United Kingdom

This guy really gets into active tracking - I like his content
2020-8-6
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

I've never done Active Track...for some reason I always thought Parallel was directly to the side of the subject, not just offset and back of the subject.
2020-8-6
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 8-6 07:04
I've never done Active Track...for some reason I always thought Parallel was directly to the side of the subject, not just offset and back of the subject.

It should be, but in this case Parallel is doing a really poor job. Considering it's in Sport Mode where obstacle avoidance is unavailable anyway, there really is no reason why the drone couldn't position itself better and fly sideways.
2020-8-6
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MisterFrag Posted at 8-6 07:29
It should be, but in this case Parallel is doing a really poor job. Considering it's in Sport Mode where obstacle avoidance is unavailable anyway, there really is no reason why the drone couldn't position itself better and fly sideways.

Test boomerang as well - it's riddled with glitches. The other five quick shots are fine as are POI and spotlight and I find AT trace to be on point too. Hopefully this next FW update will fix things up.
2020-8-6
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good find that's for sharing
2020-8-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MisterFrag. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this wonderful video you have came upon. Great find and thank you for your support.
2020-8-6
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can do effective parallel tracking to the side but it is not easy, as I have found. First, you have to lead the target a bit before setting up the tracking. Then you may have to override with manual lateral stick input briefly to keep the drone aside the target while locked on it. Once that happens, IF the target does not change speed or direction, the drone should keep up for a while. Out of about 20 attempts, I have had maybe one or two successes, so far fairly brief ones. I think the issue is that the program just tries to keep the target in the same area of the screen regardless of its direction, speed or distance. I am still experimenting so maybe some day, I can get it right most of the time ;-) And another thing, once locked in at the side of the target, the drone does a zig-zag action to correct the view angle. That shows up on the log file but not too much in the video.
2020-8-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Cool video!
2020-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now