Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
3 Battery pack charge with a power bank: how does it work?
6732 9 2020-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Azgana
lvl.2
Italy

Hi, i have a Mavic Mini, and i want to know how can i charge my 3 battery pack with a power bank.
I tried to connect my One Plus 10.000 mAh power bank (5V-2A output) to my 3 battery pack with a common USB cable; 1 blinking light in every battery appears and seems to not recharge my batteries.I even tried to connect only one battery in the charger, but same problem.
I'm doing something wrong? How can i charge them?

2020-8-6
Use props
djiuser_ZAr0g7JFXick
lvl.2
Flight distance : 811437 ft
Romania

Hi,
From what I know, the batery charging hub can't charge more than one batery at the same time. When one batery is done, the next one is starting to charge.

If it doesn't charge the batery at all, then maybe your powerbank doesn't work properly or your charging hub isn't working. (Try pluging it into the wall to determine which is not working).

Hope I was able to help somehow.
2020-8-6
Use props
Azgana
lvl.2
Italy

djiuser_ZAr0g7JFXick Posted at 8-6 03:49
Hi,
From what I know, the batery charging hub can't charge more than one batery at the same time. When one batery is done, the next one is starting to charge.

Thanks for the reply.
Everything works normally, but my question is: how can i charge my batteries with a power bank?
2020-8-6
Use props
djiuser_ZAr0g7JFXick
lvl.2
Flight distance : 811437 ft
Romania

Azgana Posted at 8-6 04:20
Thanks for the reply.
Everything works normally, but my question is: how can i charge my batteries with a power bank?
From what I know, there should be no difference between charging from the wall or the powerbank.
If it doesn't work with your PB, you can try charging with anotger PB and see how it goes.

My feeling is that you powerbank is'nt working.

Best regards!
2020-8-6
Use props
K6CCC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Yes, you can charge from a USB battery bank.  However the likelyhood is that your battery bank can not supply as much current as the original DJI AC adapter.  The DJI adapter is 18 watt - or about 3.6 amps at 5 volts.  Very few USB battery banks will supply more than 2.1 amps - and many wont go that high.  The exception is battery banks that support Power Delivery mode for USB C (which the DJI 3 battery charger does not support)
So the summary is that your USB battery bank will slowly charge either one battery in the aircraft, or one battery at a time in the DJI 3 battery charger, or both (and yes, I have charged two batteries at once with one in the drone and one charging in the 3 battery charger).  My fastest charging in the field uses the AC output from my USB battery bank with the DJI AC adapter into the three battery charger, and one battery charging in the aircraft (and if needed, the remote control also charging from the battery bank.  All that runs down the battery bank in a hurry!
2020-8-6
Use props
Azgana
lvl.2
Italy

K6CCC Posted at 8-6 06:37
Yes, you can charge from a USB battery bank.  However the likelyhood is that your battery bank can not supply as much current as the original DJI AC adapter.  The DJI adapter is 18 watt - or about 3.6 amps at 5 volts.  Very few USB battery banks will supply more than 2.1 amps - and many wont go that high.  The exception is battery banks that support Power Delivery mode for USB C (which the DJI 3 battery charger does not support)
So the summary is that your USB battery bank will slowly charge either one battery in the aircraft, or one battery at a time in the DJI 3 battery charger, or both (and yes, I have charged two batteries at once with one in the drone and one charging in the 3 battery charger).  My fastest charging in the field uses the AC output from my USB battery bank with the DJI AC adapter into the three battery charger, and one battery charging in the aircraft (and if needed, the remote control also charging from the battery bank.  All that runs down the battery bank in a hurry!

Thanks for the detailed infos!
I even tried to charge only one battery in the 3 batteries charger, but same problem; one blinking light. I didn't tried to wait for about 20 minutes to see if the lights becomes two, because i was afraid if damaging the battery or the power bank.

So i have to buy a power bank that supports output of 3.6 amps? It's not just a USB cable problem?
Maybe with the one from DJI, all works.
2020-8-6
Use props
K6CCC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

No, you can use your existing battery, it just will be slower.
When you have more than one battery in the triple charger, the charger will start by charging the battery with the highest charge.  Once that is full, it will switch to the next  highest battery.
2020-8-6
Use props
GuruOz
lvl.1

Australia

My set up is 3 batteries, one charging hub and a 20,000mah xiaomi power bank woth qc 3.0. This set up works great. The qc 3.0 negotiates the current draw and everything works great. Lets my fly literally forever
2020-8-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Azgana. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots who owns the DJI Mavic Mini and uses a powerbank to charge the said drones intelligent flight battery. In addition the DJI Mavic Mini Two-Way Charging Hub charges four batteries in sequence. Just a reminder, please be cautious on using third-party accessory like powerbanks as this may affect your unit and can void the warranty as well. Thank you for understanding.
2020-8-6
Use props
Azgana
lvl.2
Italy

Thanks guys, if you telo me that 1 slowly blinking light is ok, then my One Plus power bank can handle the charge.
Which is the official power bank that is approved by DJI? Can someone share the info/requirements?

In attachment at my post, here's a photo of the scene.
IMG_20200805_171042.jpg
2020-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules