PROBLEMS UNDERSTANDING REPAIR COSTS
1218 4 2020-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
francodicapri
lvl.2

Italy

I recently crashed my Mavic mini and sent it to DJI. I have a warranty and it hasn't expired yet, but I was prompted with this email as soon as damage assesments were made:

Remark: NO WARRANTY: Crash damage. No liquid damage. GPS & IMU Module damaged. Gimbal Axis Arm Module damaged. Gimbal Coaxial Cable damaged. Rear Left Aircraft Arm damaged. No physical damage can be seen, (except IMU cover) OOW Dear customer, this quotation is by using your DJI Care Refresh, after payment being confirmed in our system, DJI will send a replacement aircraft. If you want to go for Normal Repair Process, please contact DJI Support to revise the current quotation. The normal repair cost will be €106.2 (Shipping Cost and Shipping VAT Excluded) according to DJI's damage assessment.

I don't understand, if DJI sends me a replacement do I have to pay anything? Do I have to pay only if I want my old drone to be repaired?

Did I get it right?

It would be nice if someone cleared this situation for me...
Thank you
2020-8-6
Use props
francodicapri
lvl.2

Italy

By the way, case number is CAS-4653906-M7T5L9
2020-8-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, are you referring to the DJI Care Refresh when you mention that you have a warranty? There is a replacement fee when using the DJI Care Refresh Plan, for more detail, you may check the screenshot below or the following link: https://store.dji.com/product/dji-care-refresh-mavic-mini
1.png

I've checked the case you provided, a DJI Care Refresh quotation has been sent to you via email. You can pay it directly if you want to use the DJI Care Refresh.

But if you would rather have a normal repair than use the DJI Care Refresh, please let me know, We will send you a repair quotation, a repair fee will need to be paid.

2020-8-6
Use props
Mettauk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 269610 ft
United Kingdom

The repair system seems rather flawed, If I lose, crash or otherwise cause my drone to fail I can claim via Care Refresh as part of an extra paid for service.  However, if my drone is faulty, for example, it tries to go into water with no warning in Tripod mode (no landing warning/no proximity warning, then this would be a manufacturing/design fault and should be repaired/replaced with no charge at all.  There seems no direct way to address this, even with flight data available??
2020-8-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Mettauk Posted at 8-15 09:14
The repair system seems rather flawed, If I lose, crash or otherwise cause my drone to fail I can claim via Care Refresh as part of an extra paid for service.  However, if my drone is faulty, for example, it tries to go into water with no warning in Tripod mode (no landing warning/no proximity warning, then this would be a manufacturing/design fault and should be repaired/replaced with no charge at all.  There seems no direct way to address this, even with flight data available??

Hi Mettauk, if your drone still within the warranty period, you can contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support to open a case and apply the data analysis. Thanks.
2020-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules