landing protection thing. (read the manual https://www.dji.com/uk/mavic-mini/downloads ) However at no time does the mini give a numeric indication, on the display screen, of its height above the ground.
5) Darkness affects the downward vision sensors, nothing else, so if you can fly it with out those I see no reason, in terms of the drone's capabilities,  to not fly in darkness. Whether or not it is legal to fly in darkness is a matter for your jurisdiction.
6) Whether or not it is legal to fly over built up areas is a matter for your jurisdiction. In the UK it is not.
2020-8-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

1.  No
2.  No
3.  The app shows an indication of signal strength
4.  All heights are relative to the level of your launch point
5.  It's not recommended to fly at night
6.  Air 2 and Pro fly much further than wifi drones in any environment
2020-8-6
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

1. No. The Mini does not have waypoints or draw
2. No. The Mini does not have a zoom lens
3. There is an RC signal icon on the FPV screen
4. Altitude is based on how high the drone is above the home point (from where it initially took off). Horizontal distance is relative to the remote.
5. The downward vision positioning system will be ineffective in low light conditions. Sunrises and sunsets (the golden hour) are the best times to fly. I would not recommend flying at night until you have gained some experience. It is also illegal in some countries.
6. The 2 Pro and Air 2 both use OcuSync 2.0 radio transmission technology which will provide a range in CE areas (Europe) of up to 6KM. It is a far more powerful transmission system than the Mini which uses basic WiFi. You will find flying near congested areas will have less impact on the signal quality with the Air 2 and 2 Pro and the live feed to your device is 1080p.
2020-8-6
Use props
ernstje
lvl.1
Sweden

Thanks for all fast replies !
Supplementary questions

2. Does Mavic Pro or Air 2 has zoom lens?
3. I can't see any signal only to the GPS satellites.
4. How fast does the home point updates , directly after take off?
6. I want a drone I can fly with good distance and my next drone will be Pro (not 2 due good price on that first one) or Air 2.
Is't big diff, between OcuSync and OcuSync 2.0 ?
For only care about distance which is most value able Air 2 or Pro ?

And I also one more thing, fly with the camera point off from your are quite easy but when you fly the camera pointed to you its very tricky to steer.
Any tips how I train to become better on that ?
2020-8-6
Use props
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

1: Third paty apps may support waypoints - https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D712%26typeid%3D712

2: Mavic 2 Zoom has a zoom lens (separate version of the mavic 2 pro)

3: The signal indicator is not that reliable, connection can drop at any time but you should see a wifi style icon next to the GPS one.

4. Do not take off until home point is set! have patience, if you take off before its set auto RTH will not work as you expect.

6: Mavic 3 Pro is likely to be released in the near future, may be worth waiting to see what that is like (and if there are any discount 2 pros being sold off) although the mavic air 2 is very very good
2020-8-6
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

ernstje Posted at 8-6 02:31
Supplementary questions

"And I also one more thing, fly with the camera point off from your are quite easy but when you fly the camera pointed to you its very tricky to steer.
Any tips how I train to become better on that ?"

Just practise, practice and....practice.

In the beginning landing in confined area ; land your drone front-facing away from you,  so right = right, left = left, ect.

cheers
JJB

2020-8-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Supplementary questions
Supplementary questions
2. Does Mavic Pro or Air 2 has zoom lens?
Mavic 2 Zoom has a zoom lens - no other DJI consumer drone does

3. I can't see any signal only to the GPS satellites.
Go to p32 of the Mini manual:  https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_Mini/20200212/Mavic_Mini_User_Manual_v1.0_EN.pdf
See #4 on the top of the screen

4. How fast does the home point updates , directly after take off?
Your drone records the home point as soon as it gets good GPS location data.
It's a good idea to wait for this before launching.

6. Is't big diff, between OcuSync and OcuSync 2.0 ?
No

2020-8-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

1/ if you want this feature you need to buy a phantom4pro, this has draw facility.

All the rest have been answered.
2020-8-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Supplementary questions

Try flying with back of the craft always facing you first, learn this then keep practicing.
2020-8-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Welcome to the DJI Forum and thank you for choosing DJI. We are happy to know that your previous queries were answered. For additional information please visit our official DJI Mavic Mini FAQ and manual. If you have further concerns or inquiry, please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. Thank you.
2020-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules